FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
holsinger

Shadowbolt cast time

Just out of curiosity, but why is shadowbolt's cast time longer than the usual filler spell? Over two seconds for a spell that is not incredibly powerful to begin with seems off to me. Have I missed blizzard's explanation as to the justification?

Again, this is just me thinking out loud.

Because Demo have a really slow playstyle out of meta.

Demo it`s just about having fun in meta and while you are in caster form remember how fun was when you was in meta.

Or something like that.

• Like 1

MG's cast time is longer than Shadowbolt, no? It just happens to tick while it channels.

Same thing, takes a while. Honestly, I like Shadowbolt. A filler isn't supposed to hit hard, but SB does have a decent sized number, just its split into 3.

• Like 1

I don't know about you guys, but I kind of like having a longer casting spell in my rotation because GCD capping every spell sucks.... MIRITE!!!?????

• Like 1

I don't know about you guys, but I kind of like having a longer casting spell in my rotation because GCD capping every spell sucks.... MIRITE!!!?????

Don't like at all because without the KJC, lose a 2.5sec cast really break my heart.

Don't like at all because without the KJC, lose a 2.5sec cast really break my heart.

Perhaps by managing your fury better, especially now that UVLS will be out and we can be more liberal with our use of Meta, you can avoid being in caster form during a period where you're likely to have to move by building up extra fury ahead of time on a fight where you can't take KJC. Of course, there is just taking KJC.

P.S., do we know how bad the DPET of Fel Flame is on PTR compared to that of SB? They both give the same DF generation rate.

Pft, I can just ask our Guardian tank for his Innervate. Not like healers need mana.

• Like 1

Depending on my total DF generation throughout a fight, I think the standard amount of Life Taps I actually cast are under 5.  Mana hasn't really been an issue.  But, that could change in the patch when we aren't swimming and laughing side by side with our horde of Wild Imps, we'll see...

Mana of Fel Flame isn't an issue.  Take this to the bank: if Fel Flame becomes a better spammer than Shadow Bolt for Demonology, Fel Flame will be nerfed or Shadow Bolt will have some change so that it is better.  Which do you think will happen?  A nerf or a buff?  Don't get excited about mashing a button as fast as you can to build DF. 

I'm not suggesting the substitution of Fel Flame for Shadow Bolt in our regular rotation. I'm just thinking about the value of KJC. If Fel Flame's DPET is close to SB, then IMO the value of KJC is very minimal.

I'm not suggesting the substitution of Fel Flame for Shadow Bolt in our regular rotation. I'm just thinking about the value of KJC. If Fel Flame's DPET is close to SB, then IMO the value of KJC is very minimal.

For Both Demonology and Destruction, yes.

For affliction, not at all.

Btw, FF is a filler for Destro as Brusalk said in your MMO Champion's guide. Incinerate is only worth it to spend with haste procs as Meta-gem's or Bloodlust or Blackdraft.

IB4 FF nerf

Edited by JvChequer