FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ashmane

Mantle of Command + Qa Pla - Help

Hi folks,

so after ages of waiting, i finally got a 2nd DPS Legendary - THe Qa Pla Boots. As i was reading the Guide i should stick to Aspect of the Beast, Is this true? Killer Cobra so Bad with the Boots? The Playstyle seems a bit reactionary and chaotic, hoping on Wildcall Proccs to reset Kill Command. Any Hints for me, how to specc and gear up? My Idea is to maximize Crit Rating, as i should with the shoulders. Thx for your Help.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/blackmoore/Aschenmähne/simple

Regards

Yes, aspect of the beast and stack crit. The playstyle that was is a lot easier as you don't have to watch your focus as much, just watch your procs and cd's. Set yourself up some weakauras to manage the cooldowns and you'll be fine. 

Try to drop your ethereal urn for one of the trinkets from NH asap, stacking mastery with that combo is useless. You would ideally want CoF as the additional crit chance equals more procs. You can afford to lose some more mastery for crit & haste. Haste scales really well with the boots and mastery becomes quite low on priority. 

Thanks for your reply. The Urn was just equipped for Simulating^^ Trinkets to choose are: Arcano 880, CoF 900, Foci 890. Best simming i got with Arcano, CoF short behind. Also Simcraft says that Mastery is still above Haste, in my case. When is it intelligent to refresh the bleed debuff? or just Kill Commanding on Cooldown and don´t mind the run time. Haste in case of cooldown reduction i had also on my mind. :)

Regards

Jesus, 880 arcano?! That's insane! Realistically if that's the trinket that sims highest then run with that, I just thought there would be better things of use than the urn. 

Hmm, well honestly just go with what your sims say, I'm just going off the word of the other hunter in my guild who stacks crit and haste over mastery and has dps pouring out of him!

Yeah just Kill Command on cooldown, since you'll usually have a few seconds between each one it doesn't really matter if you don't get the full duration. 

may i ask about dps numbers of your hunter mate? Yesterday i hit about 650k-700k(details said this, our logger wasnt there ?) on guldan hc. I guess its fine so far.

I've been cursed by RNGesus so I have awful legendaries but I still manage to parse in the purples on every fight. It's just hard to get much higher without the shoulders or shoulder and boots/belt. But from memory I normally end up around 650k on Heroic Gul'dan, which isn't that high but for a long fight and shit legendaries I don't think it's too bad ?.

I struggle to keep up with the SV hunter in my guild but I'm due for my next legendary within the next week or so, I'm just hoping it's the damn shoulders or belt, something I can really get something out of. 

i know your situation very well xD first 3 leggys were pants, helmet and sephuz... Really great for Hunters. 

650k with crap leggys is really nice, seems that i have a lot of work to do to handle better with my gear^^ 

Yeah mine have been helm, legs, apex ring, and prydaz. Hoping I can finally get something better soon because I'm absolutely sick of feeling like I can't contribute half as much to my raid team as I would if I had one decent legendary.

Thank you! I've been playing hunter for a very long time now and I've always had an approach to dps that it's either 100% or nothing; I put all my effort into finding out everything I can about my class and simming constantly and practising as much as I can in game to make sure when it actually comes time to raid I'm able to bring the best I can. Just have to wait for the right legendaries now!

This depends mostly on your own playstyle. The playstyle is made much easier with AOTB but your burst is basicly removed unless you have procs 2 times a second during your opener. DPS wise it doesn't rly differ that much it only differs in your ability to efficiently use procs and know when to use a DB charge or a CS during your BW windows.

On 2017-03-26 at 0:13 PM, Luthixx said:

Yes, aspect of the beast and stack crit. The playstyle that was is a lot easier as you don't have to watch your focus as much, just watch your procs and cd's. Set yourself up some weakauras to manage the cooldowns and you'll be fine. 

Try to drop your ethereal urn for one of the trinkets from NH asap, stacking mastery with that combo is useless. You would ideally want CoF as the additional crit chance equals more procs. You can afford to lose some more mastery for crit & haste. Haste scales really well with the boots and mastery becomes quite low on priority. 

You should get the mythic ursoc trink if possible since the haste buff is really benificial with the boots. ALso try to keep haste over 15% since that makes boots so much better because of timings( 1,5 sec cd windows on KC after DB). Other than that stack crit and mastery.

Edited by Najjic
  • Like 1

Just now, Najjic said:

COF procs does not increase with crit. you should however get the mythic ursoc trink if possible since the haste buff is really benificial with the boots. ALso try to keep haste over 15% since that makes boots so much better because of timings( 1,5 sec cd windows on KC after DB). Other than that stack crit and mastery.

I meant how it increases your AotW uptime, which gives you 10% crit.

Thank you. As you can see, i got the Mythic Ursoc Trinket. The Advice with 15% haste is interessting, i´ll try to get this right.