FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hansazul

Looking for help with Fury DPS.

Evening all. 

I main prot and I'm quite comfortable with that, but my DPS is embarrassingly lacking. 

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Hansazul/simple

Latest Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YJMvpCFAW4hwZKmD#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=13

I have no idea how to effectively interpret the necessary information and have looked at guides and read about the theory, but there is something that I'm clearly missing. It feels like I hit harder as prot than I do as fury. I feel like I've hit a wall with my capability as a DPS warrior and it's frustrating to perform so poorly when I feel that I'm capable of much better play. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Couple things:

1st, I would recommend taking Avatar over Wrecking Ball for anomaly, since Wrecking Ball is generally better for sustained AoE like Botanist rather than burst AoE.

2nd, your enrage uptime is a little low.  It's around 40, and could probably easily get another 10% or so enrage uptime.

3rd.  Your battlecry rotation seems a little...off.  It looks like you are casting battlecry and then rampage, which is right, but then you cast Odyn's Fury.  This is generally incorrect- with the increased battlecry window, you want to cast battlecry, then rampage to dump rage, and then raging blow and then odyn's fury and bloodthirst and then another raging blow.  This allows 2 raging blow casts during the battlecry window which is super important, it's a ton of damage.

4th, your whirlwind casts are through the roof.  Even when you're cleaving down the 4 ads, you need to weave in bloodthirsts to help generate rage (not to mention that with Meat Cleaver you also hit the other ads with bloodthirst anyway).  And on just the boss it's better to use Furious Slash than whirlwind.  Even though the damage is similar, it will help you enrage more, which will help your dps a lot.

• Like 1