FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nimweh

New to Blood DK - Looking for advice.

Hi all,

Long-time reader, first-time poster.

I'm currently levelling my DK to 110 and I'm looking for some tips on how to set up my bars and UI for Blood spec.

What position should I have my abilities in on my Action Bars and so on? If you guys could maybe post a couple of screenshots of your UI that would be mega helpful. I'm gonna go and do some more reading but I'd really appreciate any helpful tips/nuggets of wisdom you might be willing to share.

Many thanks in advance

Nimweh

Hi there

Having a killer UI comprises of having the information you need to know, easy to find and all the other stuff hidden till you need it.

Your rotation is pretty simple so its a matter of keeping track of your own cooldowns and boss mechanics.

Weakauras for your cooldowns and either DBM or bigwigs, your choice. Then get used to it and have fun.

Shells tanking UI.jpg

Ui in use.jpg

later today i'll revisit this topic and post a screen shot of my action bar, I use the default UI with almost no action bars. The big thing is you need to put things where you will remember it and have the more frequent abilities you found yourself using on "easier" to reach keys. So for me, for whatever reason my 3 key is my power button key, my left middle finger is apparently the most important, so I keep marrow rend right there with death strike to the right of it. That way one of my main abilities are right there and i don't have to stretch or move my hand, now that of course will differ from person to person,  but again i'll post my person one later today :) (or tomorrow, im bad at deadlines XD)

• Like 2

i realize i forgot to post my action bar set up here, i'm a terrible person. will try to remember today

did i mention im terrible at deadlines? when I was writing overwatch stuff on the front page, my tuesday reset post wouldn't be up till thursday XD (possibly why i'm not doing it anymore, hrmmmm)

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 10:13 PM, demonardvark said:

i realize i forgot to post my action bar set up here, i'm a terrible person. will try to remember today

did i mention im terrible at deadlines? when I was writing overwatch stuff on the front page, my tuesday reset post wouldn't be up till thursday XD (possibly why i'm not doing it anymore, hrmmmm)

All good :)

to an extent...gonna spend some more time doing some heroics to get some gear and practice my tanking... tanked the TW event last week... still figuring it out lol 

Main is a mage... not used to melee

yet again I realized I forgot, but I actually deliver this time XD

how i do it.jpg

So as I think I said I like to keep my "most important" abilities at 3 and 4. So marrownrend and deathstrike are right next to each other and are in my "bash everything" range. I use a simple mouse with only two extra buttons, they are linked to 7 and 8, so i can easily drop death and decay whenever or where ever i need to. The vampiric is bound to my other one. Using a shift function, I can hold shift, then hit 7 or 8 which then gets me icebound or anti magic above, so every "utility" button i have on my mouse. that's honestly the bulk of it, everything else is just sorta....... there. 

Also glyph of corpse explosion is mandatory to make things explode. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, demonardvark said:

yet again I realized I forgot, but I actually deliver this time XD

how i do it.jpg

So as I think I said I like to keep my "most important" abilities at 3 and 4. So marrownrend and deathstrike are right next to each other and are in my "bash everything" range. I use a simple mouse with only two extra buttons, they are linked to 7 and 8, so i can easily drop death and decay whenever or where ever i need to. The vampiric is bound to my other one. Using a shift function, I can hold shift, then hit 7 or 8 which then gets me icebound or anti magic above, so every "utility" button i have on my mouse. that's honestly the bulk of it, everything else is just sorta....... there. 

Also glyph of corpse explosion is mandatory to make things explode. 

I like that idea of the shift modifier on the mouse wheel.

I have BB and the artifact ability on my wheel with q for VB and E for Blood drinker. IBF  I have to click manually , so thats not optimal. Need some practise on that front.