FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
fariah

Haste / trinkets 5.4

There will still be RPPM ... its just trinkets wont be as good as they wont double dip like some do currently.

By double dip I mean, the proc chance is increased by haste, and then the benefit given is increased by haste. Such as an int proc, proc most often, does more dmg. For the duration of the proc, increased haste increases the number of attacks and therefore double dips as you benefit twice from your haste rating.

They will be removing one of these two componets. either making the trinket proc not be affected by haste (RPPM set and not reduced for haste) or making it so the proc isn't affected by haste (does X amount of dmg in the form of a bolt of lightning).

Sorry, not a shaman =P

But I would imagine not. The guides on this site will be updated, on or soon after 5.4 hits, which is when it matters!

Edited by Xinto

Woo, in which case then simming it with your gear is always the way to go. I've found up to ilvl 510ish on my offspec that Mastery still outperforms Haste slightly, even with two 522 trinkets.

From what I've seen, due to the RPPM nerfs, FE nerf and the 2 set bonus. Mastery looks to be stronger for patch 5.4. Echo of the Elements and UF talents also synergize well with it.

Edited by Krakir

It's catch-up gear, so you'd never expect it to blow your mind. The SoO trinkets though (Cleave, Amplification, etc...) THOSE are interesting :)