FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sokra

From 1 to 100, how long ?

How long does this take in hours with group play ?

And are there any up to date guides you could recommend?

Thanks, hf

Your best bet is RAF - (more details available here) combined with Elixir of the Rapid MindElixir of the Rapid Mind and Draenor world quests. Dungeons are also super fast, by the time you reach a zone you already outlevel it when the dungeon queue pops up. Legion also comes with a Level 100 boost fyi.

If you are going to use the elixir...... do a bunch of quest....but do not turn them in......do as many quests as you can find...pop the potion....then turn all the quests in. 

There are some paid lvling guides which names i won't use, but i don't think they are needed to play nor are worth the money.

Here are a few addons that might help lvling

https://mods.curse.com/legacycontent/recommended-questing-addons-for-world-of-warcraft

On 13.04.2017 at 10:03 PM, Rambunxious said:

u can make a 100 in a week or so playing 6-8 hrs a day....move on to next quest area as soon as quests hit green.....do dungeons  at same time....

I agree, but i would do dungeons only once so you complete the quests

I think elixirs and all that xp stuff are always very expensive.

When playing, I've seen i did something like 1 extension/day.

And if you play you character, you may even learn a bit how it works :) Not much for hl raiding, but it's a good starting point !

As for guides, i've tries the zygor guide, wich is a paid addon, but i've got to give it the credit that it was really fun to use, because it gives you complete instructions for every move you have to do: some may hate it, i found it relaxing :)

The XP buff consumable prices have skyrocketed recently. However, it might help you to know that there are forum topics here and there dedicated to RAF recruitment. You post your demands and your offers, and people choose. From what I saw, the recruiter usually pays a gold bounty to the recruited, anywhere from a couple hundreds to a couple thousands, since the recruiter reaps most of the benefits in the end. 

what i do mostly when i create a new character.

put all my looms on for that class, buy 4 bags and start questing.

tank and healer classes => level the character to lvl 15 than start doing dungeons but not random. i choose which one i wanna do since im only doing it once for the quests. in the beginning you can do 1 dungeon with the quests and lvl up 2-3 levels or so. at higher level you do a dungeon but doing quests also and before you know it.... you will be at level 100 ;)

as a dps class also level to 15 and than queue for a dungeon.... with a dps class, you will get it much harder to find a group but keep questing in the meantime.

i know there will be faster ways to level up a character but this is not expensive, it gives more fun for me than spamming dungeons and we can see the world again from the good old expansions.

I've tried starting from scratch, but eventually always reach for the wallet and that 100 boost. Its bad I know, but time is money too.

On 14/07/2017 at 8:20 AM, Vayra said:

I've tried starting from scratch, but eventually always reach for the wallet and that 100 boost. Its bad I know, but time is money too.

Me and a friend always have this discussion and come to the conclusion that, if you have the money to spare, the time invested leveling (assuming you have done it many times before) and the time invested working to make the money necessary isn't even close.

On 18.07.2017 at 5:05 PM, Blainie said:

Me and a friend always have this discussion and come to the conclusion that, if you have the money to spare, the time invested leveling (assuming you have done it many times before) and the time invested working to make the money necessary isn't even close.

It depends where you are from :D

Dunno how much ppl earn in other countries but for me this is 6% of my salary and my income isn't low :P

For an average worker in Poland it is about 22 hours of work to buy a boost. How is this compared to the US or western europe where you earn Euro?

On 8/23/2017 at 8:02 AM, Dvanom said:

It depends where you are from :D

Dunno how much ppl earn in other countries but for me this is 6% of my salary and my income isn't low :P

For an average worker in Poland it is about 22 hours of work to buy a boost. How is this compared to the US or western europe where you earn Euro?

That's pretty crazy. If you take a boost at £49, you're looking at around 6.5 hours of work for a minimum wage worker in the UK that is over 25. It just goes to show how different the worth of each currency is, I guess!