FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sidis

[Ret] Low DPS, Why?

Hi guys,

so I started playing WoW with Legion again (6 weeks ago) and am still not up to speed. I last played in Cata as a DK. In Legion I started playing the Ret-pala because it looked like fun with high damage. But there is the problem for me because I think I don't do high enough damage for my decent equipment. I think the problem is that I have way to much mastery. But the loot-gods weren't that fortunate to give me the loot I want :)

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eredar/Sidis/advanced

Artifact Rank 42 and using Cleansing Isotope (Mythic 10 Titanforged), Unkindled Ember (Heroric), Archaic Nathrezim Keepsake (Titanforged)

I read a couple of guide, especially the Icy Veins one. I try to hit the recommended rotation on key, but I notice that I stumble und mess it up a couple of times. I tried the addon hekill, so I keep the rotation right but the recommandations from the addon doesn't seem right. Because it recommendes with two targets to use Devine Storm. But it should only be used with three targets right?

Yesterday my guild and I went to Nighthold and killed all boses. But I thought the whole time the boosted me more then I helped them. Here are the logs(https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jkr6CQfHNmyL93gt/#type=damage-done&boss=-3&difficulty=0) from yesterdays raid. During Spellblade I had a disc, so that fight isn't probably that meaningful. My character is Sidis. BTW according to simc I should have 500k Dps which I'm not fairly close to.

What am I doing wrong? What can I tweak to become a better player?

If you need anything else please ask :)

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Edited by Sidis

Chances are, you may just be behind on Legendary items. I feel like top end Paladin damage is very dependent on having any 2 of these: Whisper of the Nathrezim, Liadrin's Fury Unleashed, Ashes to Dust, and Chain of Thrayn. I didn't read your entire post, but I did look at your logs and your gear/stats.

Since you have Convergence of Fates and the Legendary Ring, I would recommend getting the +2.5 seconds to Avenging Wrath Relics, like literally all of them (2 Holy and 1 Fire). You want to be in wings as much as possible and you have 2 of the 3 best items for Wing optimization. If you could luckily get your hands on the Legendary belt you would be golden on Wing uptime. 

From the looks of it, you look to be using Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm correctly.

This is my logs from the most recent Nighthold I could find on the calendar, sometimes I run with different loggers, but this was with the guild that I'm in (I'm Jamessualty in game): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7R1rKxVygNHFwGhd#fight=4 I'm not posting to brag obviously, just to try and help shed light on the fights and to optimize your damage the best I can recommend without straight up watching you play and shoulder coaching lol.

You seem to be losing a few stats to Avoidance and Mastery that could be Crit/Versatility (your Haste seems good) and your belt needs a socket. Last but not least, make sure you are pre-potting before the pull and then potting again for Hero or your next Wings. I actually pre-pot with Potion's of Prolonged Power and then I use Potion's of the Old War with Heroism (whether Wings are up or not). If it is a fight with Hero at the beginning I'll pre-Pot Old War.

One last thing that I started doing directly after the log I sent you was bringing the Tranquil Mind tomes with me. Because for Bosses like Krosus and Trilliax you need mad single target dps (switching out Zeal for The Fires of Justice, etc).

Hope this helps, ask me if you have any specific questions.

A lot of bosses in Night hold are AoE fights your running the single target build which is fine for trillax and krosus but you may want to try the fires of justice and divine hammers build for more dps even single target its not to much of a loss

Your trinkets are fairly poor. an 870 convergence of fates is bad. The trinket only shines when a boss fight lasts longer than 5:30 minutes. Also I would heavily suggest simming with scaling enabled for stat weights. For me Versatility (10% + )  and Crit (25-31%) are pulling ahead of Haste. Some soft Haste breakpoints I found were 21% 27% and 31% if you are at a breakpoint and have no chance of hitting the next one I suggest going for crit/vers. But really, sim it.

Your trinkets outplay eachother! The Faulty Countermeausure is generally strong valued because it lines up perfectly with Crusade. But with the Convergence of Fate, your CD of Crusade is lowered so u cant line it up with the Countermeasure.

Maybe you have another good trinket to replace the CoF :) if not, its not THAT big of a problem, just a little sidenote ;)