Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stan

wow Patch 7.2 - Catching Up With Gear

17 posts in this topic

U1NbTLc.jpg

It doesn't matter if you're a returning player or play several characters that need gear. Patch 7.2 has a lot of catch-up mechanisms to help you gear up quickly!

Broken Shore

• Dauntless items are 850+ (they drop in new scenarios, from new rares or can be purchased for 1,000 Nethershards)
  • Relinquished items can be purchased for 5,000 Nethershards. They have a chance to contain a Legendary item. Item level TBA

Class Hall Items

• Can be upgraded to 870 with new kits e.g. Farseer's Grandiose Armor KitFarseer's Grandiose Armor Kit (World Quest reward)
    • There's no need to purchase upgrade tokens for Order Resources, just the base version of the item

Dungeons

• Normal dungeons had their item level increased to 825+
  • Heroic dungeons got their drops increased to 845+
  • Mythic dungeons will now drop 865+ item level gear

Legendary Items

• All Legendary items had their level requirement reduced to 101
  • You can now craft Legendary items (item level 910)
    • It seems you'll still need to complete Touch of a Titan to upgrade them to 940

Professions

• All item level 815 crafted end-game gear will now be crafted at item level 835
  • All existing items between item levels 815-830 will retain their existing item level. The first application of ObliterumObliterum will bring them up to 840, and the ObliterumObliterum cap has been increased to iLvl 875

Raids

• Tomb of Sargeras
    • Raid Finder: 870+ - 880+
    • Normal: 885+ - 895+
    • Heroic: 900+ - 910+
    • Mythic: 915+ - 925+

Legendary Items

• All Legendary items had their level requirement reduced to 101

World Bosses

• New World Bosses [Loot Info] drop items with item level 890+

World Quests

• Broken Isles World Quest rewards now scale to item level 860 (was item level 845)

Dungeon difficulty remains the same despite increased ilv rewards, right?
Will be really helpful to me for getting my Warrior and Druid Mythic+-ready, want to get them to 110 sooner or later so I can tank or heal but the early gearing process feels so painful right now heh. Cant hope to compete against everyone else in 840-850 :p

1 minute ago, Ammako said:

Dungeon difficulty remains the same despite increased ilv rewards, right?
Will be really helpful to me for getting my Warrior and Druid Mythic+-ready, want to get them to 110 sooner or later so I can tank or heal but the early gearing process feels so painful right now heh. Cant hope to compete against everyone else in 840-850 :p

Enemies’ damage and health have been increased for all Heroic and Mythic dungeons.

Meh so now instead of needing 850-860 to do lower mythics I'll need higher lol.

Assuming this includes M+?

So basically this is kinda like stat squish, except here the numbers increase instead, but nothing actually changes.

Oh well.

Ammako it is really easy to gear right now.Not sure what you mean by it being painful.My Warrior is 880 and he has been 110 for less than a month.In the first week i had him to 860 if i remember right.I did most of that on my own then once i got some gear i ran stuff with guild.I got lucky with getting a legendary early though so that bumped me up i guess.

3 hours ago, Bigcountry said:

Ammako it is really easy to gear right now.Not sure what you mean by it being painful.My Warrior is 880 and he has been 110 for less than a month.In the first week i had him to 860 if i remember right.I did most of that on my own then once i got some gear i ran stuff with guild.I got lucky with getting a legendary early though so that bumped me up i guess.

About the early legendary, the first one has a huge increased drop change, after that it goes down. But yea, its rly easy to gear atm if you´ve got a guild that you can play with / carry.

Dungeons run by overgeared players, DPS are tanking, bosses die within a minute. The same overgeared players will keep running it for their AP bonus. It may take slightly longer to get things done, but at the end of the day, results are the same.

Yeah that's nice and all but not everyone has friends who will spend extra time on the game playing just to carry every single alt you level up through content you're 100% not meant for yet and funnel all the gear to you. I'm not entitled enough to believe that I deserve a group of people going way out of their way to carry me though high-level content and funnel every piece of gear to me. If people wanted to do that sure (although I would feel really bad about it), but I'm not gonna look for guilds with the expectation that they'll boost all my alts.

No, I'll play with my current guild, have fun doing what I have. Before you tell me to "get a better guild and stop complaining then" realize I wasn't even complaining in the first place... It was a simple observation. I'm happy with them right now, I'm happy with one guild, don't feel like I need to look for more. I can likely get to ~840 within a month or so, at which point I can probably start healing/tanking +2's and +3's and move up from there as I get gear, I just wish I could get to doing higher ones quicker but it'll take me longer to get there.

