FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
NewbHunter

Arms warrior help

I honestly dont use HS at all. I pretty much only run arena (over 1800 rating) so i dont know in pve. HS costs way too much rage for me and slam hits way harder. Also it looks like slam is getting buffed in next patch which means ill never use HS. Maybe someone else can help with why HS is still relevant.

Edited by Roided

Slam should generally be used rotationally when you have have either the recklessness of colossus Smash de/buffs up, Heroic strike should be used exclusively to stop you capping out on rage. it's not really a case of either/or. SLam is on the GCD, HS isn't, so you should use HS just before you're about to use something that would cuase you to cap out on rage; so say you have 94 rage and MS is coming off CD in the next half second, you know that MS wil generate at least 10 rage thich would take you to 100 rage and have 6 wasted as its past the cap, so instead you use HS, which becuase it's off the gcd it doesn't delay MS and drops you down to 64 rage, which is enough to fund another 3 GCDs worth of abilities until the next MS;. Now this gets a little complicated as MS may not always generate 10 rage, sometimes it will crit and generate 80 rage, some timesCS will crit and generate sometimes it won't and will get you 0, zerker rage will net you another 10, and shouts 20, and to further complicate things white swings are also gone be ticking rage iin every ~3 seconds, so you probably want o use heroic strike at  alower rage threshhold than 94, maybe as low as 70. Depends how well you can manage your income.

Tengenstein got it pretty right.

As Arms you'll almost never use HS, since Slam should be your main rage dump. However, in the event where you're really overflowing with rage (which shouldn't happen in normal circumstances if you're managing your rotation and rage correctly) you can use HS to bleed off some rage to avoid capping.