Shadownas

RP-PvP or PvP-Server

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

Can someone explain me what the difference is between a RP-PvP-Server and a PvP-Server. I know what PvP means but not really when not RP is (except that means role play)...

It's a PvP server with role players, so two terrible things combined into a reese's cup of awful.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sawzorthn said:

It's a PvP server with role players, so two terrible things combined into a reese's cup of awful.

But what does it mean a server with role players?

People pretending to be a character/their character. It can be really interesting or really weird, usually just weird.

PvP server: Horde and Alliance do World PvP fights whenever they want, no rules. 
RP-PvP server: You have to RP, following your self-created background story. I have the following ideas in my head:
If a Alliance Paladin meets a undead player, they would shout something in the lines of "Purifying the world of this (undead) evil". 
If a Rogue ambushes & kills someone they could go Assassin's Creed style and say "requiescat de pache" (rest in peace).
Sometimes people can organize a group World PvP battle and the leaders do the Braveheart pump-up speech before a Tarren Mill vs Southshore battle.