FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
WrynnJr

Can i get some pointers?

I've been having trouble increasing my DPS. I feel like i have hit a wall, my item level is higher but I have been doing the same DPS for several weeks. In comparison to our top DPS hunter our rotations have been similar but my numbers have been stuck. 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azuremyst/Wrennjr/simple

any help would be appreciated, all constructive criticism is welcome.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nHkFhq4NmbLXpVr8#fight=31&type=damage-done

thanks for your time

Your gear still needs a lot of improvement: SV legendary; a very very poor trinket, twisting winds was nerfed months ago; low mastery; no tier pieces. Biggest thing that pops up straight away is you need to really improve on your gear. I can't look at logs at the moment due to being on my phone but will have a more in depth look in the morning. 

In the logs you linked, you're speced Explosive Shot and Volley, where you should be Patient Sniper and Crows for Krosus. On top of that, your Survival legendary is definitely going to slow you down a little. Gems are not slotted at all (At least gem that nice Convergence of yours), one really bad trinket, no tier set. Your neck enchant also could use some work lol. 75 mastery isn't going to do very much. 

So yeah a few problems but they can be fixed with a little good luck and some new enchants/gems. Hope I helped out!

Since Uggasmesh already talked about your gear and talents, I don't have much to add.  

Other than I don't have much of an issue about putting a lower (re: cheaper) gem in a piece that's 20 ilvls below your average.  It seemed like every time I put the best gem in a low piece, the game gave me a replacement.  Yeah, so spending 4-5k every other week for gems was getting old.  Same for enchant.  I have only had 2 neck enchants.  Hidden Satyr for a titanforged socketed 870 Cursed Beartooth Neckpiece and Mark of the Trained Soldier on my 890 Chain of the Underking.  I think I paid a guildie 12k for HS (which was running 15-16k in the AH), and got MotTS for 8k off the AH.  I'd be inclined to put a WoD enchant on that neck if gold is a concern, at least until you get a BiS piece or something close to your iLvl so you won't be expecting to enchant again unless the RNG rolls titanforged in your favor.

I checked  http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/nHkFhq4NmbLXpVr8/147427890/31?tab=casts to see what it spotted.  

You have like 59% uptime on vulnerable, only 1 Windburst cast, and several other places where you are  missing shots.  Your opener included a multi-shot which doesn't make much sense for Krosus.    Think you need to also work on your opener and practice your rotation.

HTH

Edited by Eyeroll
s/trinket/neck/

If anyone wants to help me out as well, would appreciate it, feel like with my gear I should be doing more damage. Here's Elisandra's kill logs and my gear:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Thordplay/advanced

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7V9gh41yLZTqvDPc#fight=1&view=analytical&type=damage-done&source=7

The three legendaries I have are Prydaz, Roots of Shaladrassil and call of the wild. I feel like I should be using Call of the wild and Roots, but askmrrobot seems to evaluate them wrong.

Edited by Thorplay

2 hours ago, Thorplay said:

If anyone wants to help me out as well, would appreciate it, feel like with my gear I should be doing more damage. Here's Elisandra's kill logs and my gear:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Thordplay/advanced

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7V9gh41yLZTqvDPc#fight=1&view=analytical&type=damage-done&source=7

The three legendaries I have are Prydaz, Roots of Shaladrassil and call of the wild. I feel like I should be using Call of the wild and Roots, but askmrrobot seems to evaluate them wrong.

Why do you think you should use Roots over Prydaz?   Mastery is BM primary stat.

Roots is 2-1 haste over mastery, and can't be gemmed or enchanted.  The healing is nice, as I get like 11-12M on a 5 minute fight.

Prydaz is more balanced in it's stats and can be gemmed and enchanted.   AMR usually pulls gear for me that's lower in Ilvl (5-10) for me, that has more mastery compared to a higher ilvl piece with less mastery or other less predominant stats.  

Armory has your wrists as 910.  I just got it Tuesday as 940, it shows as 940 in AMR, but Armory shows it as 910.  I'll assume that it's 940.

For Elisande, you've got some time that you're focus capped, though the movement required on that fight means you might try to blow all your focus before having to move for Arcanetic Ring.  If Bestial Wrath is up, try to alternate Cobra Shot and Kill Command, as you're wasting focus on consecutive Cobra Shots, whereas the big dps is in the KC.  Especially with the combo of BW/AotW up, since you can basically spam CS/KC , with Dire Beast when up, for 13 seconds against a single target.  Checkyourwow says you got 81/141 Kill Commands, so there's some DPS you left on the floor, that you should be able to get back, and that's probably the same for the Killer Cobra effectiveness.  Several times you have 0, 1 or 2 CS/KC combinations while BW was up.  You fix that, the KC usage will go up.

Also, I'd hold AMoC and Titan's Thunder for the adds.  Because using it on the boss only gives you 1 shot at AMoC every minute, while multiple lesser health adds means more casts of AMoC (assuming they go down before it expires).  Getting the adds down faster allows the group to recenter on the slow and fast domes, and may allow for the reset of  the AMoC cooldown.  Same for Titan's Thunder.  Saving it for the adds, you might be able to get both adds and the boss with proper timing.  

AMoC counts for 16M and TT counts for 10M. Your Cobra Shots are 35M.  Your Pets did 181M.   KC did 41M from 81 casts.  Assuming you could get to 120 casts for the same fight, you might expect to see 60M damage, which is pretty significant.

Edited by Eyeroll
Fix places where I used K instead of M
  • Like 1