FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zeffuro

Resto Shaman needs some advice

Hey guys, 

I've been healing yesterday and I felt that I had issues keeping our Demon Hunter tank alive (especially on Skorpy, which caused the most wipes yesterday).

Resto is not my main spec but I treat all my specs equal and want to be the best in every spec.
You can find my Armory here: Armory

It might be possible you'll see my main spec (Enhancement Shaman) but here's a screenshot of my gear/stats in that case.

b59a99c313.jpg

Don't worry, the pieces are enchanted (Only neck and back got Agility and Hidden Satyr on them, the rings have 200 Mastery) but they're from my Enhancement Spec.

I currently play with these talents:

417ad34736.jpg

I know I should prob get Wind Rush Totem or Graceful Spirit, it's just that I'm used to doing mythics and I want to get out of shit real fast and I'm not 100% used to Spiritwalkers Grace yet.

Now I hear that a lot of people say that CBT is the best talent, I've done extensive reading on it but I feel like that Riptide into HW into HW is my current core playstyle and I prefer Echo of the Elements for now.

I do lack experience in the current raids (before yesterday I only did the LFRs) and knowing about optimal timing.

Here are the logs of last night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MYXmahP7KLn6Zdf9

Advice on any fight is appreciated (even on Odyn where I DPSed :P) but I guess the focus would be how I should play Skorpy.

Hope to hear from you guys soon :)

Edited by Zeffuro

everything other than low on chain heal honestly looks ok.  Simply play more and play with different spell set ups. eg: deluge, cloudburst, high tide, graceful spirit.

skorpy imo should be deluge/high tide since most of the raid will be close together.

19 hours ago, Hindrigan said:

everything other than low on chain heal honestly looks ok.  Simply play more and play with different spell set ups. eg: deluge, cloudburst, high tide, graceful spirit.

skorpy imo should be deluge/high tide since most of the raid will be close together.

Yeah I have thought about that. It's just in my experience is that Chain heals seems to heal for little when I'm watching the raid frames, only like for 5-10% of a players health. Seems like I'm able to stabilize faster with just popping a CD and spamming riptide + HW.

Also on Skorpy I had tanks who seemed to take quite a beating which was pretty difficult to heal. The other healers had issues keeping them up.

I just tried to get us through that kill and it worked out in the end :P

Shamans doesn't excel at be the main healer for a tank.

I used a similar talent choice as you have now to heal raids but lately I switched a bit my talents and yields better results.

Take Ancestral Guidance and use it for burst healing as you use Ascendance.

Get Ancestral Vigor since it will give 10% health which is very strong.

Instead of Echo switch to Cloudburst totem and try to use all the time ; basically free heals for the whole raid based on your healing. (also be sure to use your artifact heal when cloudburst is up)

High Tide yields more healing than Ascendance ; specially on that fight that there is always a lot of damage ongoing and has a lot of synergy with cloudburst.

In addition, dont neglect the passive spells that can be cast for lots of passive healing - Healing Stream Totem, Healing Rain, Earthern Shield totem, Riptide all on CD