FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nigtmare90

spec pve rogue 5.4

with full gear Tier15 HEROIC.

Combat > Subtlety > Assassination.

Please conciderate the loose of 6-7% Mastery with 5.4 .

with 529 ilvl (my gear) and 2 daggers it's Subtlety because Combat is amazing only with two 2.60s (Axe, Sword, Fist..) .

I have played Subtlety on 8/14 encounters SoO (PTR) and it's no difficult !

Edited by NismaYsondre

The best spec for YOU is probably going to be whatever spec you already know and have gear for. I can tell you from personal experience that learning a new spec while also learning a new fight's mechanics is generally not a fun experience.

Probably Assassination is going to be the most played spec, as always, Combat is a viable choice too. Subtlety has never been a competitive spec: too much positioning requirements and a sloppy rotation (even if it's funny).

As Moblin said stick to the spec you've played until now or go combat if u get 2.6 weapons.

If you want to know which does the most damage, assasination does the most single target damage then combat and sub lastly. I think it would be obvious combat would be superior for 2-4 mobs.   

Sub doesnt seem to do enough damage. I dont know much about rogues as I play one as an alt so Im just going by the damage off world of logs 25 man normal.

Edited by trieu

Sub has a significantly higher skill-curve than the other two specs, but I personally find it the most fun to play. As far as it never having been competitive, Sub was VERy competitive in Heroic DS gear, when AP scaling made Hemo hit harder than Backstab and we, and ESPECIALLY if you had your Fangs.