FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
b0b

DPS Help

Hey guys!

I've been playing DH now for about a month. I'm currently in 896 equipped with the Anger ring and Kiljaeden trink. Got my 4set and decent gear. 42 traits as I'm making this post.

I've recently started to compare my damage to other demon hunters and I've noticed that my Chaos Strike damage is often alot lower than most others with equal gear level and what I can tell from their hp pool probably equal amount of traits acquired. Since I've got the legendary ring I will almost always have alot more Chaos Strikes per boss fight but very often less damage than other DH's. What I can see from checking the dmg meter both my Lowest hit and Highest hit on Chaos Strike is ALOT lower than the ones I've compared with, I've seen as low as 90k ish and highest is usually ~750k, while other DH's I've compared with have a lowest hit of 150-160k ish and highest of 1.1-1.2mil.

I'm currently doing 600-700k dps single target, it's not bad but I feel like the Chaos Strike damage is low af.

My stats: 

Agility: 30k

Crit: 39%

Haste: 19%

Mastery: 34%

Linking my armory for those who want to see and help me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Dhl/simple

Thanks for any help/thoughts!

Hello my fellow dh

From my point of view the problem is very simple. You have way too much haste and low crit. As you allready know crits on chaos strike refund for half of its cost so by increasing your crit you will be able to hit way more often with chaos strikes (and harder since you will crit more). Dont be afraid to change an item with a lower ilvl (no more than  20 though) if it would provide you with a big boost on crit stat. Try to reach the 45% crit (even though you have the 4 set pieces) and you will see a difference.

On 3/6/2017 at 8:36 AM, Wakko said:

Hello my fellow dh

From my point of view the problem is very simple. You have way too much haste and low crit. As you allready know crits on chaos strike refund for half of its cost so by increasing your crit you will be able to hit way more often with chaos strikes (and harder since you will crit more). Dont be afraid to change an item with a lower ilvl (no more than  20 though) if it would provide you with a big boost on crit stat. Try to reach the 45% crit (even though you have the 4 set pieces) and you will see a difference.

Thanks for your reply!

I sim my character often and according to the sim, mastery is my best stat. Because I have the legendary ring crit becomes less desirable. And crit won't affect my highest hit, it will only affect my average hit. Mastery will increase my max hit tho.