Stan

Patch 7.2: Will Relinquished Items Fix Legendaries?

Sign in to follow this  

13 posts in this topic

56vUjn3.jpg

Further fixes for Legendary items underway. Relinquished items were introduced in the latest build of 7.2 (#23623). The items are unique per slot and have a chance to contain Legendary items.

Relinquished Items

The persisting problem with Legendaries is that you don't get the one you want or need. Not anymore though. Relinquished items discover an item appropriate for your loot specialization and not only that, they have a chance to contain a Legendary item, most likely on a slot-per-slot basis.

Example: Relinquished HoodRelinquished Hood may contain only Head slot Legendary items, such as Darckli's Dragonfire DiademDarckli's Dragonfire Diadem or Uncertain ReminderUncertain Reminder. Such slot restrictions increase the chances of getting the Legendary item you want. The question is what's the probability of getting a Legendary item?

Unidentified Legendary Items

Update: Unidentified Legendary items were considered, but they won't go live as bad luck protection for individual specializations will be implemented.

The previous build (#23578) added items that create Legendaries based on your set loot spec. This may represent an overall fix for loot spec problems. I think unidentified Legendaries will drop by default and we won't need to worry about loot spec.

Taken from here.

What do you think about the latest changes?

That may help a little bit I guess... except once you get an unidentified legendary token, even if you don't open it, I can guarantee it'll still use up your bad-luck protection and make your second (then third) legendary that much harder to obtain.

Sure you might technically be able to target specific legendaries a bit easier with those relinquished tokens... I doubt that was meant to remedy to the whole legendary rng problem though. You can try and only open tokens for the gear slot you want, but there is no way to avoid being randomly awarded an actual legendary token from doing... basically anything, and at that point you might as well just receive a random legendary directly.

Also it doesn't really help when your BiS legendary is a ring, and Brewmaster monks weep because they are literally eligible for two different belts.

• Like 1

Hopefully they ditch legendaries in the next xpac and just go back to having a legendary item quest chain. Super low chance of dropping items that are integral to maximizing your rotation was a stupid idea.

• Like 1

there's something I don't understand: 

As a BM hunter, I will focus on getting The Mantle of Command as example. As long as I don't get the Relinquished Spaulders item, I won't open any "relinquished box". Right?

What is the drop rate of these boxes?  What are the chances to get a Leg item in it? 

I really don't understand how introducing a new rng  system  for legendaries will fix the legendary rng issue... Am I missing something?

Edited by Boogyness

I like that we are able to aim now, this will make fishing for off spec legendaries better. There are many classes where I haven't bothered to fish simply because there are only 1-2 legendaries i want and I don't trust RNGesus, I've gotten Kiljaedens burning wish 3 times (on different toons mind you). So the new changes are a nice addition to the system.

My only wish is that legendaries were character/class bound and not spec. What I mean is that your helm would do one thing as frost but when you switch to unholy or blood it would do something else. I don't mind fishing for a couple legendaries, honestly getting mine has been really fun, however, its a pain needing effectively 6 legendaries (assuming 3 spec class) for one character. I wish the legendaries would be altered like WoD gear was where you can reuse same gear for different specs. (wait did i actually mention something in wod was good, ITS THE END OF TIMES)

*note I am aware you can still equip a offspec legendary to use as a stat stick, i'm referring to abilities being transferred, kinda like how tier set works, you have your bonuses but when you switch spec you have your other bonuses*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, demonardvark said:

My only wish is that legendaries were character/class bound and not spec. What I mean is that your helm would do one thing as frost but when you switch to unholy or blood it would do something else. I don't mind fishing for a couple legendaries, honestly getting mine has been really fun, however, its a pain needing effectively 6 legendaries (assuming 3 spec class) for one character. I wish the legendaries would be altered like WoD gear was where you can reuse same gear for different specs. (wait did i actually mention something in wod was good, ITS THE END OF TIMES)

Nah that would be way too logical and we can't have that! D:

1 minute ago, Ammako said:

Nah that would be way too logical and we can't have that! D:

well heck using diablo as reference with the glorious cube there is a way to turn gear into other gear, so maybe even a simple re-roll system would be fine. Like the touched by a titan quest, get 50-100 essences of change or some junk to be able to re roll a legendary. Lots of easy ways to fix the system. 

That would be amazing; the quest is still there and you can still do it even when you don't have any 910 legendaries anymore, might as well make it useful.

It would be better if you could just aim for a specific legendary from the start without having to risk getting a different one, but being able to reliably correct bad rng within a week or two (or three) would be better than nothing.

3 hours ago, demonardvark said:

My only wish is that legendaries were character/class bound and not spec. What I mean is that your helm would do one thing as frost but when you switch to unholy or blood it would do something else.

IMO this would fix about 2/3 the problem with the current legendary system. 

