Thefam

7.1.5 Fury dps help!!

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

I am in need of some help with my DPS. It is clearly lacking.

 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Thefam/simple This is my character (still in the gearing process).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cyXmL7K6xDjd9Ynk#fight=17&type=damage-done&source=13 Augur

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cyXmL7K6xDjd9Ynk#fight=34&type=damage-done&source=13 Krosus

(These charts were taken ranging from 880 to 886 (I completed regular NH last night and went up 6 ilvl from beginning to end).

Currently my single target opener is Might of Krosus, Odyns, Raging blow, Bloordthirst, and furious slash up to 100 rage, rampage, battle cry, rampage and then filtering between the following move priority 1, Raging blow 2. Bloodthirst. 3. Furious Slash. I add in damage cooldowns along with major CD abilities (Odens, rampage, etc). Once at 20% execute spam with Raging blow and blood thirst to maintain rage needed to execute.

My AOE rotation is the my single target while adding whirlwind and using bloodthirst to get the aoe proc until I reach 100 rage and then whirlwind followed by rampage

I am averaging about 360k DPS when my sim craft says I should be pushing 480. 

I think my main problem is high item level with the wrong stats (a lot of crit rather than haste). 

 

I am looking to improve the most. I want to be a reliable high dps for a heroic/mythic guild once I have the item level and I think it is important to get my rotation and DPS in check now. 

 

Any criticism is greatly appreciated and I look forward to your responses. 


If it is easier I am also willing to chat on real ID

Edited by Thefam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thefam said:

Currently my single target opener is Might of Krosus, Odyns, Raging blow, Bloordthirst, and furious slash up to 100 rage, rampage, battle cry, rampage and then filtering

Good afternoon, Thefam

Without sounding too mean, I simply want to say you're half-assed backwards in rotation. I took a look at your Krosus log and, in combination with the quoted text, I don't really need to see anything else.

For starters, Krosus is one of the three purely single target encounters (Trilliax and Auger being the other two). Your choice of Wrecking Ball is incorrect; you should choose Avatar.

I would highly recommend you take a look at Archimtiros's guide on MMO-Champion pertaining to Fury Warriors. You can find it by clicking here. It is extremely informative and the way to approach your Fury Warrior.

================================

Your opener should be as follows:

Cooldownds (Avatar + Battle Cry) -> Rampage -> Raging Blow -> Odyn's Fury -> Bloodthirst -> Raging Blow

From there, your priorities should be

  • Rampage (Strictly at 100 Rage)
  • Raging Blow
  • Bloodthirst
  • Furious Slash

Note that this is a priority system; not a strict rotation.

Concerning your Execute rotation, using Frothing Berserker:

  • Execute
  • Bloodthirst
  • Raging Blow

You use Execute to build (and maintain) Juggernaut stacks while using Bloothirst and Raging Blow to gain the rage needed to cast Execute.

================================

On-use trinkets such as the one you have can be macro'd together with Bloodthirst or saved for your CD window; it just depends on the trinket. Some have very specific uses (like Draught of Souls) but that's another topic. I wouldn't recommend opening up with your trinket, though, such as you have listed.

A key to help in your rotation and noticing the flow of it is the ability to monitor your buffs; this is done through addons like Weak Auras or Tell Me When. Knowing when you're Enraged, when you have a free cast of Execute, your Juggernaut stacks, etc... very useful.

I would work on relearning your priority list in your opener and rotation before worrying about too much about stats or gear.

I hope this helps and, should you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sajakain said:

Good afternoon, Thefam

Without sounding too mean, I simply want to say you're half-assed backwards in rotation. I took a look at your Krosus log and, in combination with the quoted text, I don't really need to see anything else.

For starters, Krosus is one of the three purely single target encounters (Trilliax and Auger being the other two). Your choice of Wrecking Ball is incorrect; you should choose Avatar.

I would highly recommend you take a look at Archimtiros's guide on MMO-Champion pertaining to Fury Warriors. You can find it by clicking here. It is extremely informative and the way to approach your Fury Warrior.

================================

Your opener should be as follows:

Cooldownds (Avatar + Battle Cry) -> Rampage -> Raging Blow -> Odyn's Fury -> Bloodthirst -> Raging Blow

From there, your priorities should be

  • Rampage (Strictly at 100 Rage)
  • Raging Blow
  • Bloodthirst
  • Furious Slash

Note that this is a priority system; not a strict rotation.

Concerning your Execute rotation, using Frothing Berserker:

  • Execute
  • Bloodthirst
  • Raging Blow

You use Execute to build (and maintain) Juggernaut stacks while using Bloothirst and Raging Blow to gain the rage needed to cast Execute.

================================

On-use trinkets such as the one you have can be macro'd together with Bloodthirst or saved for your CD window; it just depends on the trinket. Some have very specific uses (like Draught of Souls) but that's another topic. I wouldn't recommend opening up with your trinket, though, such as you have listed.

A key to help in your rotation and noticing the flow of it is the ability to monitor your buffs; this is done through addons like Weak Auras or Tell Me When. Knowing when you're Enraged, when you have a free cast of Execute, your Juggernaut stacks, etc... very useful.

I would work on relearning your priority list in your opener and rotation before worrying about too much about stats or gear.

I hope this helps and, should you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

 

Thank you for the reply! No offense taken as I am simply looking for help! I think I was a bit confusing with my rotation explanation, I have been following the priority list as listed. I think my CD management and opener need work. I will start using avatar now as well.

I am downloading addons to manage my CD's better as I type.

Will fixing up the CD management increase my enrage up time? I'm averaging 62% right now.

 

Edited by Thefam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Thefam said:

Will fixing up the CD management increase my enrage up time? I'm averaging 62% right now.

Maintaining your rotation properly through the priority system will raise your uptime on Enrage. During your Execute phase you'll see it drop off. I checked my kill this week on Normal Krosus (Log here, if interested) and I had almost 81% uptime.

Uptime is based on RNG, to some extent gear to the other extent. For instance, I have my 4PC. (Increases the duration of Enrage by 1.5 seconds). Another thing; making sure you stand behind the boss. (Yes, I realize we can't do that on Krosus, lol). Otherwise, if you're in front of the boss, even if the Bloodthirst crits it won't Enrage you if it's blocked. You can't be blocked if you're behind your target.

These things combined will naturally raise your uptime on Enrage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.