Keszey

Could someone take a look at my armory and tell me if my mastery is too low?

Sign in to follow this  

10 posts in this topic

I have the shoulders so ofc I've been stacking crit. I just swapped another piece and my mastery is so low but I sim so much higher. Thanks!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Keszey/advanced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mastery scales higher on AoE since you don't run One With The Pack, so unless you're only in for Krosus, Trilliax and Chronomatic Anomaly you might want to get a bit more mastery. Sims are for single target, but if you lose too much mastery you still lose a lot of AoE dps. Try and go for as many crit / mastery items as possible, but I think you'd benefit more in NH with a little more mastery.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Luthixx said:

Mastery scales higher on AoE since you don't run One With The Pack, so unless you're only in for Krosus, Trilliax and Chronomatic Anomaly you might want to get a bit more mastery. Sims are for single target, but if you lose too much mastery you still lose a lot of AoE dps. Try and go for as many crit / mastery items as possible, but I think you'd benefit more in NH with a little more mastery.

for ST fights like Krosus/Trill/Chrono, is there any benefit to swapping out gear for BM to improve ST damage and not worry about AOE?  And what would that look like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eyeroll said:

for ST fights like Krosus/Trill/Chrono, is there any benefit to swapping out gear for BM to improve ST damage and not worry about AOE?  And what would that look like?

 

No, stop trying to over-complicate BM.  Use cookie cutter build and just pew pew. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Banard said:

 

No, stop trying to over-complicate BM.  Use cookie cutter build and just pew pew. 

Why is it wrong to wonder about theory crafting?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Eyeroll said:

Why is it wrong to wonder about theory crafting?  

nothing...but it depends on where you are standing. If your parsing high and want to push higher sure....if your low and trying your best to get blue parses...then sit back, simplify things and work on the basic. As per the other forum, you need to simplify your wow life more, less addon noise...less switching talents, less changing gear. 

Also, its BM, with 0 stat breakpoints, 0 challenge, its why i love it. I can pew pew with out thinking. Shit, for the last 30 min-1hour of the raid i am 3/4 asleep and still put up good numbers....just i...kind of stand in fire more bwahahhahahahaha. 

I said it before and i'll repeat it, there is nothing complicated or hard about BM, use cookie cutter and pew pew.  The only challenge about the spec is pet movement and positioning ....and getting hati to move...love having 2 pets but why does Hati have to be a potato. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2017 at 8:18 PM, Keszey said:

I have the shoulders so ofc I've been stacking crit. I just swapped another piece and my mastery is so low but I sim so much higher. Thanks!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Keszey/advanced

dude....i looked you up mate...your are at the same gear level as me (you might be even better)...even the same legionaries..and your logs...are horrible. Ain't going to candy coat that.

So this got me attention....so i took the time to look at your logs and compared it to mine and started to look for difference, doing this to help myself improve...what am I doing different then you...find that and do more of it! bwahahahhahahaha. 

(1) step 1 look at the simplest fight in NH to compare....Krosus the "patchwork" style fight. 

(2) step 2...look at log length ... my raid is 3 min...your raid is 5 mins...your raid sucks and longer the fight less weight on your initial burst on your DPS average. 

(3) step 3...look at burst...you peaked at 1.5 mil I peaked at 1.8 mil..why? ....deadly grace pot? GTFO...use prolong potions. 

(4) step 4 count the cobra shots....i feel i been slacking and casting way to many cobra shots....this is my weak spot as a 10+ year hunter I still have trouble not using a GCD.....but we appear to have the same amount of CS....so guess you have the same issue! :P

(5) Step 5 count the KC...holy shit look at mine compared to yours....i had 50 HC in 3:37 ...you had 47 in 5:02 sec....<------found the problem. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Banard is correct, your logs are really bad for your gear. I do significantly more dps than you with lower item level, worse legendaries and without the 4-piece tier set.

My impression is that "stacking crit because Mantle of Command" is just complete bullshit. Haste outperforms Critical Strike by a very large margin. Especially when using Killer Cobras, since more focus regen lets you cast more Kill Commands during Bestial Wrath.

It's also worth noticing that Nighthold has a lot of bosses with cleaving adds. Blink Strikes outperforms One with the Pack by a large margin in any of these situations, because 100% auto attack damage on your pet means 100% more Beast Cleave damage. Note that bonus also applies to your pet's Bite.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Banard said:

dude....i looked you up mate...your are at the same gear level as me (you might be even better)...even the same legionaries..and your logs...are horrible. Ain't going to candy coat that.

So this got me attention....so i took the time to look at your logs and compared it to mine and started to look for difference, doing this to help myself improve...what am I doing different then you...find that and do more of it! bwahahahhahahaha. 

(1) step 1 look at the simplest fight in NH to compare....Krosus the "patchwork" style fight. 

(2) step 2...look at log length ... my raid is 3 min...your raid is 5 mins...your raid sucks and longer the fight less weight on your initial burst on your DPS average. 

(3) step 3...look at burst...you peaked at 1.5 mil I peaked at 1.8 mil..why? ....deadly grace pot? GTFO...use prolong potions. 

(4) step 4 count the cobra shots....i feel i been slacking and casting way to many cobra shots....this is my weak spot as a 10+ year hunter I still have trouble not using a GCD.....but we appear to have the same amount of CS....so guess you have the same issue! :P

(5) Step 5 count the KC...holy shit look at mine compared to yours....i had 50 HC in 3:37 ...you had 47 in 5:02 sec....<------found the problem. 

Thank you. I know i'm a bad player. I appreciate the help and the time you took. Thank you! I would appreciate like any help you could give me, maybe macros or keybinds. I just. I don't know what my stat weights should be anymore and I don't know how to set my bars up to optimize it. I know I'm asking a lot. I feel like it was a lot simpler before I got the shoulders. I started getting into simcrafting, but now my stat weights are all messed up, i'm not sure what are upgrades, etc.. Idk just venting I guess. Thank you none the less. I've updated my armory and brought my mastery back up to 80 percent as well.

Edited by Keszey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mastery is fine but your haste is chockingly low even with shoulders i'd say never ever be under 15% haste 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.