FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ravenshaun

Help, frustrated with my dps

i'm getting more and more frustrated w/ my dps, I can maintain  over 500K single tar and aoe, but I feel I should be higher. I pretty much hate my trinks  I have 865 BTI, 900 Foci, 875 IoR,885Nighbloom, 890 Fury of the burning sky, and 880 Eye of guarm (with crit).

3 Legendries the shoulders mantle of command, and the others two are bad the Root legs and the voodoo helm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Kalypsom/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/11162880/latest

our MM is doing well over 700k and I feel I should be at least closer to him.

talents I tend to run are DS, stomp, posthaste, OwtP, Binding, AMoC, and KC or I run WotC, stomp, posthaste. blink, Volley, and AotB

I've just boosted my crit to 27% haste, is 10% and mastery 81%

any help would be great before my hunter and I end up on not speaking terms

You're plain and simply not following the rotation well enough to get enough Kill Command casts off. I looked at your latest kills vs mine, and granted there's about a 10 ilvl difference, but some fights I more than doubled your burst dps and had a significant amount more kill command casts and damage. Don't look for solutions in trying gear and talent combinations that aren't suggested, because they're ignored for a reason. I don't have a BTI and I don't have the legendary shoulders, so you should easily be able to equal if not surpass my dps.

Your stats are fine but it doesn't seem evident that you've read the BM guide much at all. Stick to your elemental foci & BTI trinkets.

Just honestly read the guide, focus on following the rotation, it's a very, very simple rotation and works best if you use the correct talent setup and trinkets.

Given that you're at a similar ilvl, have the BiS legendary and good trinkets, you should without a doubt be doing more dps than the other hunter in your raid team, you just need to look at the guide, practise and implement what you read. 

Use checkmywow.com to analyse your fights. I looked at one and could see major issues. You spent almost a minute of your latest Trilliax fight focus capped, you used three Titan's Thunder without having a single Dire Beast up (how? you should be getting multiple procs throughout the fight from OwtP and you need to have at least one active before using TT), you only used 3/6 possible AMoCs, and you only pre-potted and didn't use another throughout the fight.

I can see your biggest issue is focus capping, you need to make sure you don't focus cap otherwise it slows down the passive focus regeneration rate; since you have the shoulders your focus regeneration will be higher due to the number of dire beasts you have, but make sure you cast Cobra Shot above 70 focus and when you're coming up to using Bestial Wrath, try to pool up as much focus as you can, and use it all while you're buffed.

Your burst is weak because you are Using Aspect of the Beast (and you don't have the legendary boots). Killer Cobra is significantly stronger. Change that right now and learn how to use it. You must be able to shoot 4 or more Kill Commands on every Bestial Wrath (preferably 5, and 6 with Aspect of the Wild and/or Bloodlust), so make sure you always enter Bestial Wrath with a lot of focus.

10% Haste is somewhat low, making it hard to use Killer Cobra to good effect. I'd raise it to about 15% at cost of mastery.

The helm and legs legendaries are actually not as bad as they seem, since helm and legs are high value pieces of gear, they give tons of agility. Having one bad legendary is not the reason your dps is low.

You might need to sim the trinkets if you want to optimize. Eye of Guarm with crit is great for you because you have the shoulders, and might even be better than the elemental foci, even with the 20 ilvl difference.

8 hours ago, Khallid said:

Your burst is weak because you are Using Aspect of the Beast (and you don't have the legendary boots). Killer Cobra is significantly stronger. Change that right now and learn how to use it. You must be able to shoot 4 or more Kill Commands on every Bestial Wrath (preferably 5, and 6 with Aspect of the Wild and/or Bloodlust), so make sure you always enter Bestial Wrath with a lot of focus.

10% Haste is somewhat low, making it hard to use Killer Cobra to good effect. I'd raise it to about 15% at cost of mastery.

The helm and legs legendaries are actually not as bad as they seem, since helm and legs are high value pieces of gear, they give tons of agility. Having one bad legendary is not the reason your dps is low.

You might need to sim the trinkets if you want to optimize. Eye of Guarm with crit is great for you because you have the shoulders, and might even be better than the elemental foci, even with the 20 ilvl difference.

I'll agree with the first sentiment, but without boots haste is useless once you get shoulders. With the shoulders the playstyle is about getting as many DB procs as possible, and crit gives the highest proc chance.

As a BM hunter, the pure agi from a 900 EEF and the massive impact the procs make, that might be a bold statement but could be worth checking out other options (CoF, etc).