FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Conso

Need thoughts on legendary choices...

I recently got the bracers, the ones that reduce aspects c/d's. Anyways I have the qa'pla boots, and kil'jaedens trinket equipped currently. Now I read that combined with convergence of fates the bracers are second only to the shoulders which I dont have. I ran simcraft using convergeance trinket and bracers vs boots and kiljaedens and the sim AND the actual test dummy testing showed it as less DPS. For the record my other trinket is a heroic ursoc trinket, so i'm kind of stumped. I have 2 really good trinkets, decent legendary boots, and the really good bracers to reduce aspect c/d. My armory link is   http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/icecrown/Helim/simple

So you can look at my gear, anyways i'm stuck with which legendaries to use. Kil'jaedens is really good, and the boots i'm liking, but the raw numbers from the sim and on the test dummy show using the bracers was less DPS. I changed out Kil'Jaedens for Convergeance so as to equip the bracers. Maybe i just need to try different combos or something, maybe a different talent choice when using the bracers over the trinket I dont know. Trying to pick your brains, maybe something i'm missing

Bracers & CoF with boots for ST. Bracers & CoF with trinket for AoE.

Kil'jaeden trinket is useless on ST and you'll get a lot more out of the bracers and CoF combo. Especially if you have the Thunderslash trait. 

Also stop using stomp, DF is significantly better now. Might be worthwhile using Killer Cobra over Aspect of the beast since you're getting more uptime and focus regen in BW that you could better spend on CS/KC spam. 

Other alternative is bracers & trinket and scrap boots if you want the stats. 

I dont have Thunderslash yet, and i was just testing out DF talent since I keep seeing ppl with it and i went up 40k alone. 520k 100 mil total dmg vs 566k 120 mil total dmg. I went with AotB because I read it was better with the boots equipped, was getting ready to try out KC again.

Going to try out bracers and CoF now with DF and see how it goes on the raiders training dummy.

hmm, i gotta be doing something wrong, 100mil total dmg done 520k with the bracers and CoF, lets try killer cobra instead of AotB.

With killer cobra i did 540k, same total dmg...hmm

Edited by Conso

went back to Kil'Jaedens and some epic bracers and did 566k again, but with 166 mil total damage done. This is what I mean, everyone says the bracers are super good especially with CoF trinket but me personally I lose 40k DPS using Leg bracers and CoF vs Kil'Jaedens trinket and some plain epic bracers.

Go run an lfr or something and get some logs to compare the difference in your legendaries and that, it's all good to say you feel one does better dps than another but if you give me some logs to compare I'll be able to give you better advice. 

You need Thunderslash trait ASAP, it's a flat 10% increase at least. And if you're getting better results from the trinket as opposed to bracers and COF then you're doing something really wrong. I'd like to help you find out what that error is

• Like 1

This might be a noob question since I don't have a Convergence of Fates, but wouldn't it depend on the item level of said convergence of fates? If your CoF is, let's say, raid finder 865, I can imagine it doesn't perform like an 890 heroic CoF, and maybe that's why Kil'jaeden's gets better results?

This is speculation. His armory had Kil'jaeden equipped when I checked it.

Edited by Khallid

4 hours ago, Khallid said:

This might be a noob question since I don't have a Convergence of Fates, but wouldn't it depend on the item level of said convergence of fates? If your CoF is, let's say, raid finder 865, I can imagine it doesn't perform like an 890 heroic CoF, and maybe that's why Kil'jaeden's gets better results?

This is speculation. His armory had Kil'jaeden equipped when I checked it.

Proc rate doesn't change depending on ilvl, just the agi you get.

I just woul

On 4/9/2017 at 2:37 AM, Conso said:

I I ran simcraft

AND the actual test dummy testing

Those two statements. Like please go pick up a statistics text book and read it and learn about sample size, standard deviation, error etc etc etc etc. 

and just a FYI ask you self this...how long on a dummy variable = a run of simcraft (WITH IS MANY ITERATIONS)

• Like 1