FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
whyrogue

i give up on outlaw.

Is it just me or anyone else a out to give up on outlaw. 

1) 3-4 rolls for a buff

2) sitting at 885 and raid boss dps sucks 

3)I have add one I follow all the guide ver gear is a spin in the ads to get. (sitting at 14%)

4) as normal for rogues get screwed I'm dps against everyone else.  can outlaw at least get a poison to beef up our dps.

moved topic from stream feedback to rogue section, felt more appropriate - ardvark

It certainly can be frustrating. Blizz claimed they were going to make slice n dice competitive with buffs for people who didn't like the roll dem bones mechanic but that didn't happen. Now with patch 7.2 the new artifact traits will help a little bit. The part I agree with you on completely is the waiting for buffs to do dps part. Last night in a dungeon it took me 5 rolls to be able to start doing damage and the boss was at 19% health at that point. Now, when you get lucky and get say all 6 buffs (so very rare) its exceedingly fun but not worth the wait imo. 

I really loved old combat rogue and with the WoD empowered passive system I think last expansion it was the best version ever. New outlaw certainly has its frustrations. I myself am a gambling man, and I don't like to play outlaw XD. 

Interestingly, one of our rogues said the exact same thing - he switched to SnD and is hitting 85% or higher since. Not what was 'supposed' to happen, but might be worth a try for you. 

Myself and a few other rogues are working on some theorycrafting for SnD over on the WoW forums. It's certainly far from perfect, but we are noticing some things that separate it from RtB. Obviously SnD doesn't have the top end that RtB has, but it's a fun spec if you like the old spammy combat, with solid damage and a rotation that's super easy to stop and start.

A couple of things worth noting:

Nightblooming Frond is a huge component. Averaged over an entire raid, its about 6% of my damage.

Signet of Melandrus has been reported to be a massive dps increase. Personally, I don't have one yet, but I'm optimistic :)

There seems to be a soft cap for Crit, though we haven't figured out exactly where yet. As an example, I am just shy of 25% Crit, and it sims as my top stat. However, another rogue that's helping has 31% Crit, and Vers comes up as his highest valued stat. For reference, I have 12% Vers, and he has 7.5%

Saber Slash becomes your primary source of damage, so the 2pc T19 bonus is huge.

Hope this helps anyone considering making the switch.