Siral1980

Retribution (Ilvl 889) - Single Target Problems

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, 1st post here.

Since NH started I've changed my main spec from Holy to Retribution.

My first problem is that I still not have 2nd useful legendary (got the ring, but have only Movement Boots as other legendary).

In AOE fight (like Skorpyron or even Auriel where you need to kill frost and arcane adds fast) I'm Always in top 3 and often got 75%+ ILVL performance on warcraftlogs.

In ST fight I have awful performance (never over 50% ILVL performance).

My main concerns are:

1) Talent Build for ST: I'm using ES, Zeal (4 pcs. T19) and Blade of Wrath. Is this the optimal build?

2) Trinket: I've got CoF 875, Unstable Arcanocrystal 860, CotCS 870, Entwined 875 (no Faulty Countermeasure, VOTW hates me). What trinkets you suggest to use?

3) Stat priority: using SIMC for my toon, I see a lot of different values and i'm a little confused. Just changing 1 trinket or 1 talent, Haste Mastery and Crit weights changes a lot (Vers tends to stay in 1st place in all sims). What stat priority you suggest for ST fights?

4) Crusade use: since I use CoF, I use Crusade at every CD possible and not saving it for specific moments in fight. Is this a big mistake?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/character/pozzo-delleternita/Sìral/simple

This is my last log from Krosus HC: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YxNAnDWqR2KHGhm7#fight=19&type=damage-done

P.S.

My guild is not oriented in fast progress, but I'd like to improve my personal performance :)

Hi,

Never use Zeal for Singletarget fights, because of the higher CD and you miss the 15% Chance of Holy Power Consumption Reduction. Zeal is good for the fight against the Botanist.

My suggestion for your trinkets are, use your CoF and for singletarget Entwined and multitarget CoCS.

The only time to save your Crusade is, when it is predictable that there will be a damagestop. Just like phase-switching at Elisande or Guldan. Otherwise use it at any possibilty.

There is another very important Point. What Relics do you have in your Weapon?

right away i see a problem with your spec dont run zeal and divine hammers together you will not get enough holy power generation youll wanna be running fires of justice with divine hammers then your stats look ok though personally i prefer less mastery i run 38% crit 21% haste 24% mastery and 5% vers as for trinkets ive sound that Claw and Faulty work best ya may wanna do the 100+ VoTW farm like i did >.> it hated me to

Update: got HC Tier chest and CoCS 890 Yesterday.

Thx for the advices.

Zeal: I've read that when you have 4-pcs bonus Zeal is suggested in all fights and for this reason I use it (besides Krosus and Trilliax every other fight have some moments where AOE or cleave is relevant).

I'll try to use FoJ to improve HP generation.

49 minutes ago, Siral1980 said:

Update: got HC Tier chest and CoCS 890 Yesterday.

Thx for the advices.

Zeal: I've read that when you have 4-pcs bonus Zeal is suggested in all fights and for this reason I use it (besides Krosus and Trilliax every other fight have some moments where AOE or cleave is relevant).

I'll try to use FoJ to improve HP generation.

i don't know where you read that but its wrong you can go check all the top parses on warcraft logs and youll see its fires and divine hammers not a single zeal for anything if you read that on noxxic that may be your problem ive been hearing people get interesting things from there a lot lately and gz on your 2 new pieces

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/retribution-paladin-pve-dps-spec-builds-talents

The best single target DPS choice is The Fires of Justice IconThe Fires of Justice (and a reasonable default choice in general), and its value is increased further when you have the Whisper of the Nathrezim IconWhisper of the Nathrezim legendary cloak. That said, with the 4-Part Tier 19 Set Bonus, Zeal IconZeal is the best choice here.

I've read here on Icy Veins :P

Zeal is only a good choice if you run blade of wrath with it you should not have zeal and divine hammers this will keep your holy power generation up  and yes i see that now but you can check it in simcraft you can either do zeal and blade of wrath or fires of justice and divine hammers but not a mix of both if you do youll lose about 10-15k dps

Edited by Lamuria
clarification

These are the worse recommendations I have ever read.

