FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
herrde

Ebon Martyr w/ 7.2

Hi guys,

what's the deal with the reduced HB damage on mobs affected by RW? Down from 40% to 20%? Would you guys say that it's still the best legendary for us Frost DK's? Luckily, I have Ebon, Koltira & Toravon, should I stick with Ebon & Koltira for the BoS playstyle? What do you think?

Best

it'll end up being a combination of waist, wrist, or ring. the tier 20 set is certainly pushing us in the direction of longer breaths. also there is the question of do you have Convergence of Fates Icon Convergence of Fates which will be a strong trinket for awhile. My personal preferred pairing is Koltira's Newfound Will Icon Koltira's Newfound Will  and Seal of Necrofantasia Icon Seal of Necrofantasia just for the really long breaths. 

The nerf to Perseverance of the Ebon Martyr Icon Perseverance of the Ebon Martyr does drop it out of the BIS category but its still not terrible. 

2 hours ago, Shells said:

Damn you blizz for nerfing my only Frost leg. 

Hopefully 7.2 rains some new ones on me.

the nerf was actually pretty pointless. the only reason that ebon became so powerful was the amazing synergy with the tier 19 bonus. once the bonus is gone ie tier 20 the power of the legendary drops substantially. so nerfing it so hard was kinda pointless, even then its still decent, but blizz should have just waited till tomb and let things naturally filter out. 

I have heared some theories that we might even want to play with 4pc T19 and 2 pc T20, as the T20 4pc is not THAT impactful atm. Although that's just theorycraftig atm

6 hours ago, godsilla94 said:

I have heared some theories that we might even want to play with 4pc T19 and 2 pc T20, as the T20 4pc is not THAT impactful atm. Although that's just theorycraftig atm

yeah that's certainly a possibility. if you have Seal of Necrofantasia Icon Seal of Necrof or COF the tier 20 bonus isn't that huge of a buff. in fact it could be borderline useless because you very well could end up resource capped 

On 3/28/2017 at 1:57 PM, godsilla94 said:

Actually as I look into it more it certainly looks like that's how things are going to play out especially with the recent nerf hammer that smacked frost in the face. The optimal set up is looking to be tier 19 4 set with tier 20 2 s set and COF. The interesting part too on the side is that unholy is doing a bit better with their new talents and the gap between the two is closer to the point where its truly just "play what you want". Both are very viable.

Granted i'll be tanking come tomb. BOS was fun in nighthold and Unholy was fun during EN, but I need something to spice up my life XD. Plus soul drinker might be one of my favorite DK abilities yet (please god don't let it get nerfed, pleaseeeee)

• Like 1