FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cin

Resto tuning - beat me up

Just trying to get out of the middle of the pack (or lower) and pull some fights through.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonmaw/Cincinattus/simple

My recent logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hJ6mgGXq2wkntbBz

I've been looking at other Resto Druid that are getting kills, and one of the biggest differences I see was A) using Cultivation instead of ToL so I changed that and B) that other peoples rejuvs are getting almost 50% more out of the cast than I am (generally I'm about 300k/cast).  I generally have seen that I do more casts and end up with less healing.  I'm not sure if this is that I'm spam casting rejuv on existing targets when I don't know what else to do and maybe that's averaging it down.

If someone can tell me any obvious errors I'm making here, I'm all ears.

Edit: I should mention I have the full 4-set but I haven't worn the other two pieces because they'd both be giving up Crit for Versatility and unequipping shoulder Lego.  The ilvl upgrade is 885->890.  I can't even say I'd put on the 4 set if they were both versatility instead of a good stat and I had the head instead of shoulder.

Edited by Cin

Your armor and stats are really good, although I believe your verse is pretty low (I'm the same ilvl as you. C 23%, H 26%, M 13%, V 12%.) Trinkets needs updating. I wouldn't use germination when raiding. Me personally, I found it to be more of a headache. It's a heavier burden on mana and not fast. It would be better to take Inner Peace or Spring Blossoms depending on the fight. For Krosus (which you did pretty well on), Skorpyron, and Star Augur Etraeus where most of your raid will spend time in close proximity Spring Blossoms is a strong option. Personally I use Inner Peace for a reliable extra cast of Tranq at the end of the fight when things can get messy/chaotic. 

There are some other things that can be improved. 

• Use your quicker CDs first (flourish, G'hanir). 
  • Throw up a Wild Growth before Tranq-ing.
  • Use Innervate and Efflorescence more often. Innervate will help you manage your mana better.
  • You're not using Lifebloom enough. Always keep one on a tank. If you need help keeping track of Lifebloom, the Druid discord has a link to weakauras that can help you.  
  • In place of Germination you can cast Wild Growth more often. Make better use of that 2 piece bonus.
  • Cast Flourish more often. It has a 60 second cooldown and it doesn't necessarily need to be paired up with Essence of G'hanir all the time. It's a good ability that lets you regain some mana while your hots keep ticking.

Finally, as always, get a 3rd, 4th, and 5th opinion by trying your questions in the Druid discord. They can help you out and tell you whats needs improvement. I think your healing is pretty good for a smaller raid size. Hope this helps!

My Character http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Mortyflint/simple

Thanks for the input.  I really didn't think about the extra mana drain of Germination and how WG works that much better with the 2-set.  I still have an issue with the mana cost so I don't use it as much as I should.  I should just get in the habit of hitting Innervate every time I WG, but I generally like to keep it for ToL, which I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay with for the oh-shit moments.

Effervescence doesn't make much sense to me on high movement fights so you might see me put it up more on a Krosus than Spellblade.  It's pretty expensive, though I know it's effective if you can keep a melee heavy group in it for a while.

I do see your difference in Vers, but I'm trying to see the logic in giving up the crit and mastery vs a stat that's considered poor for raid heals according to anything I've read.  I have a fair bit of Vers gear kicking around that I haven't DE, but I'm not sure why to use it.

And yes, I would love to update trinkets, but I've had a drought of healer trinks dropping.

Efflorescence is a great heal all around. There are many mobile fights in NH but there are moments of opportunity for each boss where tanks and melee stand around enough to make full use of it. Trilliax when he jumps in the center and does the beam. Placing it under him reminds people that standing closer to the boss makes it easier to stay ahead of the beam (and also heals them at the same time). Just moments like that help, even for just a few seconds. Same goes for Botanist, Chronomatic Anomaly, and Elisande. 

As for Vers and stats in general, verse is good. Not as beneficial as haste and crit, but it does increase your healing and helps reduce the damage you take from aoe. Don't ignore it. There's a balance with stats that has to be met. Check the Druid discord for a Weakaura that tracks your stats and gives you Pawn Weights if you're still unsure.