FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
xeqthor

stats priority

Hi, 

At this point both Shadowcratf and Ask Mr Robot are saying that i must go all haste: reforging and gems (it shows like 3k more dps this way)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Xeqthor/simple

The thing is that almost all rogues from pro guilds are still on mastery(reforging + gems)  even that according to the above mentioned sites they should go all haste.

ex: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Noxe/simple

So, my question is how come? is mastery still the way to go no matter what?

Edited by xeqthor

Hey there,

It's an interesting question. I'll try and get an answer for you. Stay tuned smile.png

I don't play a rogue. But, just looking at what the stat does, I see that Mastery buffs your poisons. From playing a Feral Druid, I can tell you that with the way the current trinkets and encounters work with the snapshotting of DoTs, it makes perfect sense. That small 3k deficit you see on Simcraft can turn into a huge advantage when a highly buffed DoT can tick for far longer than the actual buff lasted.

Hi.

On theorical Patchwerk-like bosses/simulations, Haste takes the lead. This is only due to RPPM mechanics: trinkets (on which Haste won't have any impact in patch 5.4), but above all the legendary metagem and the forthcoming legendary cloak.

Actually, even on those dummies simulations, best results are achieved by balancing Haste and Mastery.

But those Patchwerk-like fights don't exist anymore. Even the dullest, most static fight will requires add swaping, cleaving, aoe-ing, or loss of uptime. And in any of those situations, Mastery becomes *much* better, hence the choice of most, if not all, rogues from great guilds to go with Mastery.

• Like 1

I agree,  as an assassination rogue I was focusing Mastery, now Ask Mr. Robot is all about the crit.  Might have something to do with the new 2 and 4 piece?

Same here tucker, Mrrobot advices me to go all out on crit, while reforge lite still keeps me sticking with the "old" stat priority. So mastery mastery mastery. Can't figure out if the new set bonusses are responsible for that, but i don t have the new set pieces yet.

As you can see here http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/silvermoon/wezel

So anyone a solution, just follow mrrobot or stick to reforge lite?

Thank you, WezelDarkspear for bringing this up. I have the same question and was going to start a new post.

I'd really appreciate some input on this. For now I have mastery forged same as before(assassination, btw) and to me that makes sense seeing as we have no new changes. What do I do? I did not have ReforgeLite and seeing as that is giving you the old mastery style reforge I will follow that for now. I always do what AMR asks me to do, so with the new build its suggesting me, my rogue is running around without reforges(have not been playing her).

Cheers cynthaea, it s really confusing like you stated there were no changes so i don't get the crit build. For now, till someone who's deep into theorycrafting can explain this so i can understand it too, i ll stick to reforgelite and stack on mastery.

Edited by WezelDarkspear

If you click the "Default Build" dropdown, Mr. Robot explains that the weights are optimized assuming t16 and the legendary Meta gem, even if you don't actually HAVE either, which is why it calls for Crit over Mastery for Assassination.

Edited by Moblin

Full haste is no more the way to go, Renataki and Bad Juju are no more haste dependents. In fact full haste has never been the perfect way to go, in t15 the goal was reaching 38-40% haste and then stacking mastery (however the difference between a full haste and a full mastery spec was never huge).

Read this http://roguechat.wordpress.com/.

I think it would be unwise to follow askmrrobot to the t. Assasination rogues take the agility mastery gem in yellow sockets and reforge to mastery and haste because for one mastery scales so well,  if you check it they have 100% mastery thats 100% damage for poison namely Deadly Poison which is about 30-35% of your damage as assassination.

There are no RPPM from what i know, so haste is a stat only really for Combat and sub. For assassination rogues after they get as much mastery as they can they reforge to haste as haste still increases energy regen which you still need for mutilate. I dont believe crit would ever top mastery or haste as it only grants an extra Combo point for mutilate/dispatch crits.

There are no RPPM from what i know, so haste is a stat only really for Combat and sub. For assassination rogues after they get as much mastery as they can they reforge to haste as haste still increases energy regen which you still need for mutilate. I dont believe crit would ever top mastery or haste as it only grants an extra Combo point for mutilate/dispatch crits.

Agree with you on that, i really don't see the sudden change to crit. I would really appreciat if someone who's behind Mrrobot could explain why they suddenly recommend CRIT on my char. No haste, which i can understand, but crit??? 

Cheers for your comment trieu.

Edited by WezelDarkspear

Due to some odd reason i can t see my post, that s why i perhaps double posted and edited it to one post. Plz site administrator feel free to delete this one

EDIT found it, the lettercolor was white. 

Edited by WezelDarkspear

Ok, so in terms of haste/mastery for a sub rogue, which stat should I reforge/gem into?  Thanks in advance.

Agility is king > 7.5 hit and expertise > haste >  mastery => crit 

Im not entirely sure about mastery or crit because many guides are saying crit before mastery but mastery I would assume increases eviscerates damage as its a finisher but I think you should check on that.