FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hunterdrizzt

Raid DPS assistance

Hi!

I'm a raiding BM hunter, looking for some help with my raid DPS.

Im currently around the 490-500k mark on most fights, pushing 800k on aoe heavy and 400k (or less) on single target.

I've been following Azor's guide for my stats/ gear / talents etc, as well as using Pawn to decide on upgrades. Ive Simmed my own Pawn string based on my current gear (looks really similar to the one in the guide). 

I've read lots of guides and threads looking for ways to improve, and trawling through world of logs. I've seen other BM hunters with a similar iLvl do 10-20% more DPS than me and I can't work out what I do differently.

My world of logs is here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13743279/latest/

And my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eonar/Hunterdrizzt/advanced

(Currently logged out in my aoe spec).

The 2 legendaries I regularly use are the Qa'pla boots and Apex ring. I've also got the Kil'jaeden trinket and the bracers (which I dont use since the nerf).

My usual opener consists of Cobra shot > kill command > MoC > BW + aspect  > dire beast > kill command > repeat cobra / kill command until dire beast is up > dire beast > kill command

I do use the CD reduction from boots during BW instead of firing another cobra shot to reset the CD, so sometimes I can be waiting 2 seconds for the CD.

For AoE i tend to use BW + multishot and hit dire beast on CD.

I hope this is enough info for someone to give me some assistance as Im really stuck.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Hunterdrizzt said:

I've been following Azor's guide

My usual opener consists of Cobra shot > kill command > MoC > BW + aspect  > dire beast > kill command > repeat cobra / kill command until dire beast is up > dire beast > kill command

In before Luthixx holds yar hand. 

Just from reading what you wrote...please go read his guide ...re-read it...then re-read it again because it appears you didn't comprehend it. Those two sentences contradict each other. 

not trying to be mean here...just pointing out the obvious. 

Edited by Banard
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Banard said:

In before Luthixx holds yar hand. 

Just from reading what you wrote...please go read his guide ...re-read it...then re-read it again because it appears you didn't comprehend it. Those two sentences contradict each other. 

not trying to be mean here...just pointing out the obvious. 

Hahahaha cheeky sod Banard.

I'm in 100% agreement. Your opening rotation is poor, and that's what sets up your dps for the entire fight. Honestly Azor doesn't write things in the guide for no reason, if you can see your burst dps doesn't compare to everyone else you know you have an issue. I'm only 899 and with pretty poor legendaries I burst more towards 1.8-1.9m now.

The boots don't actually work very well without shoulders to be honest, so you may be better off using the trinket. 

You don't have 4pc. Flat out that's about 70-80k dps you're losing out on by not having 4pc. Make that your top priority. 

Stat balance is fine but I'd definitely say you could do with more mastery. I know this is where Banard and I tend to disagree haha, but your gear compared to mine, I have almost 20% more mastery and only a little less haste. That's especially why your AoE isn't where it should be, since BM AoE is pure pet damage.

Would also be worth looking into since you have Elisande trinket, whether or not bracers would be good until you get shoulders. A guild mate of mine had 37% uptime with that combo of items so it could be worth simming yourself. 

Thanks for the advice :)

I'll change my opening rotation to: MoC > Bw/ aspect > dire beast+ titans thunder > kill command > proc killer cobra until dire beast > dire beast > proc killer cobra until expired.

I'll also look at switching out boots for bracers on single target fights, and using trinket on AoE fights.

I might also change my neck enchantment from satyr to the mastery one until I can improve the mastery on my gear.

Edited by Hunterdrizzt

I was on my phone when I wrote my first response so I didn't see your enchants. 

Hidden satyr is garbage anyway, definitely run trained soldier.

Boots may still be better than bracers for ST, but given you have CoF, best to give it a try out in sims / dummies etc.