FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MrEdren

Sim skepticism

https://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/lothar/Edren

so I'm questioning some of these sim results - it's showing almost a 60k increase if I replace an 865 mastery trinket (not eye but same thing) with the 885 arcano digit I got last night. I could see it being marginal either way, but I'm not seeing how that proc and passive agi could be such a huge increase while losing 1k mastery.  It previously said an 875 betrayal was better than an 860 Eye of command, which is laughably wrong, so now I'm curious what you all think. 

37 minutes ago, MrEdren said:

https://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/lothar/Edren

so I'm questioning some of these sim results - it's showing almost a 60k increase if I replace an 865 mastery trinket (not eye but same thing) with the 885 arcano digit I got last night. I could see it being marginal either way, but I'm not seeing how that proc and passive agi could be such a huge increase while losing 1k mastery.  It previously said an 875 betrayal was better than an 860 Eye of command, which is laughably wrong, so now I'm curious what you all think. 

Arcanogolem proc is someplace between 2 and 3% of my damage on my Monk for Single Target, so it's really not bad. The NH trinkets were buffed a while ago, and in any situation where there is more than just 1 target it's the most valuable trinket I can get on that toon

It's similar for Rogue; stat values are very close between the 2 classes, so while I haven't done any Sims with it for my own Rogue (cause I don't have one), I see no reason to doubt that Arcanogolem is a good one to have. It's even more powerful in M+, which is some of the most difficult content for Sin Rogues

1 hour ago, Carrn said:

Arcanogolem proc is someplace between 2 and 3% of my damage on my Monk for Single Target, so it's really not bad. The NH trinkets were buffed a while ago, and in any situation where there is more than just 1 target it's the most valuable trinket I can get on that toon

It's similar for Rogue; stat values are very close between the 2 classes, so while I haven't done any Sims with it for my own Rogue (cause I don't have one), I see no reason to doubt that Arcanogolem is a good one to have. It's even more powerful in M+, which is some of the most difficult content for Sin Rogues

Makes sense - thanks for that angle.  Seems like the 'best' way to do things now is just to have different gearswaps saved for various encounters.

3 hours ago, MrEdren said:

Makes sense - thanks for that angle.  Seems like the 'best' way to do things now is just to have different gearswaps saved for various encounters.

Generally, yeah. Legendaries especially