FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Tomb of Sargeras - Chamber of the Avatar

tWhVjoV.jpg

The third LFR wing of the Tomb is now available for testing and has two bosses - Maiden of Vigilance and the Fallen Avatar of Sargeras! We uploaded videos of the encounters for preview.

Before you continue reading the article, please note that these videos may contain lore spoilers.

Chamber of the Avatar

Aegwynn sealed away the defeated Avatar of Sargeras deep beneath the Tomb, but that fearsome husk now begins to stir...

Encounters

Maiden of Vigilance

• Charged by Aegwynn to defend the Tomb of Sargeras, the Maiden of Vigilance has stood watch for hundreds of years. Yet, the guardian did not foresee what effect that avatar's seeping fel energy would have on this titan construct. Slowly warped by this maleficence, the Maiden now seeks to destroy any in her path.

Fallen Avatar

• When Aegwynn defeated the Avatar of Sargeras, she was unable to destroy his avatar. In an effort to seal it away, the armor was entombed beneath the Temple of Elune, where it remained dormant for hundreds of years. Now, with the Legion tearing down the tomb's barriers, Kil'jaeden is in a position to reanimate the armor and unleash its power on Azeroth.

Loot Information

• Item level 875+, Fallen Avatar drops Tier 20 shoulders.

Maiden of Vigilance

Make sure to watch the video until the end, where you can see awakening of the Fallen Avatar.

Fallen Avatar

• Like 1

Fallen avatar looks just awesome. Can't wait for that fight. Also today is my birthday, irrelevant to this post BUT IM TELLING EVERYONE!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, demonardvark said:

Fallen avatar looks just awesome. Can't wait for that fight. Also today is my birthday, irrelevant to this post BUT IM TELLING EVERYONE!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! ^_^

6 hours ago, demonardvark said:

Happy birthday dude

1 hour ago, Projektmage said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! ^_^

12 minutes ago, Dejo93 said:

Happy birthday dude

ty  both :) every year i get a parade just for me!!!!! (never mind the other 319 million people in my country XD)

Honestly, I was expecting so much more from this fight...

It looks extremely repetitive and lacks the grandeur that should come from battling the avatar of the most powerful titan.  There was an opportunity here to create a unique fight, one that is both memorable and challenging.  What I see lacks in imagination and creativity.  This is "The Destroyer, The Fallen, The Dark Titan, The Demon Lord, The Great Enemy of All Life, The Destroyer of Worlds, and The Lord of the Burning Legion."  In my eyes, this looks like just another run-of-the-mill boss fight.

I have been anticipating this encounter since it was hinted at, in The Burning Crusade (2007); every since I looted my first "Mark of Sargeras", at roughly level 68.  To have waited ten years for a "basic" encounter is not just disappointing, but unforgivable.

I realize that this is just the LFR version of the fight, but it still lacks the mechanics and scope that I would have expected from what was supposed to be an epic battle.  Am I missing something?  Am I just too close to this to see some obvious oversight?

Edited by Ancalagon

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this