Easiest and most adaptive talent build is this:

• Final Verdict
  • The Fires of Justice
  • Divine Hammer
  • Crusader

This is because, the mixture of AOE and single target flexibility in these talents, Final Verdict is simming better than Execution Sentence again, for the strangest reason. Fires of Justice is very obvious for single target and it helps produce more Divine Storms, which is way more DPS than Zeal and Judgment. Divine Hammer is only very very slightly weaker than Blade of Wrath on single target, where as nearly all the encounters, you will find the additional splash dps to compensate. Crusader is by far the most powerful talent on that row.

If you're struggling with your rotation, get Hekili installed.

Key points: Use Trinkets wisely, Non-Switching target trinkets like eye is very ill advised on a lot of fights. Faulty Countermeasure is great on single target. Draught of Souls Use ability is a flat DPS loss. Never use it unless you have nothing to do.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MarcHethrusWaters
      Maximum Effort is a new guild on Cenarion circle (A). I was the raid leader for my guild for a long time and we built up a strong raid team. Due to do some dis-agreements between me and the guild leader I was forced to leave. But luckly enough a lot of my team followed me! We're working to build a guild focused around team work and group progression. We love doing mythics, raids, talking and theory crafting about the game!
      We have a very strong-core raid group, capable of clearing heroic and doing some mythic but we're just missing a few people to round it out!
      Raid nights.. Tue/wed 6-830pm server (9:30-11:30 est) Off night Monday 6-830pm server (9-11:30 est)
      Looking for.. -Any and all dps specs
      - Non pally or holy priest healer!
      All raid mats and needs are covered by guild, we run personal look just for the ease of it.
      My btag is Hethrus#1504 if you have questions or wish to try out!
    • By MarcHethrusWaters
      Maximum Effort is a new guild on Cenarion circle (A). I was the raid leader for my guild for a long time and we built up a strong raid team. Due to do some dis-agreements between me and the guild leader I was forced to leave. But luckly enough a lot of my team followed me! We're working to build a guild focused around team work and group progression. We love doing mythics, raids, talking and theory crafting about the game!
      We have a very strong-core raid group, capable of clearing heroic and doing some mythic but we're just missing a few people to round it out!
      Raid nights.. Tue/wed 6-830pm server (9:30-11:30 est) Off night Monday 6-830pm server (9-11:30 est)
      Looking for.. -Any and all dps specs -possibly a raid healer
      All raid mats and needs are covered by guild, we run personal look just for the ease of it.
      My btag is Hethrus#1504 if you have questions or wish to try out!
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 920~ ilvl
      - 52+ traits.
      - 3/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made..
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Death Knight: Blood.
      Druid: Guardian and Balance.
      Hunter: MM/BM.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Rogue: Open.
      Warlock: Open.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Maplefire
      Looking for a fun progression guild? Hordeland Security could be your new home! We started at launch, and have raided on Blackhand, Baelgun, and now Turalyon. 

We currently raid on Tuesdays and Thursdays 19:00- 21:15 CDT. We understand that no one has an unlimited amount of time to play. Our raiders know when to goof around and when to be serious.
      Interested? Drop us a line!
      Deputy Raid Leader: Duerdon#1111
      Director: Saffy#1122
      -or-
      lil ol' me - Maplefire#1200 - (mention you're from the Icy Veins thread so my brain won't explode)
      http://www.hordelandsecurity.org
      (forgive the Pandaran background - web designer is on a looooong break)
      Thanks for your consideration - happy raiding!
    • By Nobbykinz
      Autumn Mist is a raiding & social guild looking for players like you.
      http://www.autumn-mist.net

We are mostly searching to increase our DPS raid team so we can advance further through Heroic Tos and onto Mythic.
      We are a very active guild with events on most days:
      We are a very active guild with events on most days for example:

Wed: Day of Reset
      Thurs: TOS Heroic
      Fri: Mythic + night
      Sat: TOS N
      Sun: Gear up sunday + TOS Heroic
      Mon: NH HC
      Tues: Transmog Tuesday

All starting at 8pm Server time other then the whole day events and posted in the calender.
      Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.