Underpowered

Frost Dk pvp and playstyle

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

this is such a necessary thread. frost dk needs a REAL redesign. biggest disappointment of legion imo

no desecrated ground
no lichborne
no double grip
ams nerf
no death siphon or reliable active heal outside of IBF which is totally counter intuitive for pvp
no strangulate
no asphyxiate
no death and decay or any reliable replacement ability to catch enemies in stealth (great example of a pointless nerf...huge quality of life and survival nerf in pvp)
no icy touch dispel
this brought a really nice small utility that rewarded the player if used properly. im still mad about this being removed. i dont care about icy touch, they could bring back a balanced offensive dispel for us through any number of ways. will we ever be anything but a glass cannon?
and finally wraith walk is unreliable and undertuned, probably the worst "gap crosser" in the game to date. especially for a class missing so much flexability compared to other classes and frost dk in past seasons

fury of sind's cooldown is awful and is just a clunky ability in general. deserves to be better.
crystalline swords is a slap in the face, nearly EVERY other spec in the game has an active artifact ability that robustly affects and tunes their rotation somehow. ours is a boring excuse of an ability that should not have made it past testing. it brings NOTHING to frost dk. 

im sure some of you have got to be sick of this variation of frost. it is objectively worse than ever before. its a watered down magic damage fury warrior competitor at BEST. 
PLEASE fix this blizzard. 
If i could make one change to dk in pvp, all i would do is either give asphyx back baseline to dk, or drastically improve deathstrike healing output. either of those things would be a start.
just watch two frost dks duel each other and you'll see exactly whats wrong with it. 
0 subtlety or depth....even the rune simplification was overkill. it just furthers the stereotype that frost is an "easy" spec. (which is sadly kind of true now imo)
its just a question of who presses their attacks fastest. 

I want the Dev team to abandon this idea of a repetitive aimless damage bot for frost dk pvp.
bring back the nuance, bring back the self-healing which has ALWAYS been a part of dk lore and frost playstyle. bring back offensive dispel!
bring back a reliable stun! bring back a silence!
I dont see how any of these changes would imbalance the game as a whole, and would bring a huge quality of life change to many dks who have given up on this spec for similar reasons.
Give us something to do other than faceroll obliterates into our targets! why cant we have a cc again? or any small utility for that matter
how are we expected to counter these things without a pocket healer?
the playstyle, as is, just doesnt work. its not fun, or creative, or intuitive. blizzard can do better with frost dk. I think a ton of frost dks out there would like to be something other than a glass cannon.

this is just my opinion, im not telling anyone what to think. thats just what ive observed on my dk since WOD. i would like to hear from blizzard on this and get some insight here.

DK pvp certainly has changed and you did hit on quite a good points on room for improvement. However, if I may, you may find this sort of topic would be better off on the official blizzard forums. That is really the first place they go and frankly most of the blue tweets seem to stem from there. I can honestly not say I've ever heard a dev respond to something on the icy forums, not to say we aren't awesome (cuz we are) however to get more direct dev contact, the official forum is probably better. 

i did post it on the forums there. my main goal is to make people aware of these problems. thats all. word of mouth can do a lot

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By alleraz
      I heard that with the new 4 set Shattering Strikes would be better than Runic Attunement but after simming my self its around 15-20K lower. I was wondering does simming take into account that the 4 set applies Razorice? If not then that'll make sense as to why SS is doing worse than RA. I dont have the 4 set yet I was just simming myself with it to see if SS was actually better with the 4 set.
    • By Wynterarcana
      I have absolutely no idea what im doing wrong but I know I am. I am doing the average rotation trying not to munch procs but my damage is just not there.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Vczx1dPhR4yZ9Qv2/#fight=last&type=damage-done
    • By CopiousSalt
      I feel like I should be performing better as a frost mage at my specific level. If some of you don't mind taking a look at my logs and letting me know what I could do to improve, it would help me out a lot. 
      A lot of people have told me once i get bracers and shard that my dps will normalize for my ilvl. Is this true? I follow the standard for frost mage st rotation: dont eat Ice-lance procs, don't waste insta flurries, spend flurries by frostbolt>flurry>Ice-lance, etc. If I am missing something, please let me know. 
      Here are some logs to look at.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yGLM493zpgrkcjT8/#fight=15&type=damage-done
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yGLM493zpgrkcjT8/#fight=7&type=damage-done
    • By TheKaiser
      I have a few questions concerning the upcoming expansion:
      First I wanted to ask, how everything with legendarys and artefacts is now going to be, are there still gonna be legendarys with the same role as in Legion and what about artefacts, are the HoA armors the new artefacts ?

Furthermore I wanted to know wheter or not pvp is mandatory for warfronts and island plundering or if you don't need to be a top pvp player to still achieve some nice things and interesting rewards.

With warfronts I also wanted to enquire how the gameplay most likely will look like, they are pve events so you shouldn't need to be a pvp player, right ?
      Also one last question, how hard do you think the warfront rewards will be to get ? The transmog does look quite nice and I wanted to ask if it is gonna be something, that is going to be locked and only available to hardcore players
    • By Frostjin
      <Currently Online> US - Illidan - Horde - Is recruiting raiders for all difficulties, and social/casual players of all levels!
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      About Us:
      <Currently Online> Founded 2014 by a core group that has been playing World of Warcraft since Vanilla. Currently Online has since evolved to far more than a guild; we are a full scale gaming community with our roots in World of Warcraft. 
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      What We Offer: 
      The largest and most active World of Warcraft community in the world, with over 9,000 members across 9 guilds (6 Alliance, 3 Horde), we offer a huge slate of activities to our players, both in WoW and out...
      Raiding: 
      9/9 H ToS Progression 2 Raid Teams - ranging from Casual to Mythic Progression See the teams and their needs on our website: http://currentlyonline.gg/raiding
      PvP:
      1 RBG Teams Countless members always looking for BGs and arenas! Learn more about our PvP offerings on our website: http://currentlyonline.gg/rbgs
      For Socials:
      Always active guild chat - 3 guilds linked with the add-on Greenwall. In-game activities and competitions: XMog Contests, PvP Events, Mythic+ Spams, Achievement Runs, Alt Raids, Yolo BGs, and more! Bi-Weekly In-Game Lottery! New Member Orientations! Come make some new friends! Room for advancement as an officer. Out of WoW:
      Private Gaming Servers such as Minecraft & 7DaysToDie Destiny 2 Clan Steam Group FFXIV Company Rust Clan Always active Discord w/ thousands of users Drinking Nights Monthly Giveaways _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      To Join:
      If you find yourself on Illidan Horde, simply "/who Currently Online" and ask for an invite! If you're not on one of our realms yet, let us know on our website and we'll keep your seat warm!
      http://currentlyonline.gg/join 
      Contact Us: 
      You can contact us by Btag, or email as listed below.
      Add one of the following officers to your Btag:
      Coldcrow#1329
      Joberty#7753
      OR
      Email us at:
      Coldcrow@currentlyonline.gg
      Swampage@currentlyonline.gg
      We hope to see everyone in game!