FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
PinkLuigi

[Enh] 4-set bonus Boulderfist Vs Hot Hand

Finally got my 4th piece of T19 for my Enhancement Shaman, and I am curious if anyone knows the particulars of why Boulderfist is the BiS talent over Hot Hand.
Simulationcraft shows that using Boulderfist does indeed do more overall damage, But why exactly? Does it's damage+buff simply do more on average than what we would get from using Hothand's procs and Rockbiter's uncapped maelstrom generation to fish for more Stormbringer procs?
Having tested both sides on the dummy in game, I manage a slight bit higher DPS using Hothand than I do with Boulderfist, But then I only just got the 4-set today and am not used to managing my maelstrom as suggested in the Icy Veins shaman guide.

27 minutes ago, PinkLuigi said:

Finally got my 4th piece of T19 for my Enhancement Shaman, and I am curious if anyone knows the particulars of why Boulderfist is the BiS talent over Hot Hand.
Simulationcraft shows that using Boulderfist does indeed do more overall damage, But why exactly? Does it's damage+buff simply do more on average than what we would get from using Hothand's procs and Rockbiter's uncapped maelstrom generation to fish for more Stormbringer procs?
Having tested both sides on the dummy in game, I manage a slight bit higher DPS using Hothand than I do with Boulderfist, But then I only just got the 4-set today and am not used to managing my maelstrom as suggested in the Icy Veins shaman guide.

Basically the idea is that once you have the 4s and can dump your extra maelstrom into lava lash, the 5% extra damage is more beneficial to boost the damage of your stormstrike chaining as well as the lava lash dumping. You should be able to force proc a bunch more stormstrikes during the duration of the fight so that damage boost becomes more powerful.