FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Smoothyy

How can I improve my unholy play

Hello!

Last week I did a pretty decent ranking on Trilliax, but I wanted to know if I could improve it somehow.

Logs can be found here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cTXqMCZbkKa1vJFt#fight=17&type=summary&view=analytical

What I found so far(im not that good with logs):

-Virulent Plague not 100% uptime

-Overcapped RP for a few seconds

-I sometimes held Sudden Doom for a few seconds for no reason

I also have 2 more questions:

-Was is just bad luck that unholy strength didn't proc until ~25,5 seconds? Felt pretty bad seeing this when I was using all of my cooldowns.

-Is it worth casting Deathcoil and Clawing Shadows during Scourge of Worlds or should I just spam Clawing Shadows?

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, Smoothyy said:

Hello!

Last week I did a pretty decent ranking on Trilliax, but I wanted to know if I could improve it somehow.

Logs can be found here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cTXqMCZbkKa1vJFt#fight=17&type=summary&view=analytical

What I found so far(im not that good with logs):

-Virulent Plague not 100% uptime

-Overcapped RP for a few seconds

-I sometimes held Sudden Doom for a few seconds for no reason

I also have 2 more questions:

-Was is just bad luck that unholy strength didn't proc until ~25,5 seconds? Felt pretty bad seeing this when I was using all of my cooldowns.

-Is it worth casting Deathcoil and Clawing Shadows during Scourge of Worlds or should I just spam Clawing Shadows?

Thanks in advance

I'm going to let Drtain handle the main log analysis because he is the god of it and we are unworthy of him.

To answer a couple things though.

Overcapping RP or even delaying sudden doom procs isn't the end of the world. Yes its good to not waste resources but with unholy there is so much going on that capping rp or not immediately using sudden doom isn't that big of a deal. Also as far as scourge of the world goes now you more or less ignore it. In the words of Maxweii scourge of the worlds is a bonus, necrosis is a rotational augment. So basically with necrosis its better to properly weave death coil and potentially hit a scourge proc than it is to just spam during scourge. While scourge fishing was awesome and the guy who wrote a guide on it was just so amazing and talented (cough muscle flex cough) its not really done anymore. 

tldr;

a little overcapping no big deal

scourge fishing is dead for the time being. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

While scourge fishing was awesome and the guy who wrote a guide on it was just so amazing and talented (cough muscle flex cough) its not really done anymore. 

I have it on good authority that the chap in question hasn't been seen in these parts for weeks or months at this stage. He is out there living life in the real world or something. 

9 minutes ago, Shells said:

I have it on good authority that the chap in question hasn't been seen in these parts for weeks or months at this stage. He is out there living life in the real world or something. 

or playing mass effect andromeda with his buddies while his wife and kids screech in the background

#bestdadevur #besthusbandevur

Things for the most part are fine, one as well as the things you mentioned, I would suggest keeping a better eye on your necrosis you had the buff at several points in the fight where it was just on you for like 10+ seconds you should be getting rid of it asap, and under ideal circumstances never have to double death coil in a row. The main way you'll increase your dps is just getting better with necrosis. and of course the things you mentioned.

On 22.3.2017 at 0:08 PM, demonardvark said:

While scourge fishing was awesome and the guy who wrote a guide on it was just so amazing and talented (cough muscle flex cough) its not really done anymore. 

Really? From my experience, scourge fishing basically made no difference when we still played with castigator, since scourge strike's damage is so low. With CS, however, it actually does something. I get that you don't really scourge fish with necrosis. If you play with IC, however, it's definitely worth doing imo.