FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kazistrasz

5.4 Specs?

Do we have an indication of which spec is actually going to be the top in 5.4?

I know SimCraft is still on 5.3 instead of the ever-changing 5.4 build, but has anyone actually played all three enough to notice a clear order?

I'm assuming everyone's default will be to leave destro behind and say either aff or demo, but I'm just curious if we have anything solid on the matter.

Pure DPS it will be fight by fight mostly, but personally I'm planning on aff/demo. Reason for me taking destro was mostly for AoE mass cheesing and that's kind of in the hole with the new mannoroths.

Demo4life

Hard to tell from my experience with the ilvl adjusting for ptr but demo still seems very strong to me. Affliction still felt behind but I did see some locks getting solid dps from it. No experience with destro though. :(

Every tier has a fight where Destro shines.  Being able to use Shadowburn and Chaos Bolt more often will make the spec very attractive on fights with lots of adds like Primordius and Horridon this tier.  Other than Destruction being a novelty spec, I'm on board with the Demo/Affliction build where you prioritize Haste to a breakpoint (13737 I believe) and then dump into Mastery.  This should excel on all fights.

• Like 1