FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
AidanPryde

Should I replace Prydaz with Radiant String of Scorpid Eyes (Hero)

Hi.

First time Poster, long time reader here.

I need some help, who would've thought...

Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/nathot/simple

I am raiding quite casually and I do like it, however I still try to give my personal best. And that is where you guys come in.

At the Moment, I have 4 piece Setbonus with 895 Pauldrons of Azj'Aqir, 940 Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus and and 885 Robes of Fluctuating Energy.

Should I replace that with 875 Finery of Azj'Aqir, 885 Radiant String of Scorpid Eyes and 940 Lessons of Space-Time?

I am terrible at sim- and theory crafting, that's why I use Ask Mr Robot. And it tells me to not do it, however, as it also tells me that Eyes of Azj'Aqir is a better item than exactly the same I already have, I take that with a grain of salt. :)

Overall, that change would drop me by about one and a half Itemlevels. But I figure the DPS increase should be worth it?

Whats your thoughts?

Closing with a quote "Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope"

Edited by AidanPryde

I haven't played Destro all tier, but I would keep Prydaz. It is one of the best items in the game for progression.

I think from a "pure" dps perspective the shoulders are better than Prydaz. But in game, Prydaz is just insanely good. There are so many mechanics you can ignore or partially ignore. You can screw up quite a bit and still live to dps, or delay movement to finish off that buffed CB (you gotta use good judgment here on what Prydaz will absorb and what will piss off your healers). In game I think Prydaz would close a lot of that dps gap, if not all of it. If it were me I'd be looking for a different tier piece ASAP and use both (even if you have to dip into a LFR piece it might even come out ahead; worth testing anyway). Those two legendaries together would be very good. 

I think in the end I'd stick with Prydaz as Locky suggests. I have it; it's probably OP for progression and there are times where I don't move  because I know my Prydaz/demon skin 1.5M shield will keep me up just fine. That's more dps than if I didn't have it and had to cancel a cast. I think prydaz has saved my life countless times. 

Edit: I should note, I only play destro on Elisande (and only because it's just too good not to on that fight). 

Edited by Liarparadox

Thanks for the Answers so far.  

I agree that Prydaz is a good Stat Stick and the Shield saved my life quite some times. ^^

Unfortunately I can't use Prydaz and the Shoulders together, I would have to remove Feretory of Souls and I just can't pass on those 10% for a Soulshard!

I think I will have to stick with Prydaz for the time being. Let's see what ToS brings in terms of other equip. 

But thanks again. .)

59 minutes ago, Liarparadox said:

Oh you have the belt as well. Well you have horseshoes coming out of your butt then. Geez, that's a very good problem to have!

Your soul would break if you knew what legendaries I have...

• Like 1

On March 7, 2017 at 7:23 PM, Lockybalboa said:

Your soul would break if you knew what legendaries I have...

You have me curious.  I have 4 and wish at some point I'd get something really exciting. Although, I have Prydaz and love it. My others are sorta meh. These people with destro belt and Aff helm/back.... I can only wish my next one is something along those lines.

On March 14, 2017 at 0:52 PM, Lockybalboa said:

Aff cloak, Aff head, neck, destro belt, gate pants.

Aff cloak/head is OP af

Well i'm sufficiently jealous, that combo...

Legendary number 5 just dropped a few days ago for me: Sephuz. Still no helm or cloak for me.  While Sephuz isn't going to be replacing my Prydaz or aff bracers, it's crazy fun questing and  mythic+ when I can abuse that mini heroism all day long. Pleaaaase let the helm be next blizz!!