FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ohnobro

Mythic NH DPS Help Please

• http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Ohnobro/simple
  • https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/22016471/latest
  • Standard Rotation: Stealth - Garrote - Mutilate to 5 combo - vanish - rupture - mutilate to 5 - envenom burn points on envenom while maintaining bleeds.
  • All in all I feel like I should be doing much better DPS than I am at my ilvl.  I do handle a lot of the mechanics during the boss encounters but still my dps seems to be behind where I would like it to be and judging by my parses way below where others seem to be.
  • Any and all help would be greatly appreciated as I have no other rogues in my guild to consult and noone that I know is a rogue that raids
  • Thanks in advance!

21 hours ago, Ohnobro said:
  • http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Ohnobro/simple
  • https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/22016471/latest
  • Standard Rotation: Stealth - Garrote - Mutilate to 5 combo - vanish - rupture - mutilate to 5 - envenom burn points on envenom while maintaining bleeds.
  • All in all I feel like I should be doing much better DPS than I am at my ilvl.  I do handle a lot of the mechanics during the boss encounters but still my dps seems to be behind where I would like it to be and judging by my parses way below where others seem to be.
  • Any and all help would be greatly appreciated as I have no other rogues in my guild to consult and noone that I know is a rogue that raids
  • Thanks in advance!

In general it doesn't look like you're tracking buffs or debuffs or cooldowns properly. I suggest getting an addon like Weakauras or TellMeWhen to track things like your Bleeds and Poisons, so you know when you should be refreshing them. Keep the Pandemic effect in mind, and refresh as they pass the 30% mark so you don't lose any damage

It doesn't look like you're using Vanish any more than twice a fight even on 4-6 minute encounters, as if you just forget about it at the end

Your bleed uptimes are really really low - 50% on Garrote and 67-90% on Rupture. There's really no reason for these to be as low as they are - I can understand Anomaly dropping off once in a while, but the cooldown on Garrote resets when the target with it on dies, which means that even on the adds there's no reason to not use it.

Your Agonizing Poison uptime is also pretty low - and by that I mean it drops off twice on Trilliax and all the time on Anomaly (Deadly Poison is generally better for fights with add swapping, you should try running Alacrity or Exsang). You should use that knife toss ability to apply poisons from range, and maintain them. 

1 hour ago, Carrn said:

In general it doesn't look like you're tracking buffs or debuffs or cooldowns properly. I suggest getting an addon like Weakauras or TellMeWhen to track things like your Bleeds and Poisons, so you know when you should be refreshing them. Keep the Pandemic effect in mind, and refresh as they pass the 30% mark so you don't lose any damage

It doesn't look like you're using Vanish any more than twice a fight even on 4-6 minute encounters, as if you just forget about it at the end

Your bleed uptimes are really really low - 50% on Garrote and 67-90% on Rupture. There's really no reason for these to be as low as they are - I can understand Anomaly dropping off once in a while, but the cooldown on Garrote resets when the target with it on dies, which means that even on the adds there's no reason to not use it.

Your Agonizing Poison uptime is also pretty low - and by that I mean it drops off twice on Trilliax and all the time on Anomaly (Deadly Poison is generally better for fights with add swapping, you should try running Alacrity or Exsang). You should use that knife toss ability to apply poisons from range, and maintain them. 

Yeah I have been trying to save vanish for vendetta CD rupture.

In regards to poison uptime my downfall in logs is that i handle every single mechanic in the raid aka on anomaly they have me sit on an add and interrupt during some phases  garrote i know i tend to miss often but is that a lot of damage?

How can Trilliax was my first time killing on that pull and I spend most of the time running for cake/sitting on add but I will definitely take what you said into account and give a try at some changeups to see if it helps thank you for the advice!

37 minutes ago, Ohnobro said:

Yeah I have been trying to save vanish for vendetta CD rupture.

Yeah that's fine, but you just stop using it halfway through the fights lol. 

38 minutes ago, Ohnobro said:

In regards to poison uptime my downfall in logs is that i handle every single mechanic in the raid aka on anomaly they have me sit on an add and interrupt during some phases  garrote i know i tend to miss often but is that a lot of damage?

Yeah, so when you run out for things use your throwing knife to keep up poisons, and refresh bleeds before running. Between Spring and Shadowstep you're more than mobile enough for your time off the boss to be like 5 seconds flat.

Excuse some of the attitude here, but is that even a real question lol? Garrote is your second most important ability (after Rupture, which is also low) to maintain if you read the guide here and on other sites. Even being up half the time, Garrote did 10 million damage. If you double it, it out damages every single one of your abilities other than Rupture and Envenom on Trilliax, and will boost the damage of Envenom by keeping another bleed on the target. So yes, it's a very important skill to use :P

48 minutes ago, Ohnobro said:

How can Trilliax was my first time killing on that pull and I spend most of the time running for cake/sitting on add but I will definitely take what you said into account and give a try at some changeups to see if it helps thank you for the advice!

Basically what I said about Sprint and Shadowstep. You don't need to spend long running for cakes, since you can only eat one at a time and can't eat a second for a while after the first.

Best of luck with improving! You know where to find me if you have any more questions or comments :)