FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Modokk

Destro Lock with a few simple questions

Hey guys, I'm sure these have been answered before. I just can't seem to find the answers. So I've just started playing again and wanted to know what talent choice for LVL 100 should I be using SC or demonfire for raiding? I have no tier just LFR gear. My second question is how should I be using  Dimensional rift? on CD or saving for procs then using them all? any tips you can give would be great.

It depends on the fight. Wreck Havoc certainly has its place too. I only play Destro on 3 fights at the moment so most of my answers have come from log statistics and sometimes the most popular talent is not necessarily the best for progress and nearly all of these players will have the 4 set already and hence much better shard regen.

For Single Target (ST) like Trillax and Krosus go CDF. 

When you have the 4 set, belt and high shard regen you can go SC with Eradication for ST and that might ahead a bit but most people find that build more fun to play (sim and test first).

For Skorp it seems to be in SCs favour (even without the belt) though quite a few run with CDF. Ultimately try both and see what works for you and your group as I have never tried Destro here.

On CA, Spellblade, Star Augur and TIchondrius CDF seems to rule. Though I will say my guildy and a few others on the logs prefer Wreck Havoc on TIchondrius so don't discount that there.

For Botanist, Elisande and Gul'dan go Wreck Havoc. Though on the last boss fight a few more go with CDF on normal mode as adds probably do not live long (I preferred WH for sure though on progress).

For Rifts if there's a burst phase coming up or a Soul Harvest use or another buff I will keep 2 (if you do keep 2 then make sure you watch your stacks and use as soon as you cap). If I am not saving them then I will use on movement. On a fight where you are using Havoc then DPS wise overall you are best using your Rifts when you only have one target as they will not copy over (if you need to kill a target though ASAP pile those Rifts into them).

Edited by spikeysquad
  • Like 1

A few tips:

1) Since you are new, you probably havent filled out your artifact weapon traits yet.  Keep up on on the Artifact Knowledge research in the class hall to get to lvl 25 ASAP, so your playing generates the most Artifact Power.  Once you fill out your Destro weapon traits to 35, a good idea is to fill out the at least one other quickly, which gives you options for swapping.  At AK lvl 25 you can very quickly catch up a second weapon.

2) While it takes Tomes to change a *talent* in an instance, you can still swap *specs* anywhere while out  of combat.  For example, I do the earlier fights as Affliction and swap to Destro for the cleave/add fights Botanist, Ellisande and Guldan.  I didnt do that, however, till I got my Affliction weapon filled out as well.  Although when you can get better performance out of one spec is the actual tipping point, not when the artifact is filled out, so test it out from time to time.

3) Good times to use Rift charges are movement, trinket procs, cooldowns, or burst-damage-checks.  Try to avoid capping at 3 charges or at least use one as soon as you hit 3.

• Like 1