FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Meowl

Help with Frost DK DPS, to low

Hello There!

Im new to the game (Starting in Legion) and frost DK overall, and when i look at my dps i am not satisfied i feel like im really low overall (im aware of it)

Amory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Lunasaphira/advanced

Im doing my best to maintain this Rotation:
Howling blast, pillar of frost (horn of valor)  remorseless winter, (keeping it on cooldown) obliterate,Obliterate, if enough runic power and runes, then breath - spam obliterate and when rime procs, howling blast.  Hungering rune weapon - when runic power goes low. often fail by using hungering to soon(two at the same or close to eachother time) or to late- breath runs out.sindra, depening on fight, if i think i can use it twice or not. keep using oblit, and freezing when procs.

BoS Spec. (i was using Freezing fog instead of horn of winter, i have simmed it to do a little bit less, but on some aoe i felt like it was nice to not have an extra button to press)

Logs:  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tmPGYV4k6g7BWzbw#

(im aware of not using pre pots and flask on some fights, but my dps should be higher nomatter what)

I was comparing myself to the other DK in the raid, and i was not satisfied with my own perfomance
(Im aware of i am supposed to link his armory but his character doesn't come up)

2nd question: Im aware of my legendaries being really good, i have just looted Kil'jaedens burning wish, should i replace any legendaries for the trinket?

h4lp.

Regards,

Lunasaphira

Edited by Lunasaphira

Alright so looking at Trilliax. You had a rather long period of time where you sat on a rime proc, it may have expired. I'm not really sure why but there is a part where you havea killing machine proc for like 30 seconds which is a huge dps loss. I'm not really sure why you didn't use HRW during your breath of sindragosa you only had a 7% up time. And you only had 1 cast of Remorseless winter.

what i'm assuming your problem is it seems you're spamming howling blast and not obliterate. Despite the adds on that fight it's a single target fight and you should be mainly obliterating, unless you have a rime proc of course. Mark of the Hidden Sytr isn't the best enchant for neck I would suggest mark of the claw.

13 hours ago, Lunasaphira said:

BoS Spec. (i was using Freezing fog instead of horn of winter, i have simmed it to do a little bit less, but on some aoe i felt like it was nice to not have an extra button to press)

2nd question: Im aware of my legendaries being really good, i have just looted Kil'jaedens burning wish, should i replace any legendaries for the trinket?

Now that you have T19 x 2 I would switch to Freezing Fog permanently. (if you had the helm, you should have been on it beforehand)

Only the helm and bracers are a DPS improvement over the waist, but don't drop the waist until you have Convergence trinket.

Seal is best legendary for BoS and will only be more valuable with T20. Especially as the helm is getting lined up for a nerf.

You might need some Weak Aura's to help you track timers for BoS and for your other bits as well.

HAve a look at this and find one that you like and suits you.

On 9.3.2017 at 10:50 AM, Browed said:

Now that you have T19 x 2 I would switch to Freezing Fog permanently. (if you had the helm, you should have been on it beforehand)

Only the helm and bracers are a DPS improvement over the waist, but don't drop the waist until you have Convergence trinket.

Seal is best legendary for BoS and will only be more valuable with T20. Especially as the helm is getting lined up for a nerf.

Ring and Waist are BiS.

After that helm then bracers.

Edited by Prrp

9 minutes ago, Prrp said:

Ring and Waist are BiS.

After that helm then bracers.

Posted Theorycrafts on YouTube, you should watch that ;)

rofl, I'm here to help the OP with current patch, I don't care what your 7.2 theorycraft is, it's still subject to heavy change and pretty worthless here.

Not doing great with first impressions dude.... spam and then arrogance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Browed said:

rofl, I'm here to help the OP with current patch, I don't care what your 7.2 theorycraft is, it's still subject to heavy change and pretty worthless here.

Not doing great with first impressions dude.... spam and then arrogance.

sorry was not ment to be arrogant! :)

and i was speaking of 7.1.5, i dont know why you think i am speaking of 7.2

8 minutes ago, Prrp said:

and i was speaking of 7.1.5, i dont know why you think i am speaking of 7.2

Well you said Waist and Ring are BiS which in 7.2 will be true.. until then it's Helm and Ring for 7.1.5.

I think thats where a lot of sim/theorycrafting fails in a big way, raw numbers are one thing but the simple facts are:

The vast majority of ST top parses use the helm and it's even more pronounced for AoE fights (understandable).

The reality of the T19 x 4 synergy with helm is that Rime is a way to keep BoS going at range/during movement phases AND is using spare GCDs that would otherwise naturally go to FS so it makes eating those procs even more valuable and therefore increases the value of the helm as a secondary effect.

Edited by Browed
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Browed said:

Well you said Waist and Ring are BiS which in 7.2 will be true.. until then it's Helm and Ring for 7.1.5.

Do you have a theorycraft about that?

Made my own and came to another result than you.

The bonus damage (and RP from Rime) from the helm is more consistent and for BoS extension is far more reliable usage of that GCD than to squeeze what 'could' be risky extra Obliterates that generate zero runes from either waist proc or ME.

I know that you haven't suggested using Obliterate over Rime, that's not my point... the weight I'm adding is that with Rime gaining so much importance from T19 x 4 it's hard to imagine a situation where the waist comes out on top due to the RNG element and in 7.2 the reduction in HRW/ERW cooldown will just mean a semi-return to the situation prior to T19 x 4 where you need the extra runes for RP either from the waist or from Horn of Winter but just less so.

I'd say on that basis 7.2 (as it stands) will be Ring > Waist/Bracers > Helm.

Mainly because the T20 and trait changes mean that you can spec Icecap again if you wish.. at least it's nearer the table (Runefrost is looking more attractive now that PTR has it at +40% when maxed out).

Lining up Pillar + ERW (+20% dmg) x 2 with reduced CD + Icecap may even keep some of the hybrid builds in touch but that remains to be seen.

Edited by Browed