FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

AltzUI for Legion

1D0fCJ1.jpg

AltzUI is a minimalistic user interface for Legion and a great alternative to ElvUI.

Many people keep asking what UI I'm using in our videos, that's why I'd like to provide more information on AltzUI. The goal is to hide most of the UI providing a minimalistic look, similar to the one you get by pressing Alt+Z in Wow. It's easily customizable with in-game configuration settings. The UI is updated frequently and even has a GitHub repository.

Players have been mostly asking two questions.

What addon adds textures to the target nameplate?

Target Nameplate Indicator.

What unit frames are you using?

EKPlates.

Both addons are part of AltzUI, but can be downloaded and used separately.

AltzUI Screenshots

pvw65602.jpgpvw65603.jpgpvw65604.jpgpvw65645.jpgpvw65644.jpgpvw65606.jpg

AltzUI Video

The UI appears in all our newest videos, where I'm not using Alt+Z to hide the entire user interface. A little ironic, but it's AltZ either way!

Download

You can download AltzUI here. Unzip the archive and place the Buttons folder inside your WoW root folder and the rest of the addons into Interface/Addons.

• Like 1

Interesting. I'll have to give it a try at some point on one of my alts.  I use ZPerl (and XPerl before that) for many years, but the develop side of it has not been stable for just as long.  (That's not a dig at the maintainers, I appreciate what they do!)

1 hour ago, Feril said:

Oh, is there a standalone version of the numeric health nameplate? I kinda like that :O

Yes, EKPlates.

I want to use this. I've been looking for a neat looking minimal UI for a long time. I've stuck with the default Blizzard UI because most addons just look messy and take up too much of the screen.

I have a question though, can you use this addon along with other addons that affect the UI? I haven't used one of these UIs before.

1 hour ago, Maruken said:

I want to use this. I've been looking for a neat looking minimal UI for a long time. I've stuck with the default Blizzard UI because most addons just look messy and take up too much of the screen.

I have a question though, can you use this addon along with other addons that affect the UI? I haven't used one of these UIs before.

Sure you can. UI Elements can be easily configured and disabled at will and replaced with other addons.

What font is that in your video? It's very clean! It looks like Comfortaa, but every time I use that font it's very thin looking.

2 hours ago, elmurufdd said:

does it have a "default layout " like elvui does or do i have to set it up ( sorry im lazy ) only reason i used elvui not much set up to do 

I ended up downloading it myself to check it out. It comes with a default layout and a config to customize like ElvUI if you wish. It's all built into the addon so it's not a compilation you set-up.

• Like 1

Looks really pretty :) Is there a way it can be updated via Curse Client? I've been using ElvUI that has its own app, but it sadly doesn't run on mac :(

Hi !

Looks quite great !

Still, I have a problem, I guess with EKPlates, as if it was staying in "setup" mode (see below).

I have 92% health on every mob, and all of them are named "name" ;)

Though, when I start to fight, the the real health and real name display (but over the default text).

What did I forget ?

Thanks a lot !

WoWScrnShot_041417_194229.jpg

WoWScrnShot_041417_194207.jpg

Edited by genki
images

On 4/14/2017 at 2:50 PM, genki said:

Still, I have a problem, I guess with EKPlates, as if it was staying in "setup" mode (see below).

I have 92% health on every mob, and all of them are named "name" ;)

some problem and it irks the heck out of me

On 4/11/2017 at 0:48 AM, simpetar said:

Looks really pretty :) Is there a way it can be updated via Curse Client? I've been using ElvUI that has its own app, but it sadly doesn't run on mac :(

Short answer: No.  I tried locating the add-on on Curse's web site and via their client with zero search results.  I downloaded and installed the add-on per the instructions on its WoWInterface article, and then have Curse Client scan for new/changed add-ons.  It didn't appear using that method, either.

20 hours ago, AliokWOWDB said:

Short answer: No.  I tried locating the add-on on Curse's web site and via their client with zero search results.  I downloaded and installed the add-on per the instructions on its WoWInterface article, and then have Curse Client scan for new/changed add-ons.  It didn't appear using that method, either.

It's a bit annoying, for sure. I always like being able to just click "update all" and move on with things. Ah well!

@genki @Sawzorthn Are you still not able to update it via Curse? It has been uploaded there. Weird error. I wasn't able to replicate it, everything functions properly on my end. I enabled false values in config.lua to "true". When out of combat, I don't see mob health, just name and level.

qlJZkM1.jpg

20 hours ago, Sawzorthn said:

It turns out I'm just an idiot, once I turned off the Elv plates everything looked fine.

I guess I am even dumber than you :D

What do you call Elv plates ??

Thanks a lot !

If you use Elv UI there's a whole section marked nameplates. Unchecking that and reloading UI fixed everything for me.

Screenshot (18).png

Edited by Sawzorthn
Added reference pic

20 hours ago, Sawzorthn said:

If you use Elv UI there's a whole section marked nameplates. Unchecking that and reloading UI fixed everything for me.

Screenshot (18).png

Great, much better !

Thanks a lot !

On 4/30/2017 at 11:54 AM, genki said:

Great, much better !

Thanks a lot !

Glad to see you guys resolved everything :)

I really like this addon but I need a little help with couple things: In mythic+  after the adds die I have some fps dropps for like 1-2 seconds and I tried to find a solution for this but still dont know what to do. Below my character it show my hp and mana is there a way to move it or turn it off for some specs? (for example i play feral as well and have some weak auras to show my combo points and its annoying to see an other combo point bar thing under my druid), and also would like to know how can i share this with my other characters on my account?

2 hours ago, szedla said:

I really like this addon but I need a little help with couple things

I don't use the addon anymore, not sure if @Stan can help with it.