FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Blowmymace

Resto Shammy Help

no replies ? help me out guys on how i can improve plz... suggestions on changing talents or using some spells more than others will be appreciated. I lean heavily towards 2 riptides and chain healing while raiding.

Well, you say you want to keep the 2 charges on riptide, and while I understand that is is very comfortable to have the extra utility available, in raw HPS numbers the Cloudburst totem usually pulls ahead. I'm not saying CBT is better but if you only want to bring your number up it might help you.

I was against CBT myself for a very long time but it's more or less because it takes quite a while to get the hang of micromanaging your CDs with it and you can have good read on the guide Keehn did on CBT efficient usage: https://chainheal.com/resto-shaman-guide-on-how-to-maximize-cloudburst-totem-cbt/

Which also bring me to next part, "Crashing Waves" talent is a waste for you because you are barely even making use of it at all. You get an additional Tidal Wave but, you're not using them anyway so swap that out for the Ancestral Guidence which is an inredibly powerful CD!

Last, this is pure preference since both are very much viable but the Earthshield totem will bring your numbers up more than Vigor since it absorbs dmg while vigor simply applies a buff to increase hp for a while. I'm personally a fan of the totem, it is crazy powerful on things that do sustained dmg like the carrion plague of Tichondrius :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arkpit said:

Well, you say you want to keep the 2 charges on riptide, and while I understand that is is very comfortable to have the extra utility available, in raw HPS numbers the Cloudburst totem usually pulls ahead. I'm not saying CBT is better but if you only want to bring your number up it might help you.

I was against CBT myself for a very long time but it's more or less because it takes quite a while to get the hang of micromanaging your CDs with it and you can have good read on the guide Keehn did on CBT efficient usage: https://chainheal.com/resto-shaman-guide-on-how-to-maximize-cloudburst-totem-cbt/

Which also bring me to next part, "Crashing Waves" talent is a waste for you because you are barely even making use of it at all. You get an additional Tidal Wave but, you're not using them anyway so swap that out for the Ancestral Guidence which is an inredibly powerful CD!

Last, this is pure preference since both are very much viable but the Earthshield totem will bring your numbers up more than Vigor since it absorbs dmg while vigor simply applies a buff to increase hp for a while. I'm personally a fan of the totem, it is crazy powerful on things that do sustained dmg like the carrion plague of Tichondrius :)

Thanks for the help arkpit, will try out the talents and see what happens. I'm also confused a bit about stats. What numbers should i be aiming for between crit/mastery for a good balance ? Also, do you think about the 4 tier set ? Is it worth it or not ?

Edited by Blowmymace

27 minutes ago, Blowmymace said:

Thanks for the help arkpit, will try out the talents and see what happens. I'm also confused a bit about stats. What numbers should i be aiming for between crit/mastery for a good balance ? Also, do you think about the 4 tier set ? Is it worth it or not ?

Also, just as a note, your artifact ability synergize with a well timed Ancestral Guidence, try on some dummies but you can trigger AG just as you cast Queen to give the 6 targets healed the AG extra effect which is very important for us Cloudburst users but still helps you as well knowing it!

The stats however I feel the mastery should always regardless of spec aim for as high as possible with you being comfortable with the crit or haste ration depending on build. The crit is good at 35% giving your surges pretty much guarenteed crit and the chain heals getting 45% (Artifact passive) which is always handy.

Regarding the set, not that it will help you but I'm a haste Shaman myself that never uses chain healing so the extra boost I get from my healing waves is great and since I only have 1 charge on my healing stream totem 4set definitly helps. 4set only really helps people that runs Cloudburst totem honestly while the 2set isn't great for chain heal builds but it still helps of course.

Here is an example log from the other night of how I play Shaman:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/R947y6QxapNZmtCB#fight=31&type=healing

I got for Undulation talent and emphazise on charging CBT frequently using CDs that spread my single target healing.