FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Boogyness

BM 7.2 Artifacts traits

Hello!

Has anyone started sims to know where we should spend  points with 7.2 release? If we have a weapon ranked 54, we will have 4 points to spend. I guess "Bond of the unseen" path is mandatory. But what about the 3 others points? Jaws / Leader of the pack? Or starting the "new" tree to reach concordance asap?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/hunter/beast-mastery/AsajI4A

Imagine it like this - All artifacts are technically being "reset" to level 35. This gets you a point in every single icon on the main tree, as well as 1 point for Spirit Bound. The rest of the points are refunded back to you.

So if you artifact is 54, then you are getting 19 points back refunded. You can only spend those points in the new tree. The new "cap" artifact talent raises your vers for a period of time and it has 50 ranks. So you should have all artifact talents done at lvl 43, and then an additional 11 points into that final slot.

Hope that makes sense - HOWEVER - the thing that worries me is that BM is getting nerfed. Blizz has talked about it...but unless I missed something they haven't said anything helpful. The fact is that Spiritbound is damage for both you and your pet. It is still both you and your pet, but it is capped at 5%. The new unseen path is 10% damage for just yourself, so does that mean your pet gets screwed in the process?

That's what I wanted to know.

*edit to this* I completely forgot that you can put rank 4 into a bunch of traits...so it would be best to get those as well.

Still, if your weapon is currently 54, you should have no problems filling in all talents and then starting on the fun grind.

Edited by Hornreaper

27 minutes ago, Hornreaper said:

the thing that worries me is that BM is getting nerfed. Blizz has talked about it...but unless I missed something they haven't said anything helpful. The fact is that Spiritbound is damage for both you and your pet. It is still both you and your pet, but it is capped at 5%. The new unseen path is 10% damage for just yourself, so does that mean your pet gets screwed in the process?

I do believe it has been confirmed that the new talent increases both you and your pet. The tooltip as it stands doesn't specify but I think a dev confirmed a few while back. 

20 minutes ago, Sisco said:

I do believe it has been confirmed that the new talent increases both you and your pet. The tooltip as it stands doesn't specify but I think a dev confirmed a few while back. 

I trust you on this, but I don't trust blizzard lol. If anybody has a link to that dev post that would be amazing....I'm looking for it myself. That's really my only concern going into 7.2.....

Just looked for an official note and cannot find it but i do remember seeing and and did find quotes of people confirming it. Also, listening to the HuntingPartyPodcast, they just noted that you do have to max out all traits before you can start your new paragon trait.

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

Bendak has just updated the wowhead BM hunter guide and shows what to take and in what order, it looks like we take all but the new paragon trait, go back and put in some 4/4 then get to the grind for the paragon.

new artifact trait guides:

http://www.wowhead.com/class-guides/name:artifact 

Ya, just because old ben says it doesn't mean its true. There be a lot of talk about 

1 point in 10% damage/10% stam 

then 2 points in the kill command boost (making two talents 4/4) 

then continue with the new traits. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hornreaper said:

I trust you on this, but I don't trust blizzard lol. If anybody has a link to that dev post that would be amazing....I'm looking for it myself. That's really my only concern going into 7.2.....

its just represents the same increase as if you had 20/20 paragon finished...so people 54/54 now do not have less DPS when 7.2 goes live.  

2 hours ago, Banard said:

its just represents the same increase as if you had 20/20 paragon finished...so people 54/54 now do not have less DPS when 7.2 goes live.  

I read that, and it makes sense. I just haven't seen any wording on the issue with the pet damage. I saw some posts and blizzard talking about how it's "supposed to be the same" but I haven't seen any wording or anything saying "You and your pet." A lot of BM, if not most, comes from the pet as we all know, so with this I was hoping that there was a blue post about that.

*edit* don't want to seem like a jerk about this - the reason I'm worried is because we just went through this with 4p. Blizzard didn't include Dire Frenzy into the 4p until after enough hell was raised, and when they did it was still glitchy.

Edited by Hornreaper

15 hours ago, Hornreaper said:

So if you artifact is 54, then you are getting 19 points back refunded. You can only spend those points in the new tree. The new "cap" artifact talent raises your vers for a period of time and it has 50 ranks. So you should have all artifact talents done at lvl 43, and then an additional 11 points into that final slot.

It doesn't work like this. Points after traits 37 are more expensive in 7.2. With a 54 atrifact in 7.1.5 you wil have 39 points to put in your 7.2 artifact. Hence my question.

Edited by Boogyness
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Boogyness said:

It doesn't work like this. Points after traits 37 are more expensive in 7.2. With a 54 atrifact in 7.1.5 you wil have 39 points to put in your 7.2 artifact. Hence my question.

Yeah, you get enough for the first four traits in the new section, then you aim for the last cobra shot reduction then gold (so with your point refund you'll have enough for 3 of the four cobra shot focus reduction) then 4/4 in the two Kill Command buffs, and work your way around the main section before going into the paragon section. The paragon points for this work the same, last thing you put your points in.