21 minutes ago, PatrickHenry said:

IMO this would fix about 2/3 the problem with the current legendary system. 

and we see it already implemented in tier gear so it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do. now people might whine that oh the pants are better for outlaw rogues then the other two specs but the fireback would be, at least you have a functional legendary that is a dps increase, it may benefit one spec more than the others but at least its usable. 

even then to some degree we have cross spec usable ones already, kiljaedens burning meatball for instance

I tweeted the idea to the warcraft devs just now, i'm sure they will ignore it like my petition to get tauren antlers, but at least i tried XD

• Like 1

12 hours ago, demonardvark said:

and we see it already implemented in tier gear so it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do. now people might whine that oh the pants are better for outlaw rogues then the other two specs but the fireback would be, at least you have a functional legendary that is a dps increase, it may benefit one spec more than the others but at least its usable. 

even then to some degree we have cross spec usable ones already, kiljaedens burning meatball for instance

I tweeted the idea to the warcraft devs just now, i'm sure they will ignore it like my petition to get tauren antlers, but at least i tried XD

ha sure enough they answered, granted a different person allegedly asked but whatever great minds think alike. they said that system doesn't make sense because the legendaries have lore/fantasy behind them........ i call bs. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

Patch 7.3 adds entirely new crafted items for professions and a new obliterum to increase their item level up to a max of 935. We datamined all new recipes that were added in Build 24473. Most of them are tied to new Profession quests.
      Instead of bumping crafted items that existed since Legion launch, Blizzard decided to add an entirely new tier of items, available on Argus (no-fly zone).
      Professions
      Crafed gear can be upgraded through Primal Obliterum by +5 ilvls (up to a maximum level of 935). Requires 1 Primal Sargerite and the target item must be soulbound New Items
      Astral Glory - new Argus herb Empyrium - new Argus ore Fiendish Leather - new Argus leather Lightweave Cloth - new Argus cloth Primal Sargerite - new reagent from Transmuting (requires 25 Bloods of Sargeras) New Gems Argulite Chemirine Labradorite Lightsphene Alchemy
      Lightblood Elixir - Use: Increases damage by 100,000 against demons. Only usable outdoors on Argus and the Broken Isles. Lasts 30 min.
      Lightblood Elixir (Rank 1) Lightblood Elixir (Rank 2) - more efficient craft Lightblood Elixir (Rank 3) - chance to create multiple elixirs Astral Alchemist Stone - new ilvl 885 trinket
      Astral Alchemist Stone (Rank 1) Astral Alchemist Stone (Rank 2) - more efficient craft Astral Alchemist Stone (Rank 3) - chance to create multiple stones Tears of the Naaru - Use: Shows the location of all nearby demons on the minimap for 30 min.
      Tears of the Naaru (Rank 1) Tears of the Naaru (Rank 2) - more efficient craft Tears of the Naaru (Rank 3) - chance to create multiple Tears of the Naaru New Transmutation - Transmute: Primal Sargerite > Primal Sargerite
      Blacksmithing
      Empyrial Breastplate - new ilvl 885 Plate Chest
      Empyrial Rivets are needed to craft the Chest Empyrial Breastplate (Rank 1) Empyrial Breastplate (Rank 2) - more efficient craft Empyrial Breastplate (Rank 3) - even more efficient craft Felslate Anchor (Felslate Anchor) - Use: Attach an anchor to your legs which sends you plummeting towards the ocean floor. Only usable in water.
      Cooking
      Feast of the Fishes (Recipe: Feast of the Fishes) - Use: Set out a Feast of the Fishes to feed up to 50 people in your raid or party! Restores 2,400,000 health and 1,200,000 mana over 20 sec. Must remain seated while eating. If you spend at least 10 seconds eating you will obtain all of the powers of a fish.
      Fishing Artifact
      Underlight Emerald (Deep Green) new green appearance for Underlight Angler Herbalism
      Astral Glory - Restores 1% health every 5 sec for 15 min
      Astral Glory - Gather Astral Glory more effectively Astral Glory - Find rare materials when gathering Astral Glory Astral Glory - Receive a chance to gain a small heal over time when gathering Astral Glory Engineering
      Gravitational Reduction Slippers (Schematic: Gravitational Reduction Slippers) - Use: Affix the Gravitational Reduction Slippers to your current footwear allowing you to jump higher and fall farther. Wormhole Generator: Argus (Schematic: Wormhole Generator: Argus) - Use: Teleports the player to a random location on Argus. Inscription
      Mass Mill Astral Glory - Mill multiple Astral Glory at once Jewelcrafting
      Design List: Argus Crowns - Jewelcrafters can now craft ilvl 885 crowns
      Empyrial Crown of the Cosmos - new ilvl 885 Cloth Helm
      Empyrial Crown of the Cosmos (Rank 1) Empyrial Crown of the Cosmos (Rank 2) - more efficient craft Empyrial Crown of the Cosmos (Rank 3) - even more efficient craft Empyrial Crown of the Depths - new ilvl 885 Leather Helm
      Empyrial Crown of the Depths (Rank 1) Empyrial Crown of the Depths (Rank 2) - more efficient craft Empyrial Crown of the Depths (Rank 3) - even more efficient craft Empyrial Crown of the Elements - new ilvl 885 Mail Helm
      Empyrial Crown of the Elements (Rank 1) Empyrial Crown of the Elements (Rank 2) - more efficient craft Empyrial Crown of the Elements (Rank 3) - even more efficient craft Empyrial Crown of the Titans - new ilvl 885 Plate Helm
      Empyrial Crown of the Titans (Rank 1) Empyrial Crown of the Titans (Rank 2) Empyrial Crown of the Titans (Rank 3) Design List: Argus Gemcutting - epic Gems have been added to the game
      Deadly Deep Chemirine - +250 Primary Stat and +188 Critical Strike Masterful Argulite - +250 Primary Stat and +188 Mastery Quick Lightsphene - +250 Primary Stat and +188 Haste Versatile Labradorite - +250 Primary Stat and +188 Versatility Mass Prospect Empyrium - Prospect multiple batches of Empyrium at once
      Leatherworking
      Fiendish Shoulderguards - new ilvl 885 Leather Shoulders
      Fiendish Shoulderguards (Rank 1) Fiendish Shoulderguards (Rank 2) - more efficient craft Fiendish Shoulderguards (Rank 3) - even more efficient craft Fiendish Spaulders - new ilvl 885 Mail Shoulders
      Fiendish Spaulders (Rank 1) Fiendish Spaulders (Rank 2) - more efficient craft Fiendish Spaulders (Rank 3) - even more efficient craft Mining
      New Mining Techniques have been added to the game
      Empyrium Deposit (Rank 1) - Increase the amount of material found in Empyrium Deposits Empyrium Deposit (Rank 2) - Chance to find rare materials in Empyrium Deposits Empyrium Deposit (Rank 3) - Increase the amount of material found in Empyrium Deposits Empyrium Seam (Rank 1) - Increase the amount of material found in Empyrium Seams Empyrium Seam (Rank 2) - Chance to find rare materials in Empyrium Seams Empyrium Seam (Rank 3) - Increase the amount of material found in Empyrium Seams Skinning
      New Skinning Techniques have been added to the game
      Fiendish Leather (Skinning Technique: Fiendish Leather (Rank 1)) - Gather Fiendish Leather more effectively Fiendish Leather (Skinning Technique: Fiendish Leather (Rank 2)) - Find rare metarials when gathering Fiendish Leather Fiendish Leather (Skinning Technique: Fiendish Leather (Rank 3)) - Gather Fiendish Leather more effectively Tailoring
      Lightweave Breeches - new ilvl 885 Cloth Legs (Design: Lightweave Breeches (Rank 1))
      Lightweave Breeches (Rank 1) Lightweave Breeches (Rank 2) - more efficient craft Lightweave Breeches (Rank 3) - even more efficient craft
    • By Stan

