FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
krillon

Which talents will be best for Balance DPS in patch 5.4?

I am wondering the same. I am still trying to try out different scenarios for each talent but haven't got much time on it. I was suppose to raid on my mage for SoO and my raid leader pulled the switch to my boomkin last night (who is not as geared and not as progressed in legendary) so I am trying to do what I can to get ready for raid this week lol

alot of players seem to be taking Incarnation once again and moving from Nature's vigil to heart of the wild. Heart of the wild is for raid utility as it increases healing from tranquility and the passive from heart of the wild increases your intellect and hit I believe.

They're all good choices. There are some mechanics which would cause me to choose one over the other. IS there a damage modifier in the fight? If so, I'm choosing Inc and NV every time. Lots of movement involved? Trees and HotW (6% passive Int and Stamina) there. Can I stand resonably still for a lot of the fight? DoC and Inc this tier. That DoC buff is no joke. 25% increased damage on next eclipse? Absolutely. I honestly expect that to be nerfed mid-tier.

People have moved from NV to HotW since 5.3 hit and it changed NV cd to 1,5min and the strength divided by half.

The choice between HotW and DoC is harder. THey're both on par. But DoC is favored for multiple targets.

DoC stacks with inc, not with treants I think, so people do Inc together with DoC mostly.

If you don't like DoC (and go HotW) in general you can say incarnation for multi target and treants single. Cause treants go ape on target changing.

Edited by wixey

If you want more burst then Incarnation and Natures Vigil or when there a timed dmg modifier like with jin rokhs puddles

Otherwise go with Treants and HotW for the best sustained dps.

IMO: DoC is only good for fights where you will make heavy use of Hurricane/Astra Storm. This is because you are only in an eclipse state for max 5 starfire casts (20 solar energy) or roughly 7 wraths (15 lunar energy). Excluding starsurge procs. And trying to weave in HTs can hurt your dps if you get SS procs or trinket proc's etc while trying to cast said HT.

DoC and Incarnation blow Inc/NV out of the water for burst. NV gives 10% increased damage every 30/90 seconds, DoC gives 25% increased damage in every single eclipse. The cast time for the HT's doesn't put that value lower than 10%, especially considering that every minute, your HT is instant cast.

DoC and Incarnation blow Inc/NV out of the water for burst. NV gives 10% increased damage every 30/90 seconds, DoC gives 25% increased damage in every single eclipse. The cast time for the HT's doesn't put that value lower than 10%, especially considering that every minute, your HT is instant cast.

I really like using DoC with INC for any boss that you can have a lot of uptime on your burst. The burst in the begining is insane (if you havent tried it, you need to lol) If it gets paired with skull banners and trinket procs, it will outburst a lot of other classes.

Like you said, if the fight has a lot of movement then I will take HoTW just because It gets to be a lot to manage the DoC while your trying to move around. Overall, I like all threee. I plan on taking trees for single target fights when I get my meta, but until then it is mostly INC for me.