FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
icednixes

Lacking that ompf for healing, any help is nice

Just trying to see why im doing slow low of heals. I come last in the raid, shaman and priest coming ahead of me and most fights im barely able to push and hold 300K in heals. on the rare chance i push higher but only on the short fights. Any help would be nice so i dont feel like im letting down my raid. 

Here is my amory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Kibea/simple

A few logs between, EN and Nighthold

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pnun1au1sxae5o8z/sum/healingDone/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hrty4cvhe1h5ba18/sum/healingDone/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-axscgxqmashw3pph/sum/healingDone/

The rotation im using is

Tanks: ironbark+ward+life+rejv or regrowth

raid: Wild+ essence or flourish

high dmg: inn+tree+trang+Wild+ essence or flourish

with efflorescence being put down when ever its up. 

Have you other legendaries to wear ? 

- Change your trinkets, you are wearing the 2 worst trinkets of NH.

- Enchant your neck

- I don't suggest enchanting/gemming haste, but your choice...

- Put a 200 int gem

• Like 1

On 4/7/2017 at 11:28 AM, Kufru said:

Have you other legendaries to wear ? 

- Change your trinkets, you are wearing the 2 worst trinkets of NH.

- Enchant your neck

- I don't suggest enchanting/gemming haste, but your choice...

- Put a 200 int gem

Sadly i dont not have any other trinkets or different legendaries  to wear. Been hoping for others to drop no luck yet. 

2 possibilities here:

1/ you really have a problem with your healing

2/ you have too much healers in the raid, or not enough damage. Because as a druid you'll always be behind in this situation. Direct heals will overheal you. Nothing to do except relax and enjoy the fight.

Most of the time, 2/ applies. Try to figure out what's going on. Kufru has already spotted what was wrong with your gear. Imo the rest is just because there's too much heals in the raid.

To illustrate 2/, I recently healed thrillax HM, with 2 other healers, I was behind in the 2 previous fights. Both healers died on the first beam, I single healed the raid for 3/4 of the fight. My numbers went to the roof.

13 hours ago, bobifle said:

2 possibilities here:

1/ you really have a problem with your healing

2/ you have too much healers in the raid, or not enough damage. Because as a druid you'll always be behind in this situation. Direct heals will overheal you. Nothing to do except relax and enjoy the fight.

Most of the time, 2/ applies. Try to figure out what's going on. Kufru has already spotted what was wrong with your gear. Imo the rest is just because there's too much heals in the raid.

To illustrate 2/, I recently healed thrillax HM, with 2 other healers, I was behind in the 2 previous fights. Both healers died on the first beam, I single healed the raid for 3/4 of the fight. My numbers went to the roof.

We do 3 healers for our normal and heroic raids. That could be it? 

We run a druid which is me, a shammy and a priest that is holy.

Edited by icednixes
added more info

Then don't sweat it. A holy priest has come back from long vacations. I have the same configuration, 13-15 ppl with 3 healers (a comfortable healer ratio) and I'm back to the second place by far. It's no big deal. When there's too much heals, this is what happens to druids.

I'm not saying everything you do is perfect, keep improving ! Just ignore HPS. It does not reflect your actual level.

Looking at the logs, you need to keep life bloom up on the tanks more often, you only have a 36% up time, the clear casting buff that you get from it helps in the long run. Also look at weaving in more swift mends on low health targets. When are you using your artifact CD? if you are running tree of life spec, its better to run a heavy rejuvenation spec with tree. A few questions What talents are you using? Do you use healing addons, or do you click and heal, or even keybind heal?

Basic spell breakdown on how i heal on lets say heroic gul'dan.

tanks, rejuvenation on both, life bloom always running on the tank that has threat allowing it to fall off if they dip, cenarion ward on CD when they take a big hit. saving iron bark for a external CD request. keeping efflorescence under boss so that tanks and mele are standing in it.

general raid: rejuvenation on targets taking ticking damage or even a damage spike following up with a swift mend, using wild growth on CD only if 5+ people are below 80% ish or you know damage is incoming from a boss mechanic. spend omen of clarity when it pops on the lowest health target " its free burn it as soon as you get it. the proc doesn't stack and you dont want to waist one."

prep for large damage, lets say black harvest is coming up, no cds are up besides say flourish if talented, and your artifact. spread rejuvenation like the plague! just as it hits cast wild growth, flourish artifact CD. spend swift mend on players dipping spend every GCD on a rejuvenation, if blanketed and people are still dipping, spend innervate and regrowth spam as a last resort.

This is my own take on healing as a druid, some people heal differently. even with two horrible legendaries, i still out heal our MW monk, and disc/holy priest every fight, they have a 6+ ilvl advantage and i average 200k HPS more then them.

I personally don't use healing addons. Always feels bulky to me. keybind click hero here :D 

Good luck with the Rdruid!

Wanted to let you know that our raid team currently has a holy priest, holy paladin, resto druid (me!) and usually a resto shaman. 

More often than not I am in 2nd or 3rd - our holy priest is a beast. At the end of the day you need to ask yourself a few questions: (1) How did I feel about my mana consumption/availability during that fight? (2) Did people stay alive? If yes, good job. If no.. ask yourself a few other questions. Could my spec have changed their outcome? i.e. would having Prosperity with that extra swiftmend have saved their butts? Or did they just stand in Efflux like a goober and were going to melt anyhow!

I generally look at my HPS across the board and also compare it to the same boss fights from previous weeks. I also take into account other healers mana. If my healing is doing well and I'm able to donate my Innervate to the holy paladin then I know I was making smart healing choices during that particular fight. 

I will admit I have had some other druids come into our raids as pugs and feel a little disheartened by the amount of HPS they are doing compared to what my throughput is. However 99% of the time.. they're OOM and I'm not. So you know they're just throwing out heals for the numbers and not for the good of the raid to get the kill. Just my 2 cents :)

@khelben45  I'm with you there on the healing addons. The only addon I run is decursive. However I do use mouseovers for my 1-4 buttons and my F key (which is my clense). Took a few days to adjust when I made the change in WoD but I don't think I could live without it now. Makes hoting everyones pants off in raid that much easier ^_^

Edited by Irista
Added additional comment.