Primal Obliterum can only upgrade new Patch 7.3 crafted items to item level 935. Pre-7.3 items can only be upgraded to 900 with Obliterum.
      To upgrade Obliterum into Primal Obliterum, you will need 1 Obliterum & 1 Primal Sargerite. Another Primal Sargerite will be consumed when you upgrade an item with Primal Obliterum by 5 ilvls.

New 7.3 Crafted Gear
      Only the following items can be upgraded to 935. It doesn't matter if you craft older items after 7.3 goes live, they won't go beyond 900.
      Astral Alchemist Stone Empyrial Breastplate Design List: Argus Crowns Fiendish Shoulderguards Fiendish Spaulders Lightweave Breeches Placeholder for tweet 897964671298265088
    • By Stan

Obliterum has been a steady gold maker during Legion, but what's the future of crafted items in Patch 7.3?
      Patch 7.3 added the following strings to the game:
      "SPELL_FAILED_CUSTOM_ERROR_345","This item requires basic Obliterum to upgrade."
      "SPELL_FAILED_CUSTOM_ERROR_346","This item requires Primal Obliterum to upgrade."
      We did some testing on PTR and old crafted pre-7.3 gear (ilvl 835/850) can be upgraded with Obliterum up to ilvl 900. You can't use Obliterum to upgrade the new 7.3 crafted items. Instead, you will need to use Primal Obliterum that can upgrade it up to ilvl 935.
      Primal Obliterum is forged by combining a new Blood of Sargeras called Primal Sargerite and good old Obliterum. Primal Sargerite can be transmuted by Alchemists (Transmute: Primal Sargerite) at the cost of 25 Bloods of Sargeras. There are various sources of Primal Sargerite (world quests, shoulder enchant etc). The item's required for many new recipes, so a person would be forced to have Alchemy and that's not a design Blizzard would choose.
      The good news is Obliterum will still be profitable in 7.3 and if you plan to sell Primal Obliterum, you will need to combine Obliterum with Primal Sargerite.
    • By Stan

Last week, Bay sat down with wordup and talked about Enhancement Shamans in Legon. He's back with another very detailed videos for all Brewmaster Monk players.
      In the 152nd episode he's joined by BrewingScribe & Paoanii (Envy).