Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stan

wow Patch 7.2 Background Download Available

14 posts in this topic

726fs3B.jpg

Patch 7.2 is now available in the Battle.net app as background download. When can we expect it go live?

9b9OEF0.jpg

Patch 7.2 Release Date

• This week, Blizzard added the quest "An Urgent Warning" to Class Order Halls that hints at 7.2 and the Broken Shore
  • Season 3 items are tied to Patch 7.2
  • TL;DR
    • Patch 7.1.5 does not contain Season 3 items so the latest date for 7.2 to go live is the day when Season 3 starts.
  • Patch 7.2 PTR
    • Having played so much on PTR, I'd say the patch is pretty close to release and receives final updates.

Blizzard tweeted that there were no plans to start Season 3 this or next week, so the week of March 28 seems to be the date to look out for.

Placeholder for tweet 84172969779277004

I really hope soon (your suggested 28th would be fine). I realize Tomb isn't going to be open at launch but I'm sorta bored right now. The suramar quest got wrapped up pre nighthold launch and even though nighthold was a fine raid, I have no complaints, its luster has run off for me already. So some new stuff to do would be awesome, plus the faction mounts finally being implemented is exciting, especially the stormdrake. I am horribad at pvp, I que for a bg and it just mercy kills us immediately, its like "nope you got ardvark on your team, we gonna save you 15 minutes and end this now" so I have no hope of getting the pvp stormdrake ones. 

1 person likes this

I just finished all my traits and saw the downloadeder the next day. My casual boo face can't stop crying now. 

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed the new patch will be rolling out already.  I mean, I came back to WoW for the legion expansion and granted I came back a little late, I feel like I have been trying to play catch up since December.  I just recently switched from playing my fury warrior to playing enhancement shaman as my main, and I really want to be fully caught up when the new patch hits.

I hate when your playing catch up and all the 1-2 month old content is all dried up.  It loses a lot of the fun when everyone in the group is way over geared and the content isnt challenging anymore.  Of course I understand that some people aren't playing catchup and have been caught up throughout the expansion, but I feel there is a large majority of casual players who never really get to experience the new content firsthand because they cannot keep up with the pace of the content.

15 minutes ago, Girthquakes said:

Of course I understand that some people aren't playing catchup and have been caught up throughout the expansion, but I feel there is a large majority of casual players who never really get to experience the new content firsthand because they cannot keep up with the pace of the content.

...and a huge number of players who have been playing the entire expansion are feeling the content to be just about right, in comparison to Warlods, where there was virtually no new content and the only people who that appeased were the ones who rarely played.

37 minutes ago, Girthquakes said:

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed the new patch will be rolling out already.  I mean, I came back to WoW for the legion expansion and granted I came back a little late, I feel like I have been trying to play catch up since December.  I just recently switched from playing my fury warrior to playing enhancement shaman as my main, and I really want to be fully caught up when the new patch hits.

I hate when your playing catch up and all the 1-2 month old content is all dried up.  It loses a lot of the fun when everyone in the group is way over geared and the content isnt challenging anymore.  Of course I understand that some people aren't playing catchup and have been caught up throughout the expansion, but I feel there is a large majority of casual players who never really get to experience the new content firsthand because they cannot keep up with the pace of the content.

your own fault when you dont play and then try to catch up.. people who play since legion launch are starving for new content

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, PatrickHenry said:

...and a huge number of players who have been playing the entire expansion are feeling the content to be just about right, in comparison to Warlods, where there was virtually no new content and the only people who that appeased were the ones who rarely played.

41 minutes ago, RoseZ12 said:

your own fault when you dont play and then try to catch up.. people who play since legion launch are starving for new content

I knew I would get responses like this, my point was that no matter what, some people will get left behind (who play too little) and some people will get bored (who play too much), and some people will play the perfect amount and be happy with the pace.  

Im not complaining or telling Blizz to speed up or slow down, just commenting on my perspective.  And how many people are really "starving for new content"?  Isn't there a huge portion of players that havent even completed Mythic NH?  If you haven't completed the hardest raid, how could you be starving for new content?  

WoW has released so much great content over the years, it just sucks that as soon as new content is released the old content loses its luster.  I started playing WoW during vanilla and got to raid MC, Onyxia's Lair, AQ40, etc. but I was on and off for several years.  For example I missed most of BC, played some WotK, played some MoP, missed all of WoD, and thats on me for not playing the game continuously for 12 years... but how many people have really played through every expansion?

I guess I'm just lamenting on the fact that I missed alot of great content and now I'll never really get to experience it the way it was meant to be enjoyed.  Now that I am into Legion and loving it, I am really trying to catch up and experience new content as it arrives, but I am having a little trouble catching up while maintaining regular life activities.  #nerdproblems

The reason your starving for content is  because they made it too easy to get gear.   No other expansion had 4 raids within a year of release.

Who else is ready for flying!? So over the achievement/rep grinding (which are all things all of us would do WITH flying anyways!) and waiting months after an expansion, like what has been introduced with the last two expansions....What happened to just letting us buy it after hitting max level?

Posted (edited)

I'm still not bored with the current patch and content. But if 7.2 is coming in the very near future I'll gladly have Blizzard serve me an encore. For me Legion has been the best expansion of Blizzard.

Edited by Destiny1979

8 hours ago, Girthquakes said:

Im not complaining or telling Blizz to speed up or slow down, just commenting on my perspective.  And how many people are really "starving for new content"?  Isn't there a huge portion of players that havent even completed Mythic NH?  If you haven't completed the hardest raid, how could you be starving for new content?  

If we follow your mind, you shouldnt give ANY feedback on pvp as well, if you're not 2.8k+.

No sir, you're wrong, lots of players already finished heroic, and dont give a real shit for mythic raiding, mostly because they have no reason to spend all of their money on food, repairs, prepots etc.

For me, my 'patch content' was finished when i completed my suramar questline and finished the entire nighthold.

Posted (edited)

More content is always good, but I can't help but wonder if they are releasing the raids too soon again. Many guilds are still progressing through Nighthold, and that will likely be abandoned once Tomb of Sargeras becomes available. It's a bit of a Catch-22, as too little content makes players leave because they are bored, and too much can make them feel overwhelmed.

This is more a matter of pacing than anything else. Blizzard tends to release raids too quickly, followed by very long content droughts as they prepare the next expansion. I would rather see them spaced out a bit better, or a small filler raid like Ruby Sanctum added in the interval between expansions so we always have something to do, rather than grinding out the same content a dozen times on alts.

Edited by Larssen

21 hours ago, Girthquakes said:

The catch up here isn't nearly as bad as WOD, when you had so much gated behind cooldowns. The difficulty is being raised for dungeons and dungeons are being added to the group finder so that content will become relevant again for awhile. Grinding AP and order hall resources is the only catch up stuff you have to worry about.

Does anyone knows in 7/2 will we be able to stack Tranmutages in stacks of 200??