Underpowered

Frost Dk pvp and playstyle

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

this is such a necessary thread. frost dk needs a REAL redesign. biggest disappointment of legion imo

no desecrated ground
no lichborne
no double grip
ams nerf
no death siphon or reliable active heal outside of IBF which is totally counter intuitive for pvp
no strangulate
no asphyxiate
no death and decay or any reliable replacement ability to catch enemies in stealth (great example of a pointless nerf...huge quality of life and survival nerf in pvp)
no icy touch dispel
this brought a really nice small utility that rewarded the player if used properly. im still mad about this being removed. i dont care about icy touch, they could bring back a balanced offensive dispel for us through any number of ways. will we ever be anything but a glass cannon?
and finally wraith walk is unreliable and undertuned, probably the worst "gap crosser" in the game to date. especially for a class missing so much flexability compared to other classes and frost dk in past seasons

fury of sind's cooldown is awful and is just a clunky ability in general. deserves to be better.
crystalline swords is a slap in the face, nearly EVERY other spec in the game has an active artifact ability that robustly affects and tunes their rotation somehow. ours is a boring excuse of an ability that should not have made it past testing. it brings NOTHING to frost dk. 

im sure some of you have got to be sick of this variation of frost. it is objectively worse than ever before. its a watered down magic damage fury warrior competitor at BEST. 
PLEASE fix this blizzard. 
If i could make one change to dk in pvp, all i would do is either give asphyx back baseline to dk, or drastically improve deathstrike healing output. either of those things would be a start.
just watch two frost dks duel each other and you'll see exactly whats wrong with it. 
0 subtlety or depth....even the rune simplification was overkill. it just furthers the stereotype that frost is an "easy" spec. (which is sadly kind of true now imo)
its just a question of who presses their attacks fastest. 

I want the Dev team to abandon this idea of a repetitive aimless damage bot for frost dk pvp.
bring back the nuance, bring back the self-healing which has ALWAYS been a part of dk lore and frost playstyle. bring back offensive dispel!
bring back a reliable stun! bring back a silence!
I dont see how any of these changes would imbalance the game as a whole, and would bring a huge quality of life change to many dks who have given up on this spec for similar reasons.
Give us something to do other than faceroll obliterates into our targets! why cant we have a cc again? or any small utility for that matter
how are we expected to counter these things without a pocket healer?
the playstyle, as is, just doesnt work. its not fun, or creative, or intuitive. blizzard can do better with frost dk. I think a ton of frost dks out there would like to be something other than a glass cannon.

this is just my opinion, im not telling anyone what to think. thats just what ive observed on my dk since WOD. i would like to hear from blizzard on this and get some insight here.

DK pvp certainly has changed and you did hit on quite a good points on room for improvement. However, if I may, you may find this sort of topic would be better off on the official blizzard forums. That is really the first place they go and frankly most of the blue tweets seem to stem from there. I can honestly not say I've ever heard a dev respond to something on the icy forums, not to say we aren't awesome (cuz we are) however to get more direct dev contact, the official forum is probably better. 

i did post it on the forums there. my main goal is to make people aware of these problems. thats all. word of mouth can do a lot

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Frozst
      Anyone already done the math on this?  Does it make it more beneficial to have Let It Go x3 (Frost, Arcane, Frost) and sacrifice iLVL on the artifact weapon or to have 3 other (not as effective) relics but with a higher iLVL. 
      Example:
      Let It Go (865, 885, 850)
      Other Relics (Ice Age 895, Obsidian Lance 895, Ice Age 900)
    • By blackempire
      Wazzup this is my first forum post and stuff and im wondering what you think it the best talent to go for!
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 920~ ilvl
      - 52+ traits.
      - 3/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made..
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Death Knight: Blood.
      Druid: Guardian and Balance.
      Hunter: MM/BM.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Rogue: Open.
      Warlock: Open.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Dredd
      <Return With Honor> H6/9 weekday 6pm-8:30p EST raid times. Tank and RDPS needed. We also have a reward system where you can receive game time & game store items paid for by the guild. If interested pst me. Also visit us at returnwithhonor.shivtr.com
      Who Are We?
      Originally established in Tichondrius-US during the WoD expansion, Return With Honor is a guild lead by military veterans who are also veteran players of World of Warcraft. We offer great conversations, crude humor, active environment, and a home for individuals looking to be apart of a tight nit group. We also have a guild point system used by our members to earn great prizes like in-game items(gear, pets, mounts, etc) and game time. These points can be earned by staying active on our guild website, volunteering to assist the guild, and being involved in any guild groups.
      RAID SCHEDULE
      Alternating raid weeks
      (Varying days scheduled a month out)Tues, Friday, Sunday and Wed, Thu, Mon: 6:00PM-8:30PM EST
      We expect everyone to be prepared and ready to go 15 minutes before raid time (5:45PM EST) to start pulls at 6:00PM EST. We get Saturdays off every week.
      https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/emerald-dream/Return+With+Honor
      RATED BATTLEGROUNDS
      The RBG schedule varies on a week by week basis. Multiple groups will be formed to accommodate mostly everyone.
      Guild Events
      Guild Events are held every week with prizes for members to earn like high ilvl BOE gear, gold, pets, and mounts.
      If interested please contact Hoodxd or myself by in-game message or mail
      contact me at #ActionJack11202
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our PvP Addon Guide.