FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nim

Mistweaver Monk Question

Hello there!

Currently i am playing as MW monk and i am loving it. So i was gemming as mr robot told me. Where i gem mostly for spirit/crit. But as i a noticing. A lot better geared monks are gemming for a int lot.

I would like to ask do you think i am in state where should i start gemming int too?

My monkhttp://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/Nim%C3%A9rya/advanced

Thanks for you answers guys!

Nim

In my opinion, you should be gemming Crit.  It will still help with some mana on top of giving throughput.

You also need to get rid of all that mastery gear.  Mastery is such an awful stat, that you should never really get it.  I see this mistake with a lot of monks and its just not worth it.  I know that "yay ilvl upgrade whoo!"  but once you're in the 500's you should be actively trying to get rid of any mastery from your gear.  Go for any other piece without mastery.  Don't go for ToT 4pc. Just get Chest and Legs.  Next tier, we're probably going to use the 4pc but don't know which off piece yet.

Next, are you going to be running 10 or 25 man?  in a 25 man you should definitely be going with a very low spirit build.  For 10 man, ive seen low spirit builds work, but some other people prefer to have a cap.  If you want a cap, how much spirit do you want?

Here is my suggestion with Mr. Robot: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/c0479a73-a7b3-46af-a99c-b4ecbfe9bc63

If you don't like something let me know and I can fiddle with the weights to work around it.  The best thing for you is to know what you want.  Int/crit gemming? Spirit Cap?.  I can give you suggestions but ultimately its up to you to know how you want your stats.

Hey. Thanks for your quick answer. I am raiding 10man. But as you say "replace mastery gear". Isnt just better for example my chest and reforge it to crit then just be with crit chest with ilvl 463?

Hey. Thanks for your quick answer. I am raiding 10man. But as you say "replace mastery gear". Isnt just better for example my chest and reforge it to crit then just be with crit chest with ilvl 463?

No, no, no, no and no... I see WAY too many people assume this.  This is NOT how reforging works, other wise everyone would be perfectly itemized all the time and blizzard would never make different types of items.

When you reforge it only takes away 40% (FORTY) of the stat.  You still have 60% of useless mastery on your gear that is doing absolutely NOTHING for you, where as a chest with crit on it will have more crit than what you're reforging off of mastery.

Ugh, sorry again, I'm re-reading your post and I realized that you have a 522 chest.  So what I though you were saying was completely wrong from what you were asking.

To a point, yes you're right.  The intellect upgrade is better.  but you're gimping yourself of throughput stats in favor of int when crit can do just as much throughput for you as well as give you mana.

I've always been of the mind set of a 502 non-mastery piece > a 522 Mastery Piece.

Think of it like gems.  2 crit > 1 int.  How much crit do you gain with the crit piece?  How much int?  If you gain 2 times as much crit than int then I say go for the crit.

Example (theoretical numbers): You get a mastery upgrade: it bumps you up 100 intellect, but you lose 200 crit.  In this case, IMO you're not gaining anything in terms of throughput, but rather losing out on some mana regen.