FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kazistrasz

Calculating Haste Thresholds

So, I'm trying to work on calculating haste thresholds, which I once could do when I played a lot in the past.

I'm reasonably close, though my formula disagrees by as much as 2 or 3 points with the standard amounts sometimes, so I'm unsure on where it is.

The formula I've been using is (((Base Ticks + Extra Ticks - 0.5)/(Base Ticks*1.05))-1)*100*425

For example, the 25% threshold for Doom currently is 8094, yet I come up with 8095.something

Is there supposed to be extra rounding in there somewhere?

I have zero math abilities, but I'm mildly curious. Why? Hasn't this math been done 50 times over and can be found on Icy, EJ, Noxxic, AMR, and like at least 4 other wow sites.

I have plenty of math abilities (it's my major). I'm confused, because my formula should be right any way I wrap my head around it, so I'm clearly missing something. As for why:

A: I'm a perpetual skeptic. I prefer to find information myself than take what others say as correct. EJ isn't worth a damn for locks anymore, I feel. I couldn't possibly trust Noxxic less, as I've seen some pretty bullshit stuff over there. I only like AMR when I'm putting in the numbers, and distrust everything about them when they're providing the numbers.

B: Many of said sites don't post all of the thresholds, just the ones that happen to have lots of things nearby. Ex: Agony has the most thresholds of all of our DoTs. Corr and UA are often close together, which is usually the posted thresholds, but there are Agony thresholds between them.

C: I like having things I can do on my laptop in the middle of really, really boring classes.

• Like 1

As much as doing math can be fun, I hate doing it when its already been done, or done better/quicker than I could do it.

To that point, check out AMR's Haste tables. Updateable based on anything you can think of! Check it out Kaz

Pretty comprehensive and I haven't seen any reason to believe the numbers are wrong since the math is straightforward.

As for your formula, this post on the wow forums  is from the guy who wrote what used to be the bible for haste spreadhseets. He explains the tickspeed rounding adjustment done by the client which accounts for the slightly off numbers you're getting.

Also, a link to his spreadsheet which is cool to look at if you're bored.

Edited by Cruzan
  • Like 1

Don't calculate them.  They're done correctly by AMR.  Use that chart.  It's too difficult to recalculate them over and over considering various buffs.  AMR builds that in so you can see it with literally any combination of Haste effects.  Just save yourself the time and effort and check out those tables.