FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
meukow

WoW & Windows8

Didn't even realise it was out yet! I'm running Windows 7 and alls fine with me, hate updating things to newer software sometimes as I find that it tends to break on me Posted Image

Hopefully someone who has the knowledge will be along soon!

Edited to say:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Windows+8+%2B+WoW

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I always wanted to use that - saw my chance and went for it, I'm a sarky so and so IRL Posted Image

Looks like a few people are having problems if they've downloaded the new Windows 8!

Edited by Neridae

That has already been released? I tested a bit of it with a friend while it was in beta, but I didn't really like it. I'll probably stick with windows 7 until 8 gets more mainstream.

It's still in beta (though Microsoft doesn't call it this way). Imagine if I was running a beta product from Microsoft in conjunction with a beta product from Blizzard (MoP Beta). I think I'd lose a lot of productivity :P

No company supports in OS that is still in Beta. While functionality may exist I would not exist Blizzard to push out full support until Windows 8 goes live.

I work in the technical support field and lots of people currently have consumer review editions of Windows 8, but the fact of the matter is that it's not the final version and will change by the time it goes live. Any work that a company invests in getting a full fledged solution live now is wasted time and money.

You may want to run a previous version of Windows in emulation or wait until it goes live before looking to Blizzard for support.

I had the Windows 8 compatibility test running as my main OS for about 3 months earlier this year. I had absolutely zero problems with running any games or software on it. World of Warcraft ran fine with no problems whatsoever.

[rant]

I will say though that as far as operating systems go - Windows 8 is absolutely horrible to use. It is painfully obvious from the start that it is squarely aimed at the tablet PC user. The lack of start menu is annoying. The smartphone type apps screen is excruciating and prone to bugging out (well did on the version I was using) Simple mundane tasks such as viewing a picture now require you to launch a very slow and limited app from the start screen. I honestly could not wait to go back to Windows 7 where I will stubbornly stay for as long as possible!

[/rant]