FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

How do you like the new Murky?

Mrglglglglgl!

Have you played Murky since his overhaul in Lúcio's patch? What do you think about the changes? He's much more viable now and his lane pressure is insane...

Murlocs Uprising of 2017 has begun! Murky's OP, first ban, first pick :D He is harder to counter now because of bigger health pool. Unfortunately not all who play him understand what to do with such an unusual hero, how much pressure they can generate or how useful he can be in teamfights. And it goes without saying that he is still pretty bad on many maps. 

On 18. 2. 2017 at 0:26 PM, AntonWhite said:

Murlocs Uprising of 2017 has begun! Murky's OP, first ban, first pick :D He is harder to counter now because of bigger health pool. Unfortunately not all who play him understand what to do with such an unusual hero, how much pressure they can generate or how useful he can be in teamfights. And it goes without saying that he is still pretty bad on many maps. 

He will get nerfed in a future balance update.

I'm ready for the nerf.  There's so many issues I'm discovering with him.

You have to dedicate a strong solo laner to stay on lane with him at all times.  If Murky pushes out too far, he dies, and he's back in 8 seconds.  But if you counterpush too far, you get ganked and you lose 30-60 seconds of Murky pushing back against you.

Additionally, he has no mana pool.  He can just spam his abilities off of cooldown.  Unless you're a very strong autoattack hero, you're having to spam abilities as well just to depush.  Eventually you run out of mana and he just keeps going.  You lose time again when you have to hearth and then come back to lane.

Since you're basically trapped into keeping someone opposite him, you're always behind.  He can stack up his bribes, then intentionally push forward to get himself killed, and after he respawns he's grabbing camps before you realize he's moved off the lane.  And even if you realize he's off the lane, you can't afford to leave the lane in case he comes back to it, but you lose time if he rotates.

It's also bothersome that there are players who get mad when you're appropriately responding to the situation.  Say you're playing a hero like Valla (well, until level 16), who has a good match-up against Murky, you probably should just stick to locking him down.  But many other players will get mad that you're not involved in the teamfight because you're trying to stop murky from pushing.

I don't think Blizzard will nerf him so soon. He is now a deadly glass cannon; before that he was just... Glass. A simple nuisance. But now... They tuned everything right on him. I don't even play Murky, but the changes were so good I'm willing to give him a chance.

Let us now hope they will do the same to Heroes that need tweakings/reworks. 

On 2/25/2017 at 9:45 PM, FirstBlood said:

I'm ready for the nerf.  There's so many issues I'm discovering with him.

You have to dedicate a strong solo laner to stay on lane with him at all times.  If Murky pushes out too far, he dies, and he's back in 8 seconds.  But if you counterpush too far, you get ganked and you lose 30-60 seconds of Murky pushing back against you.

Additionally, he has no mana pool.  He can just spam his abilities off of cooldown.  Unless you're a very strong autoattack hero, you're having to spam abilities as well just to depush.  Eventually you run out of mana and he just keeps going.  You lose time again when you have to hearth and then come back to lane.

Since you're basically trapped into keeping someone opposite him, you're always behind.  He can stack up his bribes, then intentionally push forward to get himself killed, and after he respawns he's grabbing camps before you realize he's moved off the lane.  And even if you realize he's off the lane, you can't afford to leave the lane in case he comes back to it, but you lose time if he rotates.

It's also bothersome that there are players who get mad when you're appropriately responding to the situation.  Say you're playing a hero like Valla (well, until level 16), who has a good match-up against Murky, you probably should just stick to locking him down.  But many other players will get mad that you're not involved in the teamfight because you're trying to stop murky from pushing.

I dont think he needs a nerf if one hero is pushing one lane its pretty obvious to have 1 hero from your team to counter him. 
If Dehaka is pushing one lane youll do the same.
Just because hes Murky, do you want him to be useless or what? lol

I dont understand people like that either. You have no dmg Genji.. Noob Genji. Well sorry i had to keep this Murky at bay or our lane would be completly clear since everyone else was ignoring him.

If you want a Murky counter go play Chromie. Her lvl 1 talent can reveal an area and all enemies with it. 
Its very easy to find Murkys egg and destroy it with her. After that all your team has to do is have Murky hunt for 15 seconds and hes gone for a full death counter. lol

On 18/11/2017 at 1:13 AM, xevex said:

If you want a Murky counter go play Chromie. Her lvl 1 talent can reveal an area and all enemies with it. 
Its very easy to find Murkys egg and destroy it with her. After that all your team has to do is have Murky hunt for 15 seconds and hes gone for a full death counter. lol

The Butcher is also a nasty Murky counter. You can farm him for Fresh MeatFresh Meat pretty easily.

6 hours ago, Valhalen said:

The Butcher is also a nasty Murky counter. You can farm him for Fresh MeatFresh Meat pretty easily.

Killing Murky over and over is not as satisfying as ignoring his egg for half a match and then blowing it up. lol
But yeah Murky is a Butcher farm.

On 11/21/2017 at 4:13 PM, Valhalen said:

Butcher vs. Murky is like Kel'T vs. Samuro. As soon as you load in, your quest auto-completes and the enemy team opens their towers for you to walk through and win the game. It's great :p

• Like 2

On 11/21/2017 at 5:24 PM, xevex said:

Killing Murky over and over is not as satisfying as ignoring his egg for half a match and then blowing it up. lol
But yeah Murky is a Butcher farm.

Murky is farm to any quest that involves hitting heroes.

From past experience, Murky does a ton of damage in close quarters, so in teamfights I basically kamikaze with him.  Funny thing is, people tend to ignore him in fights for other targets :p

But yeah, the problem with him is that you need a good AA hero in lane to deal with the pufferfish, which usually kills during OBJ fights.  That being said, the same is true with other heroes like Azmodan.  At least in Gold Hero League, teams do a REALLY poor job of dealing with push heavy heroes during OBJ fights.

I like him. I dislike spawn time so that alone is worth it. The late game turns him into a killing machine for me in Quick Match at little risk to myself. I can chose to grab camp after camp and attack minions whole game and have a huge siege impact, or start hunting other players to let my team finish the core themselves.

Been playing for a little over a month. Murky is by far the easiest character yet (still need 5), and like Abathur lets me fight with very little downtime.

I use the fake eggs, the basic attack buffs to survive slimimg and slow runners, Murky march to shake up groups and deal extra siege damage, and... ya thats it. I have yet to reach lvl 20. Something I just realized when reafing guide. Murky games win quick even in pvp it seems.

Anyways, I'm usually 50/50 with most characters but Gall, Abathur and Artanis so far, so a 5:1 ratio with Murky is pretty good I think. So if a new guy like me can win repeatedly with him, then he's up there.

It just requires an early game stall and quick xp to get to that late stage. If you opponent can deny that and rush early, or Medivh goes around spotting your egg, maybe not? I've had my egg popped before but it never really had an impact. I think they need to deadicate to hunting it for that to do something long term.

Oh and don't forget to put your space marine armour on for extra resilience!