FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tempest501

Demo Warlock in need of great DPS Help

Hi,

I have Demo lock and I am really struggling with DPS at the moment in NH and I am around 880 ilvl. When I was around the 860 before NH i was doing ok. I switched chars and my artifact wep still needs the fourth dragon. Here are my logs from Starboy as an example:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1xPh3TkH7LDNgQcB/#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=21

I have followed Not's guide when building my char currently at 34% haste. When I have been comparing myself to others they all seem to get waaaay more imps out than me but I have no idea how as I cast them as soon as i get 4 shards etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you need more info from me just ask.

My armoury is here http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bladefist/Jadís/simple

I think that I already answered you on Discord. Apart from what I said earlier (hopefully you took notes!) be sure that you always have Dreads in your TKC (you didn't twice though this gets easier with tier) be on the look out especially for imp damage relics and remember to DE after each summon. Like we found out you're really doing ok just needs a little tightening which should come with practice and more familiarity with the new fights (also you will soon get the 35th trait and hopefully tier set).

Good luck. Go work on stuff and post again in say 2-3 weeks. Does your UI perhaps need some improving? 

On 14/02/2017 at 5:10 PM, Tempest501 said:

I think my ui is ok but it is attached see what you think

ui example.jpg

Hey Tempest, 

Looks a lot better than most I see. You use Not's Weak Auras too I think?  

A couple of comments. Do you ever look to the top left? Either to your character or target pane. I have two little bars near the rest of the stuff I need to track that show my HP/MP so I know when I need to Life Tap, Health Pot and/or use a defensive cooldown. 

Personally I have my target pane between your action bars and the chat panel. It's not quite as important for demo , as we don't have a proper execute for a start, but if you ever find yourself looking to the top left to see how much HP or resources they have then I'd suggest moving it. Everything you need should be "centralish". You can also start putting stuff to the left and right of your character as well. 

Do you ever find yourself looking to the top right? For any buffs/debuffs. If so consider moving that stuff too. 

Is there in the centre that you have that you don't need? Consider turning it off. For example with Not's auras I remove the ones that show talents selected and also the absorb shield amount (though sure some people need this to decide when to start moving out of the bad but I can see that from my HP).

Good luck. Oh and your Doomshards (or perhaps it is a WA) is not central however, if it doesn't bother you then it does not matter, it was just something that jumped out at me. 

Oh and check your logs to see if you are casting enough dogs/TKCs now. If not you can make make a much more obvious WA that flashes/makes noise/spins etc if needed until you get better at it, 

I have been trying to stop looking at top left which is why ii got doom shards and i am using Nots weak auras, wouild you suggest something different. It is off center and its because i have to guess as when not in combast i cant see it but when in combat i cant move it lol

I need to find out how i can do my own logs i think then i can practice solo at mo i rely on ones that go out from guild.

Btw is satyr better than mark of claw for neck?

13 hours ago, Tempest501 said:

I have been trying to stop looking at top left which is why ii got doom shards and i am using Nots weak auras, wouild you suggest something different. It is off center and its because i have to guess as when not in combast i cant see it but when in combat i cant move it lol

I need to find out how i can do my own logs i think then i can practice solo at mo i rely on ones that go out from guild.

Btw is satyr better than mark of claw for neck?

Hey Tempest,

Hah at your Doomshards issue! If you don't want it to show out of combat if you click on "Toggle Lock" at the top you should be able to move it and then relock it. 

Do you want it to show always? If so go to Interface>Addons>Display. At the bottom where it says "Visibility Conditionals" type in [show] (with the brackets).

I love Not's auras as a base. They pretty much have everything you need to play the spec. Getting a really good UI though is a personal thing and it should be a work in progress. I'd advise you to have an objective look at your UI and see what works for you and what doesn't. If you don't like something it can probably be changed. If you find yourself missing a certain cooldown then you can make it more obvious in multiple ways or perhaps move its position and so on. 

If like you said you are looking to the top left still why are you? For your HP/MPs or something else? A lot of people, myself use the ElvUI addon which moves both the character (though I have since moved this again and like I said just have little bars as they take up a lot less room) and target pane to near your action bars. 

From Not's guide " Neck: Enchant Neck - Mark of the Hidden Satyr or Enchant Neck - Mark of the Claw - it is advisable to use Mark of the Claw over Mark of the Hidden Satyr because as you add more targets to an encounter, Satyr drops off severely while Claw gains in value. " So Claw it is as it is only behind by a miniscule amount anyhow on ST.