FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Infamoose

CoF vs EEF

Hey,

So I am having a bit of a hard time deciding which trinket to use. 

I have an 880 Convergence of Fates and an 895 Entwined Elemental Foci.

My sims are showing EEF pulling in at least 10k more dps, but the spreadsheet supplied by Azortharion shows that my ilvl CoF is better than the EEF. 

I personally like CoF more since I have swapped back to my legendary belt>wrist (I have the shoulders as my second legendary) and I like having a shorter cooldown on Aspect of the Wild, but I dont want to be cutting my dps short if EEF is really better.

Also, is the 10k dps difference pretty negligible/minimal? 

EEF is usually better if you're running with the belt; since the 7.2 nerf, CoF & bracers pretty much work as the equivalent of the belt. You're essentially getting the same amount of usage out of Killer Cobra if you're using the belt as you would bracers and trinket. 

EEF is also feast or famine in regards to procs, if it procs off the bat you're good to go for some awesome burst, but if it only procs once or twice a fight it's not very useful. I guess you have to consider what you want; more damage and more consistent usage from Killer Cobra with the belt and EEF for the nice procs, or using CoF for a mildly shorter Aspect which essentially does the work of your belt for you.

Basically EEF & Belt or CoF & bracers.

6 hours ago, Luthixx said:

EEF is usually better if you're running with the belt; since the 7.2 nerf, CoF & bracers pretty much work as the equivalent of the belt. You're essentially getting the same amount of usage out of Killer Cobra if you're using the belt as you would bracers and trinket. 

EEF is also feast or famine in regards to procs, if it procs off the bat you're good to go for some awesome burst, but if it only procs once or twice a fight it's not very useful. I guess you have to consider what you want; more damage and more consistent usage from Killer Cobra with the belt and EEF for the nice procs, or using CoF for a mildly shorter Aspect which essentially does the work of your belt for you.

Basically EEF & Belt or CoF & bracers.

ok what did i miss.....last time i simmed after the nerf the bracer/cof with shoulders was simming a nice bit above my other equipment ...now i can go belt/shoulders with my 875 arcanocrystal and get get the same results. 

was there a error in the sims that got corrected? 

2 hours ago, Banard said:

ok what did i miss.....last time i simmed after the nerf the bracer/cof with shoulders was simming a nice bit above my other equipment ...now i can go belt/shoulders with my 875 arcanocrystal and get get the same results. 

was there a error in the sims that got corrected? 

Belt and bracers sim quite closely, but it's just a matter of what your other trinket would be and your uptime on BW. I feel if you're not able to line up every second BW with Aspect and the cooldowns end up way off then you might be better off going belt & arcano. q

1 hour ago, Luthixx said:

Belt and bracers sim quite closely, but it's just a matter of what your other trinket would be and your uptime on BW. I feel if you're not able to line up every second BW with Aspect and the cooldowns end up way off then you might be better off going belt & arcano. q

let me re-phrase this.....my sims are the same as last week with 2 more traits....aka last week i was simming 20k more with same gear...this the day of the nerf (see the other thread). 

what else occurred in the sims....

5 hours ago, Luthixx said:

Belt and bracers sim quite closely

Belt/EEF sims at least 15k above Bracers/CoF which is why I feel like i should run the Belt/EEF combo. 

Or is 15k pretty similar in terms of sims?

8 hours ago, Banard said:

let me re-phrase this.....my sims are the same as last week with 2 more traits....aka last week i was simming 20k more with same gear...this the day of the nerf (see the other thread). 

what else occurred in the sims....

If you did the sims the day of the hotfix, simcraft may not have fully updated to ensure it wasn't buggy; some people were reporting double nerf on the sims and others were reporting inaccurate sims. Guess it's safe to just go off what you're doing now and assume simc wasbuggy.

3 hours ago, Infamoose said:

Belt/EEF sims at least 15k above Bracers/CoF which is why I feel like i should run the Belt/EEF combo. 

Or is 15k pretty similar in terms of sims?

Go the belt/EEF then, 15k is quite a difference and it's a little more consistent (if the procs are okay). What's your other legendary you'd be using too by the way?

39 minutes ago, Luthixx said:

Go the belt/EEF then, 15k is quite a difference and it's a little more consistent (if the procs are okay). What's your other legendary you'd be using too by the way?

I currently also have the shoulders, so those are my second legendary. 

The sim difference between belt/EEF and belt/CoF is about 7k (with EEF pulling ahead). 7k seems much more minimal so i might run belt/CoF.

1 hour ago, Infamoose said:

I currently also have the shoulders, so those are my second legendary. 

The sim difference between belt/EEF and belt/CoF is about 7k (with EEF pulling ahead). 7k seems much more minimal so i might run belt/CoF.

CoF is only really worth it if you're running the bracers, just go belt and EEF if you're going with the belt.

Just now, Luthixx said:

CoF is only really worth it if you're running the bracers, just go belt and EEF if you're going with the belt.

Hmm alright! Thanks for all the help! ^.^

I really like CoF since i like having the opportunity to use Aspect of the Wild more often, but CoF does probably fall short without the bracers. Im just getiing hung up on the numbers. :3