FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Toonic

Swapping to Affliction for 5.4 (Questions)

Currently gemming my self for Mastery along with Reforging, I'll end up with 18.31% Haste, and 85.11% Mastery (According to AskMrRobot). I understand that 9776 (Something around there) is the soft-Haste-Cap however, I probably wont be able to reach that at this point in time.

My question would be, how will I be preforming with Affliction in this type of Gear? Seeing as how currently I'm reforging 11 pieces of gear to Mastery. Should I wait till 5.4 and raid a bit and get better gear then swap?

Any and all suggestions would be great.

Your question is so vague that I'm not sure how to even start.  Haste thresholds are seen here: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/haste/warlockaffliction.  Number you want is 9778. 

As for performance issues, that's not completely tied to your gear.  You could beat someone better geared with better knowledge or vice versa.

Your question is so vague that I'm not sure how to even start.  Haste thresholds are seen here: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/haste/warlockaffliction.  Number you want is 9778. 

As for performance issues, that's not completely tied to your gear.  You could beat someone better geared with better knowledge or vice versa.

My apologizes. I didn't really know how to word it correctly. Basically, the information I wanted to know was, as an Affliction Lock, how gear dependant are they in 5.4. Simcraft work now I go from doing 140k in destro to almost 110k in Affliction after being Gem'd and reforged. (This is with the Legendary Meta + x2 RPPM Trinkets. Also, I didn't know what the Haste number was off the top of my head so my apologies for that.

There's no way you're going from 140k as Destro to 110k as Affliction.  All specs and classes are gear dependent, especially with the ever inflating values of gear these days.  The LMG adds nothing to Destruction but a lot to Affliction, so something is fishy reporting a 30k DPS drop switching to a superior spec.

so something is fishy reporting a 30k DPS drop switching to a superior spec.

Drop like that is player, not spec.

OP, you have some logs for us?

Drop like that is player, not spec.

OP, you have some logs for us?

As an Affliction Lock? Thats a Negative, I know that my Affliction performance isn't that great so I only raid Destro in actual Raids. I could post Destro logs, though I know that wont help.

And the drop was from Simcraft, not player performance.