Raids won't really be affected by this though, with 7.2 I can get to 865 way quicker and then I can try my hand at tanking in a raid, or healing. That ought to be fun but we don't even know when 7.2 will hit heh.

(Allow me to have my doubts about you getting to 860 within a week of getting to 110, without your guild carrying you... something tells me you just picked gear for it's ilv without bothering with itemization, either. Of course if you legitimately can do that in a week, for decently itemized gear, without relying on loot luck + heavy titanforged luck, without spending 500k on crafted gear, you are welcome to write a guide for it and I'm sure people will be appreciative of it, me included.)

14 minutes ago, Ammako said:

(Allow me to have my doubts about you getting to 860 within a week of getting to 110, without your guild carrying you... something tells me you just picked gear for it's ilv without bothering with itemization, either. Of course if you legitimately can do that in a week, for decently itemized gear, without relying on loot luck + heavy titanforged luck, without spending 500k on crafted gear, you are welcome to write a guide for it and I'm sure people will be appreciative of it, me included.)

This is outrageous.

I just hit 865 with third relic on a char I hit 110 on 4 days ago. No guild help. Didn't spend 500k (spent about 25k), 2 decent tforges in LFR, and generosity of other players. 865 ilvl is better than 840 ilvl whatever itemization, however according to the icy veins guide I could be doing considerably worse.

Posted (edited)

You clearly have 0 experience with alts Ammako, or just simple doing it all wrong.
Got my sixth alt to 875 in less then 5 days after dining lvl 110 (mage). The process:
Bought some cheap items from AH to get to hc dungeon level immediatly, then completed my order hall campaign up to the 5 4-hour long missions, started doing hc dungeons until RF EN was accessible, asked for the loots that people don't need, got to RF ToV level, ran a few mythic dungeons until i got RF NH ilvl, after that it was a piece of cake to go up to ilvl 860. That is enough gear to do EN, ToV and NH on normal difficulty. Done normal NH yesterday, have the 4 piece set bonus, Gul'dan trinket. No legendary yet sadly.

Not necessery to get boosted, done it on my own.

Edited by Luchen

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Darthor said:

This is outrageous.

I just hit 865 with third relic on a char I hit 110 on 4 days ago. No guild help. Didn't spend 500k (spent about 25k), 2 decent tforges in LFR, and generosity of other players. 865 ilvl is better than 840 ilvl whatever itemization, however according to the icy veins guide I could be doing considerably worse.

So instead you'll just get outraged and not give any insight at all on how you do it...? This relies on being really lucky with loot, again...

Outrageous that I can't just snap my fingers and get incredible titanforged gear in LFR within 4 days of hitting 110 on all my alts? Generosity of other players is pretty much the same as a guilds giving you their loot but w/e.

But hey if you want to get outraged over someone not knowing how to reach 860 from fresh 110 within a week solo in a video game, be my guest. There are better things to get outraged about but that's just me.

1 hour ago, Luchen said:

You clearly have 0 experience with alts Ammako, or just simple doing it all wrong.
Got my sixth alt to 875 in less then 5 days after dining lvl 110 (mage). The process:
Bought some cheap items from AH to get to hc dungeon level immediatly, then completed my order hall campaign up to the 5 4-hour long missions, started doing hc dungeons until RF EN was accessible, asked for the loots that people don't need, got to RF ToV level, ran a few mythic dungeons until i got RF NH ilvl, after that it was a piece of cake to go up to ilvl 860. That is enough gear to do EN, ToV and NH on normal difficulty. Done normal NH yesterday, have the 4 piece set bonus, Gul'dan trinket. No legendary yet sadly.

Not necessery to get boosted, done it on my own.

This can be done, but relies on getting lucky enough to get all that loot. If you don't have the loot luck, and if other players don't have the loot luck/prefer getting Chaos Crystals over giving away their epics, you'll be stuck for longer.

Funny how that goes, I ask how it's done and turns out everyone relies on either guildies or random strangers giving them their loot...

You could reach 840 fairly easily within a few weeks, less depending on loot luck in Mythics, or you could boost yourself up a bit with crafted gear, at which point you can start receiving 860s from NH LFR... but unless you are insanely lucky you won't get a piece of decent loot off every single boss in one lockout and even if you did, that doesn't give you quite enough gear to get you to 860 (and some pieces in there don't have the best itemisation for all specs, either. So chances are you'll get pieces that you'd be better off not equipping.)

