FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shyatic

Haven't played in 5+ years... so be gentle. Spec Qs!

Hi all,

I found this site by accident; years ago I guess it was Wowhead or wowace or something but from the Googling it seems like the build guides here are the most detailed that I've been able to find. How accurate they are of course, is a different story :)

That said first and foremost; are the talent builds on the guides still accurate?

Secondly, which spec should I take when raiding, and which spec should I take when PvPing? Can I use one for both? When I played years ago (when max level was 80 as my char is now) there were benefits to switching between builds for different situations. Additionally there was a 'stunlock' you could do though heck if I remember how do to it, for PvP purposes.

Lastly, at level 80... any suggestions on where to start? I don't know what quests to take, or what part of the map I should be in to do that (progressive quests as it were). Appreciate any help here folks!

9 hours ago, Shyatic said:

Hi all,

I found this site by accident; years ago I guess it was Wowhead or wowace or something but from the Googling it seems like the build guides here are the most detailed that I've been able to find. How accurate they are of course, is a different story :)

That said first and foremost; are the talent builds on the guides still accurate?

Secondly, which spec should I take when raiding, and which spec should I take when PvPing? Can I use one for both? When I played years ago (when max level was 80 as my char is now) there were benefits to switching between builds for different situations. Additionally there was a 'stunlock' you could do though heck if I remember how do to it, for PvP purposes.

Lastly, at level 80... any suggestions on where to start? I don't know what quests to take, or what part of the map I should be in to do that (progressive quests as it were). Appreciate any help here folks!

Welcome back!

Lots has changed but the game is still generally the same. From a levelling up perspective, Blizz has done a fantastic job of providing something called the Adventure Guide (at least I think that's what it's called). Basically what that is, is a new menu that suggests content for you to play - it will start quests for you which will send you on to the next zone, give you ideas as to which dungeon to queue for if you'd like to do that, etc.

If you haven't played in that long, you might be a little short on gold, but there are Heirlooms available for purchase which you can upgrade to be usable until 100. They level up with you, and provide a bonus to experience as well as strong stats. You can head to Undercity and pick these up if you like, but I would really recommend playing through the game without them and seeing as many of the zones as you can. Don't rush to 110, each expansion is absolutely worth seeing.

As for Talents... Well the good news is that for levelling basically everything is viable, as is every spec (assuming you have weapons - don't play Outlaw with daggers lol). Personally I'd play Sub the whole way, but I'm a fanboy and you're welcome to play whatever you like. I think that Sub has high enough burst damage to make quick work of mobs out in the world, it has great CC for packs of enemies you don't think you can kill, and has good multi-target DPS for when you want to group things and murder them all. It also has the Soothing Darkness talent, which is a fantastic self heal which pretty much guarantees you'll live through anything along with Crimson Vial, Evasion, and Vanish.

Once you get to 100 and are looking at which Artifact Weapon to take, then you can look more seriously at which specs are really "better" at what parts of the game. For now though, just enjoy the game and have fun with it. It's worth it :D