FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
rackoon

Mantle of the Master Assassin And Sin.

After reading the changelog today I noticed that this legendary became very strong for outlaw, subtley and now sin. 

1- Will the opener change with subterfuge?

2- Is it really that good to compete with Zoldyck?

Thanks, sorry for my english.

It gives you guaranteed crit after every Vanish, which means you get it for 6s on a super-buffed Rupture and any Muts after it etc. It's very strong.

However, I'm not convinced of the usefulness of Subterfuge. Draught doesn't break stealth when you use it, so you can get your crit chance on it then buff Rupture at the same time. The extra 3s of stealth really only equates to 2 extra Muts, cause you'd be doing something like Garrote > Mut > Envenom > Mut before the buff runs out and you continue as normal. It doesn't make any sense to me

I have this legendary as well, and i believe my combination with subterfuge gives me some nice burst at the begining.

First of all, i believe that subterfuge with Mantle of the Master Assassin benefits first 18sec of the fight. (With my rotation i mean) So, this is like 6 more sec with subterfuge. You can try this rotation if you like,

Garrote(Gives 1 CP) -> Mutilate(Gives 4CP, because of crit)->Rupture(with 5CP)

Mutilate(Gives 4CP) -> Kingsbane(Gives 1 CP) -> Envenom(with 5CP). Now our envenoms are ready to launch. 

Vanish->Vendetta(our 2nd 9seconds start)->Mutilate(4CP) -> Garrote(1CP) -> Envenom,(with 5CP),  Mut->Env, Mut->Env....

Thats how is my opener. I do pretty much like it, you can try it if you want :)

I also have CoF trinket, so, like 2nd time Vendetta CD runs out, it mostly comes with Vanish. So i combine them again.

Thanks

On 22/2/2017 at 9:01 AM, duncjam said:

I have this legendary as well, and i believe my combination with subterfuge gives me some nice burst at the begining.

First of all, i believe that subterfuge with Mantle of the Master Assassin benefits first 18sec

I'm sorry to report that, the effect is not extended by subtergufe talent (MAX 6+6 sec )

Edited by Brokenknife

Got it last night in NH, definitely makes for a vicious opening burst but I'm not really sold on its usefulness beyond that (for sin anyway). Although I suppose you could pair it with Cinidaria for an absolutely disgusting opening 10% salvo.  That might be fun to try.

I've been opening like this: garrote, mut, envenom, kingsbane, vendetta, mut, vanish, rupture, mut, envenom.  I don't have 4p bonus so this could change to hold envenom until rupture is up for better results.

Edited by Ballie

So I've been pretty curious about this as well.

Currently, my opener consists of: Stealth => Garrote => Mut (5CPs at this point due to mantle buff) => Rupture => then Mut => Envenom w/ w/e remaining time on MoA I have.

After that, I've been trying to figure out when a good time to Vanish, refresh Rupture and launch my Vendetta/Kingsbane/Envenom tirade, as I find myself having to wait for Pandemic to kick in due to the original 5CP Rupture. I've tried experimenting with just a 1CP rupture to start, but that just results in not enough time to capitalize on the MoA buff and get everything else in as well. I feel like my opener above is the most consistent, but then I feel like I waste a lot of time NOT using my CDs, instead spamming Mut/Envenom and waiting for Pandemic to kick in... Any ideas/help? 

Edited by MrYeaBuddy

31 minutes ago, MrYeaBuddy said:

So I've been pretty curious about this as well.

Currently, my opener consists of: Stealth => Garrote => Mut (5CPs at this point due to mantle buff) => Rupture => then Mut => Envenom w/ w/e remaining time on MoA I have.

After that, I've been trying to figure out when a good time to Vanish, refresh Rupture and launch my Vendetta/Kingsbane/Envenom tirade, as I find myself having to wait for Pandemic to kick in due to the original 5CP Rupture. I've tried experimenting with just a 1CP rupture to start, but that just results in not enough time to capitalize on the MoA buff and get everything else in as well. I feel like my opener above is the most consistent, but then I feel like I waste a lot of time NOT using my CDs, instead spamming Mut/Envenom and waiting for Pandemic to kick in... Any ideas/help? 

I think it depends on how well your CDs line up.  Mine are all out of whack due to relics, so I tend to open full-force Garrote>Vendetta>Mut>Rupture>Kingsbane>Mut and stall until Vendetta is off CD again to pop vanish and repeat the process.  I'm sure that's not 'optimal' play on my part, but it has the best results for me on shorter (< 5 min) fights.

I have two Vendetta relics, leg boots and Convergence of Fate. My opener is as followed:

Garrote > Mut > Rupture > Mut > Envenom > Vendetta > Mut (6 sec over now) > Mut > Vanish > Rupture > Mut > Kingsbane > Envenom

After that I continue as usual. Vendetta and Kingsbane usually line up pretty well, I might even say that 2 Vendetta relics are just right with that gear and you should opt for Envenom or Rupture dmg as third relic.

With this sequence I'm usually somewhere in the top 3 together with our havocs. Guess it works quite well, even though a few CPs are wasted. It shouldn't matter that much though.

On 2/28/2017 at 4:50 PM, Infin1tum said:

I have two Vendetta relics, leg boots and Convergence of Fate. My opener is as followed:

Garrote > Mut > Rupture > Mut > Envenom > Vendetta > Mut (6 sec over now) > Mut > Vanish > Rupture > Mut > Kingsbane > Envenom

After that I continue as usual. Vendetta and Kingsbane usually line up pretty well, I might even say that 2 Vendetta relics are just right with that gear and you should opt for Envenom or Rupture dmg as third relic.

With this sequence I'm usually somewhere in the top 3 together with our havocs. Guess it works quite well, even though a few CPs are wasted. It shouldn't matter that much though.

Yea, I have the boots and 2 MA relics as well; just missing CoF, but otherwise things line up alright.

Ok, and once you start Vendetta, Rupture is usually in pandemic range? I guess I'm just so focused on trying to "maximize DPS buffs" and such with my CDs that I forget to be more fluid. I'll try that, thanks!

On 4.3.2017 at 9:32 PM, MrYeaBuddy said:

Yea, I have the boots and 2 MA relics as well; just missing CoF, but otherwise things line up alright.

Ok, and once you start Vendetta, Rupture is usually in pandemic range? I guess I'm just so focused on trying to "maximize DPS buffs" and such with my CDs that I forget to be more fluid. I'll try that, thanks!

It's a 5 cp Rupture over a 5 cp Rupture, so I'm actually wasting time by clipping to be precise. But it really doesn't matter since it's the first and coming out of vanish. By the time Vanish comes up again I usually try to make sure to be as close to the pandemic time as possible.