Realistically speaking you can expect it to take a couple weeks at least... did some people get really lucky with loot, and with people giving them their LFR loot, and manage to do it within a week? Maybe? Doesn't mean it's the norm.

(Mentioning that you did Normal NH yesterday and got 4pc + Gul'dan trinket isn't really relevant, unless you're telling me you did this within a week or two, which again brings us back to "you need to be really lucky or rely on other people giving you their loot to get there.")

Edited by Ammako

It really just depends on how lucky you are with early LFR and wq rewards. I've had alts get to 870 in a week, others are still stuck in the 850s

1 person likes this

Just to add to the conversation I have to agree, my Rogue dinged 110 a week ago and she currently is 850 ilvl, that's not that high but that's with no lego's, 1 drop from NH lfr and only a handful of mythics. It's just super easy, honestly the hardest part in my opinion is if you don't want to spend gold then getting above 810 can be a bit rough if your unlucky.

Posted (edited)

Ok, not to bring you down Ammako*, but gearing really IS supereasy. I would supposedly say that I'm quite seasoned in gearing alts and this is what I always do (solo) and I've done again this weekend - since gearing is too darn easy:

Yesterday I dinged my 12th (comletionist yes) 110 char (Rogue), which is now 848 ilvl with poor relic in one and not even unlocked the 3rd slot.
First thing I do, or actually I do it on beforehand is to craft whatever parts I can spare on my other alts (always limited by poor amounts of blood of sargeras due to too many alts geared :D). I have a JC and a LW which helps a bit. This to get me into HCs (810 cap) asap. While queueing up for HCs I continuously do WQs (which have more than enough generosity in itemization). WIthin the next few hours I'm in EN LFR. Wasn't lucky at all with drops but a few nice ppl were generous enough, since I asked nicely. Continued to do a few more WQs and voila you're into Trial of Valor LFR. Same story repeats itself. Off to do world boss, and more WQs. Then all of a sudden you're in Nighthold LFR. If you're lucky enough you'll be in the 840 range after that and ofc bring all your bonus-rolls for this. Less than a day spent in 110.
This is nothing about luck or anything, it's just plain strategy and gearing is extremely easy now. This ilvl won't get me into normal raids however but it will deffo get me into some mythics and there ya go - more loots. This even works as a DPS-class.

Now YOU on the other hand are talking about getting a tank and a healer up. You'll get into mythics grps waay easier than my DPS-toons did. SO don't worry and just do the stuff that's available and you'll be able to gear those alts of yours nice and easy and QUICK - SOLO, with no aid/boost from guildies etc.

PS. I still have the exact amount of gold I had when I dinged yesterday (so spent a little but also earned a little)

*edited when I realised it wasn't the TC that wrote the downside 

Edited by Maltharion

20 hours ago, Ammako said:

This can be done, but relies on getting lucky enough to get all that loot. If you don't have the loot luck, and if other players don't have the loot luck/prefer getting Chaos Crystals over giving away their epics, you'll be stuck for longer.

Funny how that goes, I ask how it's done and turns out everyone relies on either guildies or random strangers giving them their loot...

You do understand that this is an MMORPG, not a single player game, right? Even so, this does not require you to do all that much work. World quests and emissary caches drop loot. Board missions give dungeon and raid quests. Your class hall gear can be upgraded. Spam Mythic plus 2 and 3 invites on Monday night when nobody cares. Target bonus rolls (you get three per week) on specific bosses that you need loot from. Do Karazhan. Do LFR. Do Heroics whenever there is cache for tanks or healers (not the caches drop gear, but they drop AP and you're doing another dungeon with a chance to warforge or titanforge.)

You just have to put in the time, and realistically, it doesn't take that long. get a world quest addon so you can filter gear drops, map out a route in a zone, fly to the start and go. twenty minutes to a half hour in each zone (at most, normally it only takes about ten to fifteen minutes.) Same with emissary quests, map out the four quickest quests in the zone and go. 

Posted (edited)

I have a fulltime corporate job; so I'm not playing all day long.  Every alt I have (tanks/healers/dps) was able to get 860+ (through mostly solo content) within a few days of hitting 110.  Gear is not an issue...

I never buy gear.

Edit: Relics and Legendaries are the only obstacles!  :p

Edited by Ancalagon